Home Shoes, Shoes, Shoes The Glass Slipper

Hole in my Uggs after a few short months

POST A REPLY

Dec 29, 2007, 7:38am   #1
parigote
I bought a pair of Uggs a few months ago from Zappos and after wearing them a few months one boot has a hole in the toe. I really want my money back or a new pair of boots. I'm not sure if I should try to get a refund from Zappos. Also, I noticed in general the quality doesn't appear to be as good on the new boots as the old. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

I have another older pair of Uggs that I've had for years and they are still in great shape. I only replaced the original pair because the light color got so dirty not because there was anything wrong with the boots. Now I switched back to wearing the old pair because the new pair has a big old hole!

Should I complain and try for a refund or should I just suck it up? Uggs are so comfy and I don't want to have to find another style of cold weather boot. I think boots should be good for at least a season if not more. At the same time I don't want to be a difficult customer.

eta: I know compared to many other shoes $100 is not a lot but it still kind of chaps my hide that these boots didn't even last the season. And $100 is still a lot of money!
Last edited Dec 29, 2007 at 7:46am.
Dec 29, 2007, 7:47am   #2
Zappos has great CS, so I would contact them and say they were defective, that's not normal to get a hole after just a few months.
Dec 29, 2007, 12:25pm   #3
m
did you get the classic uggs? because suede should not do that since its pretty durable. did you get the crochet?
Dec 29, 2007, 12:28pm   #4
head in the sky
I'm sure it's defective. I have 2 pairs of the new Uggs and 1 old pair from way back. All are still in good condition even with the snowstorms here in Canada.
Dec 29, 2007, 4:06pm   #5
Originally Posted by spylove22
Zappos has great CS, so I would contact them and say they were defective, that's not normal to get a hole after just a few months.
Yes, contact Zappos regarding the defective Uggs. Also, try contacting Uggs directly via their own website regarding defective shoes.
Dec 30, 2007, 10:28am   #6
Totally contact them. Their CS is great there.
Dec 30, 2007, 10:45am   #7
Vintage CLs please
I got a hole in my classic short after a couple of years not months of wearing them. They have since been replaced by me.
Dec 30, 2007, 2:37pm   #8
Q
You should definitely contact Zappo's. I believe they will replace them or refund your money. I agree they have excellent customer service.
Dec 31, 2007, 7:39am   #9
Shoppertunistic ღ
I would ask for a refund/exchange. I've had my UGGs for 2 years now, and not a hole. There aren't any signs of wear at all, actually... and I trek through rain and snow in them!
Jan 2, 2008, 4:54pm   #10
parigote
I tried to respond to this thread earlier but my internet has been spotty.
I'm going to follow the advice I got here and try to get an exchange or refund on these boots. I'm certain they were defective. Thanks for the opinions!
Mar 18, 2008, 2:10pm   #11
L
Just wondering whether you managed to get a refund/ exchange on the Uggs? Its just that I have a pair that seem to be of lower quality than my two previous pairs, the sheepskin is not half as thick and when I curl my toes up in them they really show. They didn't do that in my previous pairs. The boot just feels flimsy and I'm worried that I'm going to get a hole in them soon. I've only worn them three times and they seem to have given quite a lot, when I pinch them between my thumbs they feel thin. I've just spent 140 so I want them to be perfect. However I was unsure if Ugg would deem this as defective. I just don't want to wear them for about a month and then have them wear out on me!
Mar 18, 2008, 2:30pm   #12
You would need to contact the store where you bought them not Ugg
Mar 18, 2008, 5:42pm   #13
L
I've contacted the store and they said they'll send them on to Ugg to have them evaluated, however I was wondering whether or not it is worth the hassle!
Mar 18, 2008, 6:35pm   #14
Absolutely! You paid alot of money for them
Mar 19, 2008, 2:50pm   #15
Scrappy bioch
Yeah I agree with everyone, Zappos CS is great I am sure they will work somehting out for you. Good luck la miss and keep us posted.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Shoes, Shoes, Shoes The Glass Slipper