Home Shoes, Shoes, Shoes The Glass Slipper

Isabel Marant Boots thread!

POST A REPLY

Feb 16, 2012, 6:46pm   #1936
Name:  image-2445254147.png
Views: 10188
Size:  386.4 KB

Yay! My new Jenny Boots arrived today. They're taupe & fit true to size. There's no arch support or cushion so I think I might be able to add a very slim insert for some comfort. The color is fantastic. They're going to match everything easily.
Feb 16, 2012, 9:15pm   #1937
Yay! Congrats! Love love this color as well!!!

QUOTE=runningbird;21070959]Attachment 1604515

Yay! My new Jenny Boots arrived today. They're taupe & fit true to size. There's no arch support or cushion so I think I might be able to add a very slim insert for some comfort. The color is fantastic. They're going to match everything easily.[/QUOTE]
Feb 16, 2012, 10:00pm   #1938
loves pink!!!
Originally Posted by runningbird
Attachment 1604515

Yay! My new Jenny Boots arrived today. They're taupe & fit true to size. There's no arch support or cushion so I think I might be able to add a very slim insert for some comfort. The color is fantastic. They're going to match everything easily.
So gorgeous! Congrats!!!
Feb 17, 2012, 12:11am   #1939
t
Nice! Congrats on the Jennys!

Attachment 1604515

Feb 17, 2012, 5:53pm   #1940
c
Love those boots! More mod pics please!

Attachment 1604515

Feb 18, 2012, 5:24pm   #1941
Name:  image-787546291.png
Views: 1734
Size:  212.8 KB

Here's what I wore them with today. :-)
Feb 18, 2012, 5:52pm   #1942
l

Love the boots they are gorgeous on you.
Feb 18, 2012, 7:40pm   #1943
loves pink!!!

Love! Mine are at the cobbler getting soles put on them. So sad because I really want to wear them tonight!
Feb 19, 2012, 2:50pm   #1944
m
Hi everyone, I'm so relieved to find this thread as I have a conundrum - I bought the Dickers in both anthracite and camel as wanted to try them at home - camel looks a tiny bit too dark for me and was hoping (like many others) it was going to be more like the miel colour from 2011. Anthracite I love as it's the perfect off-black to go with greys etc. Should I keep the camel too? Does anyone have the camel and have they got darker with wear? I was hoping maybe when they're broken in a bit they'd be less yellowy, either darker or lighter but defo less yellow?!!

Or should I return them and wait for f/w 2012?

Would hugely appreciate views. I mainly want to wear them with skirts and light jeans etc (when the anthracites will be too dark). TIA!!
Feb 19, 2012, 3:01pm   #1945
Originally Posted by martinigal1
Hi everyone, I'm so relieved to find this thread as I have a conundrum - I bought the Dickers in both anthracite and camel as wanted to try them at home - camel looks a tiny bit too dark for me and was hoping (like many others) it was going to be more like the miel colour from 2011. Anthracite I love as it's the perfect off-black to go with greys etc. Should I keep the camel too? Does anyone have the camel and have they got darker with wear? I was hoping maybe when they're broken in a bit they'd be less yellowy, either darker or lighter but defo less yellow?!!

Or should I return them and wait for f/w 2012?

Would hugely appreciate views. I mainly want to wear them with skirts and light jeans etc (when the anthracites will be too dark). TIA!!
I have them both - antrazith and camel - and love them both!
When I first took the camel ones of the box I also found them a little yellow put now after some weeks of wear and use I love the colour which becomes more and more interesting with a little bit 'patina'!
Feb 20, 2012, 2:02am   #1946
woohoo!! my camel dickers from Matches arrived!!! i have been trying to find a pair of short boots for this winter for some time and never run into something i really like...

then i saw the IM and love love them but its just too expensive here (its AUD $800). so i was looking for a similar style, they still be around $200AUD mark and i never found anything i really like... so looking at IM on NAP again, but for some reason they don't take VAT off (330 pounds in London but 360 pounds overseas?!) so i decided to leave it.

so one night i was google searching again and saw Matches have them! plus a 15% off discount code!!

i jumped at it, came to about $380 AUD which is really a bargain. i really wanted the anthracite but also love the camel colour. since Matches only has the camel i went with it.

Very worried about sizing because i would hate it if they don't fit and they fit perfectly!

for those shoe are interested in sizing, I am normally a US9.5, FR 40.5 and IT 40.

I took the dickers in 40 and they fit perfectly, i can wear thin socks with them no problem, if i had gone for the 41 it would be way too big.

I also have quite wide feet, and the boots are instant comfort, no trying to squeeze my foot in or anything like that, they just went in, zip and they feel soooo soft!

if anyone is buying them i would really recommend buying your own size, if you are in between just take the size up rather than down, if i have taken the 39 it would be too short.

the camel does have a lot of yellow in it but i am not worrying about matching clothes with, i was wearing a black skirt and a blue top for work today and i think it went well with the skirt no probs.

i can see myself wearing these for the whole winter! oh dear. want another pair now.
Feb 20, 2012, 4:56am   #1947
m
Originally Posted by francelamour
I have them both - antrazith and camel - and love them both!
When I first took the camel ones of the box I also found them a little yellow put now after some weeks of wear and use I love the colour which becomes more and more interesting with a little bit 'patina'!
Thanks so much for the insight - you couldn't post a pic of how they look now could you if you get a second? Would love to see how they look once they're broken in! Or if anyone else has pics of their broken in camels would love to see them! I just can't imagine how they're going to look...hmmmm very tempted to keep them but just not sure if I should try and find the miel colour on eBay instead or something!
Feb 20, 2012, 8:40am   #1948
Name:  image-53924684.png
Views: 1926
Size:  132.1 KB

Sure!
I hope you can See what I mean - this pic is only with daylight!
Feb 20, 2012, 12:46pm   #1949
m
Originally Posted by francelamour
Attachment 1608559

Sure!
I hope you can See what I mean - this pic is only with daylight!
oh wow they look great, thanks so much - I think I'm now totally sold on keeping them! Will just have to break them in and I'm sure when we get into Spring I'll love the colour, thanks so much for posting the pic
Feb 20, 2012, 1:19pm   #1950
It is definitely a spring and summer colour but I also like to wear them with jeans and all shades of black an grey since I bought them in January :)!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shoes, Shoes, Shoes The Glass Slipper