Home Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box

ENGAGEMENTS RINGS! What does yours look like?


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Aug 6, 2012, 3:33am   #2866
mrscook's Avatar
Tattersall Junkie
This March DH and I celebrated 5 years. My diamond was originally set in a simple solitaire setting but I cut gloves open with my ring at work all the time (I'm a nurse) so we decided it was a good time to have it reset in a halo. After much debating I chose a Scott Kay design engagement ring and wedding band. My original wedding band was a custom design to fit my first solitaire setting and sit flush. I decided this time around I didn't want my rings soldered so I can just wear the band to work or for casual occasions. It looks almost square in the pictures but if you look closely you can see the radiant shape. I had my stone bevel set so that I didn't have to mess around with prongs as they gave me grief in my last setting. I am thrilled with the results. I don't have my GIA paperwork in front of me so here are the stats I know...

Radiant cut
1.10 carat
G color
VVS2
Excellent

My naked stone waiting to be reset...


Setting with CZ and prongs...

With my stone...






Aug 6, 2012, 8:04am   #2867
jbweyer's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by mrscook
This March DH and I celebrated 5 years. My diamond was originally set in a simple solitaire setting but I cut gloves open with my ring at work all the time (I'm a nurse) so we decided it was a good time to have it reset in a halo. After much debating I chose a Scott Kay design engagement ring and wedding band. My original wedding band was a custom design to fit my first solitaire setting and sit flush. I decided this time around I didn't want my rings soldered so I can just wear the band to work or for casual occasions. It looks almost square in the pictures but if you look closely you can see the radiant shape. I had my stone bevel set so that I didn't have to mess around with prongs as they gave me grief in my last setting. I am thrilled with the results. I don't have my GIA paperwork in front of me so here are the stats I know...

Radiant cut
1.10 carat
G color
VVS2
Excellent

My naked stone waiting to be reset...

Setting with CZ and prongs...

With my stone...
Beautiful! Enjoy!
Aug 6, 2012, 8:37am   #2868
bling*lover's Avatar
Hello Lover!
Originally Posted by mrscook
This March DH and I celebrated 5 years. My diamond was originally set in a simple solitaire setting but I cut gloves open with my ring at work all the time (I'm a nurse) so we decided it was a good time to have it reset in a halo. After much debating I chose a Scott Kay design engagement ring and wedding band. My original wedding band was a custom design to fit my first solitaire setting and sit flush. I decided this time around I didn't want my rings soldered so I can just wear the band to work or for casual occasions. It looks almost square in the pictures but if you look closely you can see the radiant shape. I had my stone bevel set so that I didn't have to mess around with prongs as they gave me grief in my last setting. I am thrilled with the results. I don't have my GIA paperwork in front of me so here are the stats I know...

Radiant cut
1.10 carat
G color
VVS2
Excellent

My naked stone waiting to be reset...

Setting with CZ and prongs...

With my stone...
Absolutely gorgeous ring! Huge congrats to you on the ring and the 5 years!
Aug 6, 2012, 9:22am   #2869
ame's Avatar
ame
Member
Originally Posted by m_ushi
Hi, so I have been reading this thread for like 2 years now... And I got engaged July 2011. I've finally just decided to post a picture of my ring... It is actually already almost my wedding date. I will be getting married in September.
Anyway, I absolutely love it! :) I don't know all the Specs. All I know is it is 3.02 carats. Thanks for letting me share.
GORGEOUS stone!
Aug 6, 2012, 1:15pm   #2870
lucydee's Avatar
Member
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR RESET!
I think you will not have a problem anymore since your new setting is bezel and its smoother so it wont get caught on the gloves.
Congrats on 5 years!
Aug 6, 2012, 1:17pm   #2871
lucydee's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by mrscook
this march dh and i celebrated 5 years. My diamond was originally set in a simple solitaire setting but i cut gloves open with my ring at work all the time (i'm a nurse) so we decided it was a good time to have it reset in a halo. After much debating i chose a scott kay design engagement ring and wedding band. My original wedding band was a custom design to fit my first solitaire setting and sit flush. I decided this time around i didn't want my rings soldered so i can just wear the band to work or for casual occasions. It looks almost square in the pictures but if you look closely you can see the radiant shape. I had my stone bevel set so that i didn't have to mess around with prongs as they gave me grief in my last setting. I am thrilled with the results. I don't have my gia paperwork in front of me so here are the stats i know...

Radiant cut
1.10 carat
g color
vvs2
excellent

my naked stone waiting to be reset...
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/img_0879.jpg
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/img_0873.jpg
setting with cz and prongs...
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/img_0875.jpg
with my stone...
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/img_0949.jpg
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/img_0948.jpg
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/img_1034.jpg
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...img_1035-1.jpg
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/img_1036.jpg
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/img_1026.jpg
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/w...e/img_1010.jpg
love it! Congrats!
Aug 6, 2012, 3:45pm   #2872
fumi's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by m_ushi
Hi, so I have been reading this thread for like 2 years now... And I got engaged July 2011. I've finally just decided to post a picture of my ring... It is actually already almost my wedding date. I will be getting married in September.
Anyway, I absolutely love it! :) I don't know all the Specs. All I know is it is 3.02 carats. Thanks for letting me share.
This is so beautiful!
Aug 6, 2012, 5:44pm   #2873
Megana_'s Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by windchimes
Love all the pics of your beautiful ring. What an absolutely perfect diamond.
Thank you so much
Aug 6, 2012, 8:04pm   #2874
T
Member
Congrats to all the newly engaged ladies!! All your rings are beautiful!! I just wanted to share my rings as i'm coming up on our 6 yr anniversary in Oct!! Still feels like we're newbies!! This is a Tiffany ribbon .59 ct center round brilliant diamond vvs1 with pave diamond band fused with my pave wedding band and one yr anniversary band cause the one yr mark is important :) ) all from Tiffany...it needs a cleaning but I couldn't wait to share, thank you!

Name:  image-3180051249.jpg
Views: 7051
Size:  478.0 KB



Name:  image-837996686.jpg
Views: 4430
Size:  493.3 KB
Aug 7, 2012, 10:45am   #2875
susiana's Avatar
Member
Hi...everyone's ring looks beautiful.
I would love to share my ring picture.
it's not the best one, but I have it in my hand phone .
Thanks for letting me share...

Center stone is Brilliant Rose 1.58 ct F VS1
Attached Images
 
Aug 7, 2012, 2:58pm   #2876
D
Member
Originally Posted by Tall1Grl
Congrats to all the newly engaged ladies!! All your rings are beautiful!! I just wanted to share my rings as i'm coming up on our 6 yr anniversary in Oct!! Still feels like we're newbies!! This is a Tiffany ribbon .59 ct center round brilliant diamond vvs1 with pave diamond band fused with my pave wedding band and one yr anniversary band cause the one yr mark is important :) ) all from Tiffany...it needs a cleaning but I couldn't wait to share, thank you!

Attachment 1823667



Attachment 1823668
I like your ring very much. I have been contemplating getting this exact one to propose to my gf later this year. You wouldn't happen to have more pictures would you?
Aug 7, 2012, 3:28pm   #2877
karo's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by m_ushi
Hi, so I have been reading this thread for like 2 years now... And I got engaged July 2011. I've finally just decided to post a picture of my ring... It is actually already almost my wedding date. I will be getting married in September.
Anyway, I absolutely love it! :) I don't know all the Specs. All I know is it is 3.02 carats. Thanks for letting me share.
Congratulation on your upcoming wedding! Love your ring, it's absolutely stunning. All the best!
Aug 7, 2012, 5:02pm   #2878
T
Member
Originally Posted by Darkdoodle

I like your ring very much. I have been contemplating getting this exact one to propose to my gf later this year. You wouldn't happen to have more pictures would you?
Hey Darkdoodle,
Thank you! I wanted something that wasn't too antique or too modern, or that someone else might have, or too big, more like something that would stand the test of time and I found it in this ring! So excited for you and her!!

Name:  image-3187320302.jpg
Views: 4662
Size:  589.4 KB



Name:  image-3010778360.jpg
Views: 4682
Size:  516.0 KB

Name:  image-1175011054.jpg
Views: 4508
Size:  565.3 KB

Hope these help but really you should go and/or her together, and see for yourself if you can! Again, congrats!
Last edited Aug 7, 2012 at 5:23pm.
Aug 7, 2012, 6:11pm   #2879
kbella86's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by m_ushi
Hi, so I have been reading this thread for like 2 years now... And I got engaged July 2011. I've finally just decided to post a picture of my ring... It is actually already almost my wedding date. I will be getting married in September.
Anyway, I absolutely love it! :) I don't know all the Specs. All I know is it is 3.02 carats. Thanks for letting me share.


love it!
Aug 7, 2012, 7:53pm   #2880
fumi's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by susiana
Hi...everyone's ring looks beautiful.
I would love to share my ring picture.
it's not the best one, but I have it in my hand phone .
Thanks for letting me share...

Center stone is Brilliant Rose 1.58 ct F VS1
So lovely!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box  
TOP

Thread Tools