Home Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box

buying cartier at saks

POST A REPLY

May 11, 2008, 11:31am   #1
m
hi guys! i know ive read before that members have purchased cartier watches at Saks and gotten a discount from SAs? can anyone tell me how much discount they got? Cuz I was wondering if it will be worth it for me to buy the watch at cartier, get the discount, and open a Saks card or if i should just get it from a jomashop or something that has the watch on discount.

Thanks!!
May 11, 2008, 11:52am   #2
I've heard 10% discount for watches over $3000. With the EGC coming up, you could really save big.
May 11, 2008, 11:59am   #3
I purchased my Tank Francaise at Saks during the EGC event. I applied for instant credit (a Saks store card account) and got 10% off, on top of a $450.00 gift card. The EGCs are more generous now, but Cartier watches have gone up in price since I did it last July. The end cost of the watch goes on to your new Saks account. I paid it off immediately, as any finance charges would negate the 10% pretty quickly.

As far as I know, this is the most cost effective way to purchase a brand new, fully warrantied (warrantied by Cartier itself) Cartier watch.
Last edited May 11, 2008 at 12:02pm.
May 11, 2008, 12:07pm   #4
m
thanks spylove and cecilia! do you guys know if u can get 10% off on top of another 10% off with the opening of a new account? thanks!
May 11, 2008, 12:11pm   #5
meluvbags- I don't know of any furthur discounts. That sure would be nice though.... I want a Tank Louis now.
May 11, 2008, 2:34pm   #6
I was offered 15% total discount if you open a card.
May 12, 2008, 3:37am   #7
Originally Posted by Cecilia2
I purchased my Tank Francaise at Saks during the EGC event. I applied for instant credit (a Saks store card account) and got 10% off, on top of a $450.00 gift card. The EGCs are more generous now, but Cartier watches have gone up in price since I did it last July. The end cost of the watch goes on to your new Saks account. I paid it off immediately, as any finance charges would negate the 10% pretty quickly.

As far as I know, this is the most cost effective way to purchase a brand new, fully warrantied (warrantied by Cartier itself) Cartier watch.

i cant think of any other way either. plus theres nothing like buying it straight from a boutique, or a distributor for the piece of mind.
Jul 23, 2012, 7:48am   #8
s
Does Saks still discount on Cartier watches?
Jul 23, 2012, 6:33pm   #9
Originally Posted by slr_bags
Does Saks still discount on Cartier watches?

Yes, I believe so. Although the trend for discounting on watches has significantly decreased in recent years...which is a shame to say the least.
Jul 23, 2012, 7:40pm   #10
l
I was actually surprised to see authentic Cartier watches on display at the Costco near me. Is this typical of Costco's across America? I live in the San Francisco Bay area.
Jul 23, 2012, 8:03pm   #11
neutral classic
Does anyone know if discount can be applied on cartier bracelets? I am particularly looking for the love bracelet.

I have a Saks charge, Do promotions like "buy some get some", or double/triple points would apply to my future cartier purchase, thanks in advance!
Jul 23, 2012, 10:02pm   #12
b
Originally Posted by warmhaus
Does anyone know if discount can be applied on cartier bracelets? I am particularly looking for the love bracelet.

I have a Saks charge, Do promotions like "buy some get some", or double/triple points would apply to my future cartier purchase, thanks in advance!
i am pretty sure you can only get Cartier watches at Saks
Sep 30, 2012, 1:13am   #13
P
I recently called my local Saks and asked if I could apply the 10% discount to a Cartier watch if I opened a store card. I was told no....anyone recently have experience that proves otherwise?
Sep 30, 2012, 9:59am   #14
I would head to an authorized dealer and ask for a 20-30% discount and mention that you are paying in cash. Thats basically the industry norm when it comes to watches.
Sep 30, 2012, 12:53pm   #15
P
Originally Posted by Christofle
I would head to an authorized dealer and ask for a 20-30% discount and mention that you are paying in cash. Thats basically the industry norm when it comes to watches.
Interesting. I did a ton of research on this and was totally expecting at least 15% off because I seem to read that EVERYWHERE (I'm talking about dedicated watch-geek forums). The AD totally wouldn't budge and said "the best I can do is 7%" and that doesn't even cover tax!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Accessorize Yourself The Jewelry Box