Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Ladies with smaller diamond rings... are you planning to upgrade?

POST A REPLY

Feb 22, 2012, 6:29pm   #31
bagladyseattle
Here is my long story… my original engagement had re-set on my first year anniversary. Then it got stolen two months before my 2nd year anniversary. The insurance paid us, but we used the money to invest in real estate and it was a bad move. Then I had an opportunity to replace and upgrade but did not like the stone the jeweler sent me. I upgraded my studs to larger studs (2.48 ctw). Along the way, I talked my hubby into buying smaller stone ring… 3-stone ring (1.47ctw) to make it as everyday ring; however, I feel like I am missing “the” ring.
This April is my 6th year anniversary and I am in the process of getting replace/upgrade my ring. I hope to get before the summer end. I wish I had gotten my replace/upgrade a few years ago for cheaper price.
I personally don’t have attachment to jewelry. I departed my stud that my husband gave me on the wedding day for an upgrade. I never regretted it and glad that I did.
Feb 22, 2012, 6:52pm   #32
G
Gigi C
GGC
I upgraded my ring & I love it! I kept the original ring & used the diamonds to have a beautiful necklace made for our daughter when she graduated from high school. She was thrilled & so was I!
Feb 26, 2012, 3:09pm   #33
H
H for Hermes
Hi ladies,
It's our 10 years anniversary, and I m actually thinking of getting another 1.5 ct diamond to match my e-ring diamond to become a ear ring set! What do you think! I already had another 2.5 ct ring to replace the old one!
Feb 27, 2012, 1:51am   #34
c
cellardoor433
Hmm. Interesting question - I've only been married for 3 years, and my e-ring is a vintage sapphire diamond ring, so at this stage, I'd say no to upgrades, and probably spend the $$ on a nice holiday for the two of us. But maybe a diamond eterinity band later on.
Feb 27, 2012, 10:05am   #35
Kathd
~ Living the dream ~
Originally Posted by H for Hermes
Hi ladies,
It's our 10 years anniversary, and I m actually thinking of getting another 1.5 ct diamond to match my e-ring diamond to become a ear ring set! What do you think! I already had another 2.5 ct ring to replace the old one!
I think that's a great idea!!! An other alternative would be to use your original diamond as a pendant.
Would love to see both the original and the upgrade!
Feb 27, 2012, 1:46pm   #36
cookie888
Get the upgrade and reset your original into a necklace or ear studs.

I'm working to the same goals - I've just confirmed the design for my upgrade ring (with a completely different style) and the original diamond I'm changing into ear studs.

I can't wait to upload my engagement ring on tPF.

Do it, do it, do it!
Feb 27, 2012, 2:30pm   #37
etk123
Call me Kiki
Originally Posted by cookie888
Get the upgrade and reset your original into a necklace or ear studs.

I'm working to the same goals - I've just confirmed the design for my upgrade ring (with a completely different style) and the original diamond I'm changing into ear studs.

I can't wait to upload my engagement ring on tPF.

Do it, do it, do it!
We can't wait to see! Congrats on such an exciting decision!!
Feb 28, 2012, 12:02am   #38
Bitten
Chic, not cheap.
I don't know - I am pretty sentimental about jewellery so I don't think I could upgrade. I'm a romantic fool

Don't get me wrong though, all new jewellery or additional pieces gratefully received!!!
Feb 28, 2012, 1:20am   #39
r
ruby1234
Hi. This is my first post in the forum. When we first married, we barely had enough money to get a .3 ct diamond solitaire. My hubby gave me a 1.0 ct in our 10th anniversary; a IF 2.5 ct in our 25th anniversary. I've kept all my rings as a reminder of how we progress in our marriage and our lives.
Feb 28, 2012, 1:40am   #40
Bitten
Chic, not cheap.
Originally Posted by ruby1234
Hi. This is my first post in the forum. When we first married, we barely had enough money to get a .3 ct diamond solitaire. My hubby gave me a 1.0 ct in our 10th anniversary; a IF 2.5 ct in our 25th anniversary. I've kept all my rings as a reminder of how we progress in our marriage and our lives.
That's a lovely way to look at things

Congrats on 25+ years!!!
Feb 28, 2012, 1:57pm   #41
faintlymacabre
Beautiful. :)
Feb 28, 2012, 7:26pm   #42
jxwilliams
I love that Ruby!
Feb 29, 2012, 2:56am   #43
c
cung
it's so lovely to mark your live that way. Hope we all could have such a long and happy marriage as yours.

My e-ring is a 0.3ct solitaire in tiffany style setting, together with earrings and pendant that I got from my DH in our wedding. I never thought of trade it for a larger stone but do not mind to get a RHR. I'll keep all of my jewelry I got for bday and anniversary and always smile when I look at them. I also plan to pass it to my daughters and son when they are grown up and getting married
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >