POST A REPLY

Apr 25, 2006, 10:03pm   #1
nativenydesigns
After my first back surgery in 2003 I had to part with all my heels which really broke my heart . I had Manolos, Jimmy Choos, Christian Laboutin, Chanel, and a lot of Chinese Laundry and Steve Maddens. The only pair I kept are my wedding shoes for the obvious reasons. My doctors and physical therapists all said the same thing-buy Birkenstocks Well, it took awhile but you know what-these are the most confortable things I ever wore and I totally love them! I have over 40 pairs and counting-and at less than $150 a pair that leaves a lot more in the budget for purses. Anyone else love Birks?
Apr 26, 2006, 1:34am   #2
Cal
Bum Chum
I love them! I wear them all the time in Summer and have been guilty of wearing them with socks in winter.
Apr 26, 2006, 8:19am   #3
Michele
I only have two pairs, but they are wonderful
Apr 26, 2006, 12:04pm   #4
d
divina_lucilla
i'm not a fan of birks but i know they are very confortable and good for the feet. i'd wear them only if i had too, honestly.
Apr 26, 2006, 8:13pm   #5
Accessory Obsessory
VENI VIDI VISA
I have a purple pair with a triple band that if I could replace I would, but I've never seen them again...

Cal: Birks with socks? Arrrgh! You either have to be shot or banished to the earth sciences forum to hang out with the other geologists and geographers!
Apr 27, 2006, 12:43am   #6
Cal
Bum Chum
Tragic eh? Even worse they were explorer socks (it was winter!).
Apr 27, 2006, 12:54am   #7
nativenydesigns
Originally Posted by AccessoryObsessory
I have a purple pair with a triple band that if I could replace I would, but I've never seen them again...

Cal: Birks with socks? Arrrgh! You either have to be shot or banished to the earth sciences forum to hang out with the other geologists and geographers!
Try QVC thats where I got my purple ones

When I lived in Wisconsin I added socks in October, my gold lurex socks looked cool with my black Birks & my black Chloe Paddington
Apr 27, 2006, 6:36am   #8
D
Deborahsue
I used to wear Birks -- had many pairs. But I have to say: Mephisto is much better! The Mephisto Heidi -- my latest pair_ look a lot like the Arizona, with two straps. The Mephisto Helen is a great thong. They look a lot like Birks but are padded underfoot. A little bit more expensive than Birks, but not much.
Apr 27, 2006, 7:21am   #9
Sunshine
Chic ways to wear Birkenstocks
I agree, Mehpistos are really comfy. I wore Birks in college. I still have 2 pair but I have not worn them for years! The one pair has been all opver the owrld with my when I traveled for a few months...I can not get rid of them!!! (to many memories!!!) silly...
Apr 27, 2006, 7:22am   #10
Shopaholic_Tasha
HAHA! I wear mine all the time too...and yes that means in the winter with socks the odd time lol! LOVE THEM!
Apr 27, 2006, 8:16am   #11
mlertpac
I love my birks. I want to get these for the summer:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1586601/c/9876.html

They're silver!
nativeny- if you're looking for more cute and comfortable shoes- I suggest looking at camper (www.camper.es). Their shoes are incredibly comfy and the designs are pretty darn whimsical. Dansko clogs are not too shabby either (the backless sort).
Apr 28, 2006, 1:08am   #12
p
purplepurses
Je m'applle Kate!
I don't have any, but I really want a pair of these:
http://www.birkenstockusa.com/shared...ge/0140741.JPG
or in pink or purple
Apr 28, 2006, 1:12am   #13
nativenydesigns
[quote=mlertpac]I love my birks. I want to get these for the summer:
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1586601/c/9876.html

They're silver!
nativeny- if you're looking for more cute and comfortable shoes- I suggest looking at camper (www.camper.es). Their shoes are incredibly comfy and the designs are pretty darn whimsical. Dansko clogs are not too shabby either (the backless sort).[/quote

I have those silver Birks! I will check that website too-thanks!
Apr 28, 2006, 1:17am   #14
nativenydesigns
Originally Posted by purplepurses
I don't have any, but I really want a pair of these:
http://www.birkenstockusa.com/shared...ge/0140741.JPG
or in pink or purple
I also have those in turquoise and in black with a Swarosvki crystal buckle
Apr 28, 2006, 2:04am   #15
Rummy
Yeah, the Madrid's seem to be pretty popular. I have a pair in silver, but they aren't the Narrow width- they are too wide for my feet. Unfortunately Birks don't fit me well- I am between a 38 and 39. If they made 1/2 sizes, I would probably own 100 pairs!
I like the Kors immitations- so much more comfy for my feet!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >