Home > >

Cartier LOVE Bracelet Discussion Thread!

POST A REPLY

Nov 5, 2012, 10:02pm   #1
c
coolb0yalex
I am confused as to whether or not the Cartier Love WG Bracelet is Rhodium Plated or not. Some people say that the bracelet IS NOT plated, while some say it is.

Does anyone know the answer to this?
Nov 5, 2012, 10:12pm   #2
einseine
Originally Posted by coolb0yalex
I am confused as to whether or not the Cartier Love WG Bracelet is Rhodium Plated or not. Some people say that the bracelet IS NOT plated, while some say it is.

Does anyone know the answer to this?
I have 4-diamond WG Love. Most of WG jewerly items are rhodium coated to enhance shine and durability. I was advised by SA that only diamond Love Bracelets are with anti-scratch coating. I am not sure if its in addition to Rodhium coating or not.
Nov 5, 2012, 10:13pm   #3
c
coolb0yalex
By the way, the only reason why I want to know is that I want to know how to take away minor scratches and to bring it back to a full shine. I heard that rhodium replating costs $500 :O and that was definitely a turn off. Anyways, please let me know if you have any information regarding the rhodium and Cartier's rapid shining (polishing) services. Thanks
Nov 5, 2012, 10:16pm   #4
c
coolb0yalex
Originally Posted by einseine
I have 4-diamond WG Love. Most of WG jewerly items are rhodium coated to enhance shine and durability. I was advised by SA that only diamond Love Bracelets are with anti-scratch coating. I am not sure if its in addition to Rodhium coating or not.
Thanks for your info!

The problem is that some members of TPF is claiming that the plain LOVE is NOT rhodium plated at all compared to the diamond version...

so I don't know if the diamond's "anti-scratch" coating is rhodium or something else altogether.

ANY EXPERIENCES FROM OTHERS IN TPF?
Nov 5, 2012, 11:26pm   #5
einseine
Originally Posted by coolb0yalex
Thanks for your info!

The problem is that some members of TPF is claiming that the plain LOVE is NOT rhodium plated at all compared to the diamond version...

so I don't know if the diamond's "anti-scratch" coating is rhodium or something else altogether.

ANY EXPERIENCES FROM OTHERS IN TPF?
I found out! The plain Love is Not rhodium plated.
Nov 6, 2012, 12:34am   #6
c
coolb0yalex
Originally Posted by einseine
I found out! The plain Love is Not rhodium plated.
Alright! Thanks for the info! Now I just have to find out what I can do to make it shine like it's new without bringing it back to Cartier for a $500 polish!
Nov 22, 2012, 7:09pm   #7
greenteawasabi
~ Chanel LoVer ~
I have the Love Ring in white gold, and I notice it's a much darker white than normal white golds if that makes sense. I thought I had gotten a tarnished item at first cos it looked so dark, but was SA explained that this was due to Cartier not plating their white golds the way other companies do. I'm assuming this is rhodium or palladium?

Just bought the Trinity XL ring yesterday (yayyyy) and I notice it's the same with the WG band. Dark.
Nov 23, 2012, 4:13am   #8
xactreality
Originally Posted by greenteawasabi
I have the Love Ring in white gold, and I notice it's a much darker white than normal white golds if that makes sense. I thought I had gotten a tarnished item at first cos it looked so dark, but was SA explained that this was due to Cartier not plating their white golds the way other companies do. I'm assuming this is rhodium or palladium?

Just bought the Trinity XL ring yesterday (yayyyy) and I notice it's the same with the WG band. Dark.
I have a WG Love wedding band and I noticed the same too, it is darker than other WG pieces out there.. Doesn't really bother me but I think it would if it was the bracelet!
Nov 23, 2012, 7:19am   #9
greenteawasabi
~ Chanel LoVer ~
Originally Posted by xactreality
I have a WG Love wedding band and I noticed the same too, it is darker than other WG pieces out there.. Doesn't really bother me but I think it would if it was the bracelet!
I went to Cartier today to place my order for a PG LOVE BRACELET (yayyyyyyy), and asked the SA about the "darker" WG Love ring. She took out another Love ring with diamonds which are rhodium plated and I could see the difference. Rhodium plating lightens , brightens and shines up the gold, and is only used by Cartier for WG pieces with diamonds. So technically, the bracelets without diamonds would have this darker tinge.
Nov 23, 2012, 12:24pm   #10
xactreality
I went to Cartier today to place my order for a PG LOVE BRACELET (yayyyyyyy), and asked the SA about the "darker" WG Love ring. She took out another Love ring with diamonds which are rhodium plated and I could see the difference. Rhodium plating lightens , brightens and shines up the gold, and is only used by Cartier for WG pieces with diamonds. So technically, the bracelets without diamonds would have this darker tinge.
My wedding band is with a diamond.. Here it is:

Do you think it looks dark? Compared to the other band? Should I take it to Cartier? I've had it for 2 years now..

Nov 23, 2012, 1:20pm   #11
Golden Touch

Do you think it looks dark? Compared to the other band? Should I take it to Cartier? I've had it for 2 years now..
I have the white gold claws on my engagement & eternity band rhodium plated every 12 months. Mine is not Cartier, but you will notice a big difference when done.

I have no idea how long their service for this takes but my local Jeweller will let me know the day he is doing this & I drop my rings in first thing & pick them up in the afternoon.
Nov 23, 2012, 3:54pm   #12
greenteawasabi
~ Chanel LoVer ~

Hi! No it doesn't ... That was my 1st thought. And then I realized why - your Love ring has diamonds , and thus rhodium plated. It looks perfect with your eternity band :-) if u have time, drop by Cartier and put it right next to a Love ring without diamonds and you'll see how much "whiter" yours is. If your ring looks like it has darkened over the years, it may just have "dulled" from daily use rather than due to absence of rhodium. That's my personal opinion, cos I use 90% WG for years. They can use a bit of polishing/replating when they scratch/become yellowish but my Cartier SA advised no more than 3x in a lifetimes of the piece as a layer of the gold gets scrapped off in the process each time!
Last edited Nov 23, 2012 at 4:11pm.
Nov 23, 2012, 4:08pm   #13
greenteawasabi
~ Chanel LoVer ~
Btw, Xactreality : I just noticed your Love bracelet and how you wear it with your watch and snugly around your wrist! Is it comfy that way, is it tight (ie : no room to move, or turn around) and does it scratch/get scratched by the watch?

Have jut ordered a size 16 PG love bracelet even though my SA advised a 17 :-0 cos I preferred the "better fit" of it rather than having that little bit of space. What's your thought? Anyone else with Lov bracelet, help? My piece arrives in 3-8 weeks so I still have time t change the order size. Much thanks!
Nov 24, 2012, 1:40pm   #14
xactreality
Btw, Xactreality : I just noticed your Love bracelet and how you wear it with your watch and snugly around your wrist! Is it comfy that way, is it tight (ie : no room to move, or turn around) and does it scratch/get scratched by the watch?

Have jut ordered a size 16 PG love bracelet even though my SA advised a 17 :-0 cos I preferred the "better fit" of it rather than having that little bit of space. What's your thought? Anyone else with Lov bracelet, help? My piece arrives in 3-8 weeks so I still have time t change the order size. Much thanks!
Hi!

To be honest, I dont wear anything with my watch.. This photo was for the purpose of modelling
My cuff is not "too fitted" if that meakes sense, it does have some room. Usually they advise to size down in the cuff compared to the bracelet to prevent it from coming off.. The cuff is supposed to be more fitted than the bracelet.. I also prefer this fit, too much movement drives me crazy and is uncomfortable.. HTH!
Nov 24, 2012, 1:41pm   #15
xactreality
Hi! No it doesn't ... That was my 1st thought. And then I realized why - your Love ring has diamonds , and thus rhodium plated. It looks perfect with your eternity band :-) if u have time, drop by Cartier and put it right next to a Love ring without diamonds and you'll see how much "whiter" yours is. If your ring looks like it has darkened over the years, it may just have "dulled" from daily use rather than due to absence of rhodium. That's my personal opinion, cos I use 90% WG for years. They can use a bit of polishing/replating when they scratch/become yellowish but my Cartier SA advised no more than 3x in a lifetimes of the piece as a layer of the gold gets scrapped off in the process each time!
Thanks alot! Don't forget to share with us when your lovely arrives!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >