Home > >

Chic ways to wear Birkenstocks

POST A REPLY

Apr 25, 2006, 9:03pm   #1
nativenydesigns
After my first back surgery in 2003 I had to part with all my heels which really broke my heart . I had Manolos, Jimmy Choos, Christian Laboutin, Chanel, and a lot of Chinese Laundry and Steve Maddens. The only pair I kept are my wedding shoes for the obvious reasons. My doctors and physical therapists all said the same thing-buy Birkenstocks Well, it took awhile but you know what-these are the most confortable things I ever wore and I totally love them! I have over 40 pairs and counting-and at less than $150 a pair that leaves a lot more in the budget for purses. Anyone else love Birks?
Apr 26, 2006, 12:34am   #2
Cal
Bum Chum
I love them! I wear them all the time in Summer and have been guilty of wearing them with socks in winter.
Apr 26, 2006, 7:19am   #3
Michele
I only have two pairs, but they are wonderful
Apr 26, 2006, 11:04am   #4
d
divina_lucilla
i'm not a fan of birks but i know they are very confortable and good for the feet. i'd wear them only if i had too, honestly.
Apr 26, 2006, 7:13pm   #5
Accessory Obsessory
VENI VIDI VISA
I have a purple pair with a triple band that if I could replace I would, but I've never seen them again...

Cal: Birks with socks? Arrrgh! You either have to be shot or banished to the earth sciences forum to hang out with the other geologists and geographers!
Apr 26, 2006, 11:43pm   #6
Cal
Bum Chum
Tragic eh? Even worse they were explorer socks (it was winter!).
Apr 26, 2006, 11:54pm   #7
nativenydesigns
Originally Posted by AccessoryObsessory
I have a purple pair with a triple band that if I could replace I would, but I've never seen them again...

Cal: Birks with socks? Arrrgh! You either have to be shot or banished to the earth sciences forum to hang out with the other geologists and geographers!
Try QVC thats where I got my purple ones

When I lived in Wisconsin I added socks in October, my gold lurex socks looked cool with my black Birks & my black Chloe Paddington
Apr 27, 2006, 5:36am   #8
D
Deborahsue
I used to wear Birks -- had many pairs. But I have to say: Mephisto is much better! The Mephisto Heidi -- my latest pair_ look a lot like the Arizona, with two straps. The Mephisto Helen is a great thong. They look a lot like Birks but are padded underfoot. A little bit more expensive than Birks, but not much.
Apr 27, 2006, 6:21am   #9
Sunshine
I agree, Mehpistos are really comfy. I wore Birks in college. I still have 2 pair but I have not worn them for years! The one pair has been all opver the owrld with my when I traveled for a few months...I can not get rid of them!!! (to many memories!!!) silly...
Apr 27, 2006, 6:22am   #10
Shopaholic_Tasha
HAHA! I wear mine all the time too...and yes that means in the winter with socks the odd time lol! LOVE THEM!
Apr 27, 2006, 7:16am   #11
mlertpac
I love my birks. I want to get these for the summer:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1586601/c/9876.html

They're silver!
nativeny- if you're looking for more cute and comfortable shoes- I suggest looking at camper (www.camper.es). Their shoes are incredibly comfy and the designs are pretty darn whimsical. Dansko clogs are not too shabby either (the backless sort).
Apr 28, 2006, 12:08am   #12
p
purplepurses
Je m'applle Kate!
I don't have any, but I really want a pair of these:
http://www.birkenstockusa.com/shared...ge/0140741.JPG
or in pink or purple
Apr 28, 2006, 12:12am   #13
nativenydesigns
[quote=mlertpac]I love my birks. I want to get these for the summer:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1586601/c/9876.html

They're silver!
nativeny- if you're looking for more cute and comfortable shoes- I suggest looking at camper (www.camper.es). Their shoes are incredibly comfy and the designs are pretty darn whimsical. Dansko clogs are not too shabby either (the backless sort).[/quote

I have those silver Birks! I will check that website too-thanks!
Apr 28, 2006, 12:17am   #14
nativenydesigns
Originally Posted by purplepurses
I don't have any, but I really want a pair of these:
http://www.birkenstockusa.com/shared...ge/0140741.JPG
or in pink or purple
I also have those in turquoise and in black with a Swarosvki crystal buckle
Apr 28, 2006, 1:04am   #15
Rummy
Yeah, the Madrid's seem to be pretty popular. I have a pair in silver, but they aren't the Narrow width- they are too wide for my feet. Unfortunately Birks don't fit me well- I am between a 38 and 39. If they made 1/2 sizes, I would probably own 100 pairs!
I like the Kors immitations- so much more comfy for my feet!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >