Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

To many OTK & thigh length boots?

POST A REPLY

Apr 15, 2012, 5:29pm   #61
randr21
Watch "The Cove"
Originally Posted by Kayapo97
Practical ways of how to wear OTK boots with classic style. This is sort of style I am for.
Love this look too, need to bookmark this thread for ideas, keep them coming!
Apr 20, 2012, 9:53pm   #62
Kayapo97
Have not come across this designer (Altuzarra) before but clearly OTK boots are still popular trend.
Attached Images

Apr 27, 2012, 6:36pm   #63
Kayapo97
Some practical and some less practical ways to wear your OTK boots!

Enjoy.
Attached Images

Apr 27, 2012, 10:43pm   #64
quackedup
^ love the look of shorts with OTK in the shoot, but how practical is it 'in real life'?
how can you make it less 'tarty' for a regular person?
Apr 28, 2012, 7:52am   #65
Kayapo97
Originally Posted by quackedup
^ love the look of shorts with OTK in the shoot, but how practical is it 'in real life'?
how can you make it less 'tarty' for a regular person?
As I said I don't think the last outfit it is practical at all, remember it is from a fashion shoot so more about showing off the Tom Ford boots etc rather than a real life scenario. I am sure some celebrity might wear them like this for a red carpet type event, especially as they often get given them or even paid to wear outfits for promotion of the brand.

My style is far more practical like in the first picture and far more suitable for real life as you put it.

Still a great looking pair of boots - dream on!
May 20, 2012, 7:22pm   #66
Kayapo97
A few new examples of how to wear your OTK boots
Attached Images

Jun 23, 2012, 6:48pm   #67
Kayapo97
Kylie wearing a pair of Pucci boots - How does she do it I think as she gets older she looks better and better
Attached Images

Jun 29, 2012, 7:19pm   #68
Kayapo97
I know it is silly but I have just been tempted to buy another pair of OTK boots. Thank goodness they don't have them in my size 41 otherwise the credit card could have taken a hammering - and I promised to buy no more shoes as I have just picked up today my two new pairs of MBs.

But having worn my casdaei blade pumps out for the first time and had such a fabulous time the idea of getting some boots with the same type of heel was a big big temptation.
Attached Images

Last edited Jun 29, 2012 at 7:51pm.
Jul 1, 2012, 2:22am   #69
y
yellowsuitcase
Kayapo97: OT but who makes the shoes in your profile pic? I came in looking for OTK and thigh high boots and fell in love with them!

Do you think OTK and thigh high boots make short legs even shorter? I've got muscular calves(they flap around in wide calves but are too big for the regular 14-14.5' boots usually. My inseam is about 28' and I was wondering if there are..erm.. physical limitations to these kind of boots.
Jul 1, 2012, 12:33pm   #70
Kayapo97
Originally Posted by yellowsuitcase
Kayapo97: OT but who makes the shoes in your profile pic? I came in looking for OTK and thigh high boots and fell in love with them!

Do you think OTK and thigh high boots make short legs even shorter? I've got muscular calves(they flap around in wide calves but are too big for the regular 14-14.5' boots usually. My inseam is about 28' and I was wondering if there are..erm.. physical limitations to these kind of boots.
The shoes in my picture are by Pucci from Summer/Autumn 09 I think. I wear them quite often even though the straps a bit of a job to do up. You might find that Yoox still has them.

I think boots with heels only make legs look longer, but yes getting something to fit can be a problem, suggest go for stretch material either suede or leather. But essential to try on in a shop and find particular designer that works for you.
Jul 1, 2012, 11:30pm   #71
marina230
Love all hour boots! If I would not live in Miami, I would spend all my money on boots and leather jackets. Even living here, I have around 10 pairs of boots and 12 leather jackets. Is it practical for me? Absolutely not, but ..... It is not always about being practical, just having fun. May be I should spend more time on money forum....
Jul 1, 2012, 11:40pm   #72
F
Flyboy2
Account Deactivated
I have found thigh high boots are good if your tall (over 5'8) other wise if your short or petite you almost look like you have no legs. But I do like the boots they are all so pretty
Jul 2, 2012, 7:04pm   #73
Kayapo97
Originally Posted by Flyboy2
I have found thigh high boots are good if your tall (over 5'8) other wise if your short or petite you almost look like you have no legs. But I do like the boots they are all so pretty
Flyboy2,

Thanks - glad you think the boots are pretty.
I guess I am quite lucky being 5'8" that the boots suit me.
Jul 2, 2012, 8:14pm   #74
F
Flyboy2
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by Kayapo97
Flyboy2,

Thanks - glad you think the boots are pretty.
I guess I am quite lucky being 5'8" that the boots suit me.
yeah I am a little shorty at 5'4 and found up to the knee is fine but if I go above the knee I look like I have no legs LOL
Jul 2, 2012, 11:35pm   #75
y
yellowsuitcase
thanks kayapo97! You really know how how to find those sexy boots don't you?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >