Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

How wide is a wide foot?

POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Dec 19, 2008, 3:01am   #1
S
Thread Starter
Schnuggeli
Member
Mine is about 3.5''... Is that very wide?

How about yours, ladies?
Dec 19, 2008, 4:25am   #2
kaydoll's Avatar
kaydoll
42 shoe glamazon
I have no idea how wide my foot is in inches.... But I know I have a wide foot lol
Dec 19, 2008, 5:18am   #3
aeross's Avatar
aeross
Member
That's about normal isn't it
Dec 19, 2008, 9:10am   #4
madamelizaking's Avatar
madamelizaking
Loubouholic
a "Wide" Cl foot is a normal foot IMO!!!
Dec 19, 2008, 9:52am   #5
niccig's Avatar
niccig
Member
I think it sort of has more to do with the ratio of width to length. Not that I have a definite number for you, but it seems like 3.5" wide and 8" long would be considered more "wide" than 3.5" wide and 10" long, you know?
Dec 19, 2008, 10:55am   #6
les.nympheas's Avatar
les.nympheas
o_O?
I think niccig has it right...I'm a US 6.5 which measures to about 8.5'' but my foot is almost 4'' across it's widest point! I totally have Miss Piggy feet! =D
Dec 19, 2008, 11:05am   #7
lorihmatthews's Avatar
lorihmatthews
A taste for the arts
Mine are about 3.5" too, and I consider them to be wide. I always buy my New Balance shoes in wide.
Dec 19, 2008, 11:39am   #8
s
shaq91
Account Deactivated
Mine is about 3" wide and 9.5" long is that normal?
Dec 19, 2008, 11:41am   #9
laureenthemean's Avatar
laureenthemean
Member
I'm beginning to think I'm actually a size 8, not 8.5 as I previously thought, but my foot is wide, so I usually wear 8.5 in most shoes, but anywhere from 38-39 in CL.
Dec 19, 2008, 11:46am   #10
L
Lady Vee
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by shaq91
Mine is about 3" wide and 9.5" long is that normal?
Depends what your talking about as that sounds very impressive LOL Sorry couldn't resist! I worked this out when I was researching laponos and on some random chart I found online it said 3.5" for my shoe size is classed as wide. Well I am 3.5". However I seem to do very nicely in the shoes that suit narrow feet, I think it is all to do with the arch. I have high arches? So I spose Shaq's width is normal but who the hell has 2.5" feet to be the small?
Dec 19, 2008, 11:49am   #11
s
shaq91
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by Lady Vee
Depends what your talking about as that sounds very impressive LOL Sorry couldn't resist! I worked this out when I was researching laponos and on some random chart I found online it said 3.5" for my shoe size is classed as wide. Well I am 3.5". However I seem to do very nicely in the shoes that suit narrow feet, I think it is all to do with the arch. I have high arches? So I spose Shaq's width is normal but who the hell has 2.5" feet to be the small?
LOL i'm talking about feet haha! yea i think its normal too i dont think anybody have 2.5" feet except maybe babies lmao. so yay i'm glad i'm a guy with a high arch and normal width foot!
Dec 19, 2008, 11:59am   #12
L
Lady Vee
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by shaq91
LOL i'm talking about feet haha! yea i think its normal too i dont think anybody have 2.5" feet except maybe babies lmao. so yay i'm glad i'm a guy with a high arch and normal width foot!
Pretty much means you can wear anything? I still have to use the try on first and see technique as I have tiny hooves for feet with a ridiculously high arch but supposedly "wide" - though they don't look it. Maybe I should've been a ballerina
Dec 19, 2008, 12:02pm   #13
niccig's Avatar
niccig
Member
I've always considered myself to have wide feet, but I'm starting to think I'm probably wrong. They're only about 3.25" across (in a TTS 7.5). I've been thinking that they're wide since I always have heel slippage (which made me think that my shoes were too long, and that I was therefore sizing up for width), but really I think I just have narrow heels and an otherwise normal foot. That said, I almost always go up to a 38 in CL.
Dec 19, 2008, 3:48pm   #14
S
Thread Starter
Schnuggeli
Member
Originally Posted by niccig
I've always considered myself to have wide feet, but I'm starting to think I'm probably wrong. They're only about 3.25" across (in a TTS 7.5). I've been thinking that they're wide since I always have heel slippage (which made me think that my shoes were too long, and that I was therefore sizing up for width), but really I think I just have narrow heels and an otherwise normal foot. That said, I almost always go up to a 38 in CL.
I totally agree with you! Don't you hate the long shoe look? That's the reason why I DO NOT want to size up unless there's no other way... STRETCH your shoes for the way!
Dec 19, 2008, 3:59pm   #15
laureenthemean's Avatar
laureenthemean
Member
My feet are about 9.5" long, 3.75" wide at the widest part. I think that is pretty wide?
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >  
TOP

Thread Tools