Home Shoes, Shoes, Shoes The Glass Slipper

sweaty feet in heels/shoes

POST A REPLY

May 19, 2008, 2:59am   #1
d
how do you keep your feet from sweating in shoes/heels with no socks?
i just do not understand.....
May 19, 2008, 10:00am   #2
m
You can get summersoles which are pads you can put inside your shoes. They soak up the sweat and prevent you from sweating. It's at http://www.summersoles.com

Hope this helps.
May 19, 2008, 8:37pm   #3
♥♥♥BarbieRocks♥♥♥
What happens when your summersoles get smelly? Are they repalceable?
May 19, 2008, 10:21pm   #4
d
Originally Posted by TokiliciousJenY
What happens when your summersoles get smelly? Are they repalceable?
hahahahha good question
May 20, 2008, 2:34pm   #5
Sofa King Hooked
My brother sprays his feet with aerosol deodorant. Says it keeps them from sweating and from stinking.
May 20, 2008, 4:49pm   #6
I'm old school, but I wear hosiery with my heels. Except summer sandals and slides, then I am bare legged but those shoes are open.
May 20, 2008, 9:10pm   #7
s
FYI I find that alot of the sweating is due to the inside of your shoes not being breathable - i.e. they are not made of real leather. In the summer I wear all my pumps/sandals without any sort of sock/stocking and I find they don't sweat too much! I used to buy cheaper shoes with synthetic inner lining and found my feet were sweaty and stinky
May 20, 2008, 10:45pm   #8
H-Happy!
^^^

Yes, I too notice the same thing! The cheap shoes make my feet stink. So now I'd rather invest in better quality shoes.
May 21, 2008, 12:30am   #9
d
Originally Posted by snowbrdgrl
FYI I find that alot of the sweating is due to the inside of your shoes not being breathable - i.e. they are not made of real leather. In the summer I wear all my pumps/sandals without any sort of sock/stocking and I find they don't sweat too much! I used to buy cheaper shoes with synthetic inner lining and found my feet were sweaty and stinky
i got a pair of stuart weitzman shoes
i didnt buy them for a very cheap price but my feet still sweat
maybe i just have crazy feet?
May 21, 2008, 1:52am   #10
^^^My feet still sweat a bit in my CL flats....they are not cheap & are real leather, so IMO material is not always the excuse.
I use some baby powder which helps a lot. Put more around the areas that seem more sweaty than usual, a little in the shoe too would help a bit more.
May 27, 2008, 5:11am   #11
l
I spray deodrant spray or Sally Hansen's foot spray to prevent sweating and odor. They work great! I do not use Odor eater types because they smell funky... like some sort of granny medication smell.

Also, I know this is weird, I carry antibacterial wipes around and wipe my feet when I am in the bathroom. I am just really paranoid about smell in general than an average person!
May 27, 2008, 10:46pm   #12
Gimme.
A little baby powder does the trick for me. Also gets rid of your shoes' tendencies to, uh... fart.
Mar 5, 2010, 8:05am   #13
k
Account Deactivated
I have the same problem and my feet always sweat in heels. What is the best trick?
Mar 5, 2010, 8:15am   #14
I use a deodorant stick to swipe the bottom of my feet a couple of times each morning. I still wear socks though.
Mar 5, 2010, 8:21am   #15
Spray deodorant.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shoes, Shoes, Shoes The Glass Slipper