Home > >

Need advice- what color shoes to wear?

POST A REPLY

Mar 31, 2009, 1:30am   #1
Jesskaz
I have a cute dress I haven't worn because I can't figure out what color shoes and bag to wear with it. The dress is deep fuchsia eyelet with a navy underslip and ribbon belt. I have a little navy cropped cardi to wear on top.

I just can't decide what color to pair with it for shoes and a bag. I feel like I ought to match the shoes to the bag as well, or there might be too much going on, even though I'm not a shoe-bag-matcher normally.

I definitely don't want to do navy or fuchsia bag and shoes, so what other colors would go? Match or not match the shoes to the bag?

Thanks
Mar 31, 2009, 6:06am   #2
mooks
I'd go for fuchsia shoes and navy bag or vice versa
Mar 31, 2009, 6:29am   #3
poppyseed
I'd go for a gold/silver/bronze shade for both shoes and purse depending on what jewelery you'll be wearing if it's an ocassion or just tan (natural) leather if it's everyday wear...
Mar 31, 2009, 6:39am   #4
OlgaMUA
Style is Eternal
Originally Posted by poppyseed
I'd go for a gold/silver/bronze shade for both shoes and purse depending on what jewelery you'll be wearing if it's an ocassion or just tan (natural) leather if it's everyday wear...
ditto
Mar 31, 2009, 1:11pm   #5
ahertz
I vote for silver.
Mar 31, 2009, 3:34pm   #6
jordanjordan
I would suggest silver or a natural tan color, like almondish.
Mar 31, 2009, 4:27pm   #7
fieryfashionist
aka Minal :)
I would go with a metallic shoe, in silver, pewter, metallic grey (I'm thinking of shoes I own, so sorry if my descriptions are hard to picture), or alternatively a nude shoe like CL nude (pinky nude patent), camel (or something that matches your skin tone), etc. Really though, it depends on whether you want to dress the outfit up or down. As for a bag, well, it depends on which shoe you choose, but I'd wear something in dark silver, light silver, beige (with silver h/w probably), maybe white, etc.
Mar 31, 2009, 8:58pm   #8
Jesskaz
Thanks for all the suggestions!

I was kind of thinking beige/tan/nude but wasn't sure about a bag. I like the idea of gold- I do have a cute pair of gold sandals that might look nice. Maybe I could find a gold clutch to match.

I'm trying to pull this together because I'm taking my mom to a Mother's Day tea at the historic house I volunteer at. I want it to be dressy but not toooo dressy, kwim?
Apr 1, 2009, 10:31am   #9
bextasy
<3's TPF
silver or gold sounds good!
Apr 1, 2009, 2:31pm   #10
Jesskaz
so, do you think I need to match the shoes and the bag?
Apr 1, 2009, 3:34pm   #11
Marisa783
i would wear nude
Apr 1, 2009, 10:38pm   #12
D
DreamingBeauty
Personally I think navy would look the best with the navy accents on the dress. You could probably get away with a pewter bag.
Apr 2, 2009, 7:46am   #13
poppyseed
Originally Posted by Jesskaz
so, do you think I need to match the shoes and the bag?
I would match them, doesn't have to be perfect match, but would definitely not go for different colour bag and shoes if that makes sense...
Apr 2, 2009, 1:36pm   #14
Jesskaz
^^^ Yeah, I was thinking it would look weird with different color shoes and bag, even though I normally never match my shoes and bag... go figure
Apr 2, 2009, 1:39pm   #15
Jesskaz
Originally Posted by DreamingBeauty
Personally I think navy would look the best with the navy accents on the dress. You could probably get away with a pewter bag.

Actually, I think this is the only way I could get away with not matching the shoes and bag. Navy shoes would go with the dress and cardi, and a neutral metallic would be the 3rd color.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >