Home > >

Need your advice on Chanel flats

POST A REPLY

Jun 8, 2012, 3:53pm   #1
julemakeup
Hi ladies, I need your expertise on what to do when you no longer fit into your shoes.

I have a pair of Chanel flats that I bought before I was pregnant in a size 35. They were a little snugged, but fit fine. However, after pregnancy, I could no longer fit comfortably into them :(.

I thought about bringing them in to have it stretched out, but I am not sure if that will work since they are tight not just width wise, but length wise as well. I also thought about selling it, but I would want to know that it is going to a good home to someone if I do.

What should I do? What would you do?

Name:  image-3705315501.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  414.8 KB

Name:  image-3123733315.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  484.3 KB
Jun 11, 2012, 10:23am   #2
Brooke0502
Brooke0502
I would try to have them stretched! I love them! You could always sell them and get a bigger pair too!
Jun 15, 2012, 11:20pm   #3
bobojue
More More More!!!
I would sell them. You won't be able to wear them again. Feet won't shrink back to size afterwards.
I used to wear 8.5 US (fit perfectly), had 3 kids, grew half a size each time. Now a full size 10/40.
So I've been in ur position. And Chanel's fit true to size, so I wear a 40 in their flats.
Make some money back and put it towards a new pair!! GL!!
Jun 16, 2012, 11:50pm   #4
M
MrsBradley
Sell them. If you try to have them stretched, the cap toe stitching may give up (I did this to vintage cap toe Escada so they ended up in the trash). Also the patent leather does not take well being stretched. I am in the same position – getting rid of some truly great shoes that no longer fit after my pregnancies. Parting with my shoes actually hurts more than giving birth. But at least if you sell them you can finance your next purchase.
Jun 28, 2012, 7:53am   #5
julemakeup
Thank you ladies for your inputs :). I have decided to let them go. I love them, but realistically, I really can't fit into them anymore.
Jun 28, 2012, 8:50am   #6
CEC.LV4eva
Bal_RO_Céline
If you really love them, just bring them to a cobbler. So I would keep them.

You just need to get the edema out of your feet and legs...
It's not your bones that grew post partum.
Some lasix would do the job... Just go to any doctor...
If a low dose for a couple of days doesnt do the trick you need to get your heart, liver and kidneys checked for secondary causes. It's abnormal to go up by more than 1
Full size...

I know when I stand too long my legs and feet swell up and my shoe size gets half a size bigger. And post med school, my legs have significantly un-swelled cuz my days are pretty chill now since I don't stand 20 hours per day X 360 days a year. Nonetheless, my surgeon friends and I still wear pressure stockings whenever we anticipate a long day's work.
Last edited Jun 28, 2012 at 9:01am.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >