Ballon Bleu...which size? Meduim or Large

View Poll Results: Which size
Medium 23 65.71%
Large 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

POST A REPLY

Mar 30, 2012, 9:07am   #1
prplhrt21
I was going to go for a Rolex, but I think that it's a bit much for where I work and might raise some eyebrows..so I've opted to go for a Ballon Bleu. I haven't tried it on yet..may be going today.So, which size ?? the medium or large?

thanks for your advice!!!
Mar 30, 2012, 9:17am   #2
ame
I think the Medium is more "classic". I say that because I think someday this big watch trend will pass.
Mar 30, 2012, 9:19am   #3
lolakitten
Medium. I tried on the Large & it looks rediculous on me - even if you shorten the links, it's so big that the face pokes out over the edges of my wrist - looks like I'm a little kid wearing my dad's watch.
Mar 30, 2012, 9:20am   #4
prplhrt21
^^Thanks Ladies!! I was thinking the large being a bit too big...keep the advice coming!!!

Oh and does anyone know if the AD will discount?

Thank you!!!
Mar 30, 2012, 11:21am   #5
prplhrt21
Ok I just tried them both on and I actually like the larger one!!
And they did give me 10% off the price.
Mar 30, 2012, 11:31am   #6
b
bagsforme
whats the mm size on each?
Mar 30, 2012, 11:52am   #7
lanasyogamama
What time is it?
I adore my Large. I've loved men's watches since high school, which was 20 years ago! You can see mine on my avatar, or in the Cartier thread.
Mar 30, 2012, 11:53am   #8
lanasyogamama
What time is it?
Did you buy it?!! Yay! I love when people go with their heart vs. the highest vote.
Mar 30, 2012, 12:18pm   #9
prplhrt21
Not yet..still contemplating..this is the most money I've ever spent on any luxury good and then I'll be soo banned for the rest of the year...
and I think they had the wrong price on the large...they had it marked $5650 and still 10% off..
Mar 30, 2012, 12:20pm   #10
lanasyogamama
What time is it?
Originally Posted by prplhrt21
Not yet..still contemplating..this is the most money I've ever spent on any luxury good and then I'll be soo banned for the rest of the year...
I know, it's a big deal, trust me, I get that. All I can say to enable you is say that I am happy EVERY SINGLE TIME I look at it, and I think I might (gasp) love it more than my Love bracelet.
Mar 30, 2012, 12:21pm   #11
prplhrt21
some pics...
the large is 42mm - I think my eyes lit up when I tried it on
the medium is 36.6mm
Attached Images

Mar 30, 2012, 12:23pm   #12
prplhrt21
Originally Posted by lanasyogamama
I know, it's a big deal, trust me, I get that. All I can say to enable you is say that I am happy EVERY SINGLE TIME I look at it, and I think I might (gasp) love it more than my Love bracelet.
hehe..I always feel like it's just me making such a big deal about things.
Mar 30, 2012, 12:30pm   #13
lanasyogamama
What time is it?
OMG no, these purchases are HUGE for me. I wish I was in a position where they weren't!!!
Mar 30, 2012, 12:32pm   #14
lanasyogamama
What time is it?
I like both on you actually, but I have to tell you, I love that little date window!!!
Mar 30, 2012, 12:36pm   #15
prplhrt21
Originally Posted by lanasyogamama
I like both on you actually, but I have to tell you, I love that little date window!!!
I'm a sucker for the date window too...but I dunno..the medium one didn't really WOW me in anyway..kind of like...yeah, it's there..I guess..understated elegance..in the long run the medium probably would be better? Having a hard time convincing myself..:) I'll have to go back and try again.....and again..I don't think I'll be spending this kind of money on another watch for a long time..
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >