Home > >

Opinions on Stuart Weitzman Alex wedges- are they worth it?

POST A REPLY

Jan 13, 2011, 12:03am   #46
Mia Bella
balenciaga gaga :D
Thank you sneezz, Needanotherbag, jessdressed & Shoppaholic11 for your kind comments!

So ladies, I've decided to return my Alexlos. I think they're too pricy for me to only "kinda" like them. After putting them on I knew we just weren't meant to be! They're still super cute and I hope whoever is ordering a pair will love them!
Jan 13, 2011, 12:12am   #47
*want it all*
GOODBYE BREAKING BAD
That's too bad, Mia Bella. It looked so cute on you, but comfort must play into things, esp. considering a high price tag. I've never tried it on...gotta admit, I'm surprised because wedges are usually fairly comfy. That darn sole!
Jan 13, 2011, 1:12am   #48
Needanotherbag
Halt and Salute
Originally Posted by Mia Bella
Thank you sneezz, Needanotherbag, jessdressed & Shoppaholic11 for your kind comments!

So ladies, I've decided to return my Alexlos. I think they're too pricy for me to only "kinda" like them. After putting them on I knew we just weren't meant to be! They're still super cute and I hope whoever is ordering a pair will love them!
Bummer...gotta admit this makes me a little bit nervous that I wont like mine. I tried them on a year ago and they felt good then but perhaps they changed something about them that made them stiffer...
Jan 13, 2011, 3:15am   #49
sneezz
Gucci Whore
That's a shame Mia Bella. I'm sure you'll find the perfect pair some day.
Jan 13, 2011, 3:25am   #50
Mia Bella
Originally Posted by Needanotherbag
Bummer...gotta admit this makes me a little bit nervous that I wont like mine. I tried them on a year ago and they felt good then but perhaps they changed something about them that made them stiffer...
Don't be nervous! I think in this instance it's all a matter of preference. The difference between us is that you're comfortable in clog type shoes while I'm not. They're so cute...it sucked having to pack them up. I hate it when things don't work out.

Originally Posted by sneezz
That's a shame Mia Bella. I'm sure you'll find the perfect pair some day.
Thanks sneezz! You're so sweet.
Jan 13, 2011, 2:33pm   #51
koshi13
I have the Alex in Swamp and bought them from Bloomingdales last winter. They had a random pair on the sale rack and after all the extra discounts I think I paid $150 something with tax

I normally wear flats but since they are a wedge they are pretty comfortable to walk around in. They also seem to run a 1/2 size larger then other Stuart Weitzman styles.
Jan 14, 2011, 7:36pm   #52
Nhu Nhu
Koshi13 - wow what a deal!

Mia Bella - I think I'm on the same boat as you. Even though we didn't purchase the same shoe, I only "kinda" like my Alex.

What do you ladies think? Should I keep them? They're pretty comfortable. In regards to sizing, I size down 1/2 size. My usual size is 5, and I got these in a 4.5.

Jan 14, 2011, 7:56pm   #53
Needanotherbag
Halt and Salute
^^^They are so dang cute on you!! Keep them!
Jan 14, 2011, 8:02pm   #54
sneezz
Gucci Whore
Great steal of a price koshi, you really lucked out!

Keep them nhu nhu!! Thanks for the sizing advice. I'd need a 4.5 too then.

I am sad..Nordies ran out of 4.5 in the Alexlos! I should've listened to you ladies. I guess I wanted to try them on IRL first before committing cuz I hate dealing with the hassle of returning online purchases. On a bright note, Zappos has them in 4.5 in chocolate. What do you ladies think about that color? Zappos has sold out of the swamp color it seems.
Jan 14, 2011, 8:13pm   #55
Nhu Nhu
Thank you Needanotherbag!

Sneezz - It's so strange but it just seems like all of the stores only carry 1 pair in size 4.5. I bought mine from Endless and after checkout, size 4.5 was no longer available. For sizing reference, I'm a size 4.5 in the 50/50 so I think we're the same size.
Jan 14, 2011, 8:17pm   #56
sneezz
Gucci Whore
I decided to go ahead and get them cuz with Zappos I have nothing to lose. They're a darker color so idk if they'd go with a whole lot like the swamp ones. We shall see. They never had the swamp in 4.5 when it was in stock but I did put my email address down to be notified. Footnotes has them in 4.5 but I wanna see if and how they fit first before ordering a pair.

http://www.zappos.com/product/7718739/color/262712
Jan 14, 2011, 8:26pm   #57
Nhu Nhu
Sneezz - please post modeling pics when you get them!
Jan 14, 2011, 8:31pm   #58
sneezz
Gucci Whore
Will do! Yes we appear to be the same size. I got my 5050s in 4.5 also.
Jan 14, 2011, 8:47pm   #59
sneezz
Gucci Whore
Ah heck I went and ordered the swamp Alexlos from footnotesonline anyways!
Jan 14, 2011, 9:18pm   #60
Mia Bella
Originally Posted by Nhu Nhu
Koshi13 - wow what a deal!

Mia Bella - I think I'm on the same boat as you. Even though we didn't purchase the same shoe, I only "kinda" like my Alex.

What do you ladies think? Should I keep them? They're pretty comfortable. In regards to sizing, I size down 1/2 size. My usual size is 5, and I got these in a 4.5.

I love them!!! The swamp is such a great, versatile color. I think you should definitely keep them! I'm sure I would have loved the Alexlos if they had a little more of a heel. Honestly, I'd snag the Alex in a second if they were the same price as the Alexlo.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >