Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

making a ring fit without resizing it

POST A REPLY

Feb 17, 2007, 1:35am   #1
ilzabet
easily amused
i lost my brother on tuesday. for obvious reasons, i don't want to resize his class ring but i'd also like to wear it. it pretty much fits, but it's a teensy bit loose. i'd feel more secure about it if there was something temporary i could do to it without changing it at all.

any ideas?
Feb 17, 2007, 1:46am   #2
Lvbabydoll
♥'s Cupcakes
These are kind of helpful..
ring guard ring wrap
Feb 17, 2007, 6:29am   #3
A-T-G
Howz that ban?
Oh, I am sorry to hear that. Deepest condolences. You could wear it on a chain or silk cord around your neck...if you don't like the ring guard/wrap.
Feb 17, 2007, 10:23am   #4
*suzi*
That is awful news. I am so sorry for your loss.

Ask your jeweler if he/she could put in sizing bumps. I believe they can be easily removed if needed at a later date.

Please take care. We will all be thinking of you.
Feb 17, 2007, 11:42am   #5
Kat
First let me say I am deeply sorry for your loss. In an accessories place in the mall I found a pack of little clear ring sizers in different dimensions. It ony cost a couple of dollars. They are easy to get on and off. I forget the name of the store, but I'm sure any store in your area that sells accessories will have them. I'll try to see if I can find pics online and I'll post them.
Feb 17, 2007, 11:46am   #6
Janos614
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother.
Feb 17, 2007, 12:22pm   #7
q
queen
condolences to you and your family.
Feb 17, 2007, 6:52pm   #8
ilzabet
easily amused
thanks for your kind thoughts. (and helpful suggestions! )
Feb 17, 2007, 7:11pm   #9
katielou07
so sorry for your loss. i hope you can find a way to wear his ring, it's a very meaningful way to keep him near.
Feb 17, 2007, 8:31pm   #10
Raspberry
I'm very sorry to hear the news. :(

You can ask your jeweller to put in sizing beads - basically just tiny little nubs of metal are soldered to the inside of the ring to tighthen the gap between your finger and the ring.

Or for an ultra-temporary solution, Claire's sells ring sizers. They're short, transparent tubes (kind of like aquarium tubing) with a slit in them lengthwise. You slide them on the ring and wear them on the underside (your palm side). I think they come in packages of two or four and they're maybe 3-4 dollars a pack?
Feb 17, 2007, 10:40pm   #11
lv-lover
So sorry for your loss. *hugs*
I'm afraid I won't be able to help with your ring situation, but looks like a lot of the other ladies have given you some great suggestions.
Feb 17, 2007, 11:56pm   #12
chodessa
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
So sorry to hear about your loss.......
Feb 18, 2007, 9:29pm   #13
snowwhite
Ilzabet, I am so, so sorry to hear that you lost your brother. I know how devastating it is to lose family members.

I had something called a u-ring in my engagement ring--my fingers are very small, and the original setting could not be re-sized that much. The jeweller put the u-ring in until the setting could be re-made, and it worked really well! It's like a smaller, flexible ring inside the original ring, and it's open on one side. It really worked!

I hope you can wear your brother's ring.

I'll be thinking of you.
Feb 20, 2007, 12:03am   #14
CastoCreations
I'm so sorry!!! I am sure you are grieving and wearing his ring will help. If you want to start wearing it right away before getting a 'real' fix...you can try tying a piece of string on the palm side. My aunt did it for her wedding ring after she lost some weight.

I hope you find a suitable fix to wear your brother's ring.
Feb 20, 2007, 4:57pm   #15
patchouli
duchesse de mode
im sorry for ur loss.I have really thin fingers so most of my rings are too loose, my mother got me this kind of wire ring resizer where u attach to the ring and tighten the sides on the loop, it stays nice and tight on ur finger when u wear it.You loosen the clasps and take it off very easily.My mum got them somewhere in singapore , but im pretty sure lots of jewellers make it.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >