POST A REPLY

Jan 10, 2010, 1:16pm   #1
nad_xo
How much in GBP?
Is there a wide selection in the Selfridges london?
Worth the investment?
Jan 10, 2010, 3:35pm   #2
nad_xo
Also, is there a price increase on the shoes?! how much!?
Jan 10, 2010, 4:37pm   #3
pasdedeux
When I looked at new Chanel flats at Neiman Marcus last week, they were $575 for the plain black classic ballerina. That would be 358 pounds, but someone else may be able to report the actual UK pricing.
Jan 10, 2010, 10:17pm   #4
flashy.stems
Hermès Hottie
you can find more info in the chanel subforum as well.. thats where i got info to buy myself a pair of these lol
Apr 11, 2012, 1:02am   #5
km8282
Gross.

I recently bought a pair of classic black leather Chanel Flats (the type w the elastic on the heel). I
Love them, they are comfortable - but
They make my toes look black and dirty and it gets stuck under my toenails and kind of ruins my light gel pedicure! It's really difficult to get out and at the moment with much scrubbing, there is still some visible black. Def not good sandal weather toes.

I want to wear socks with them around the house to catch some of the d ye, but I'm scared I'll stretch them out. Does Anyone have any advice? Should I wipe down the toe area Of the shoes? If so - any reccomendations on what to use?
Apr 11, 2012, 8:16am   #6
GoGlam
I have the same problem! In fact, I have this problem with Chanel flats from seasons ago... in short, dye is still coming off of the black flats! Everyone raves about Chanel flats, and I love how all of mine look. But, I am totally embarrassed to take my shoes off after wearing them with bare feet. No matter what, my heel and toes always have some black on them.. and I'm a very clean person otherwise!
Apr 11, 2012, 8:24am   #7
ByeKitty
Literally amazing!
Wouldn't this go away with wear? I have some black leather sandals that did the same thing for the first 5 times of wear, and it then went away...
I would expect for that price that your toes would remain a regular shade though...
Apr 11, 2012, 8:37am   #8
GoGlam
I typically don't complain to anyone about it, because the logical thing to ask would be: why do I still buy them if this keeps happening (and seems to be a sign of quality)? I love the way they look.. but this is a serious issue that does bug me every day I wear black Chanel flats.
Apr 11, 2012, 8:47am   #9
km8282
I am so happy other people have has this problem! I have been embarassed to mention it to anyone, bc of how expensive they are. It makes me feel unhygienic. You would think it would go away, but I've worn them enough to break them in and for hours at a time and still no improvement. I think I'm going to go to a shoe store that has those peds (thin panty hose like things that coverage bottoms of the feet) and see of that helps. The fit is so perfect, I just don't want to stretch them out!
Apr 11, 2012, 9:47am   #10
CEC.LV4eva
Bal_RO_Céline
I think that's sign of BAD quality...

I would not wear the shoes anymore with bare feet. You can try with some socks, I do not believe this will stretch out the leather and even so, it's meant to be broken in. Unless of course it becomes so loose... then that's another sign of BAD quality. The socks may help, but I doubt it will be able to absorb all the excess dye.

None of my designer shoes do this, not even most of my made in China/India/Brazil shoes. From all of my shoe history, I only recall one pair of Sam Edelman's sandals that seeped black dye all over the place. So if it's happening to a pair of Chanel flats, then that's very unfortunate.
Apr 11, 2012, 10:34am   #11
jessdressed
You can buy those Ped socks to wear with your flats. They are low cut so they're not suppose to show.
Apr 11, 2012, 12:50pm   #13
GoGlam
Thank you for the PED sock suggestion :) ITA it's a sign of bad quality. I still love how they look, but paying for the shoes and talking about their lack of quality in that respect has been hard to get over.
Apr 11, 2012, 12:54pm   #14
km8282
Everything Chanel lately has been poorly made. Their quality has gone down the tubes, and their prices throughthe roof.

But, I keep buying. Because I'm a label/Chanel wh**e! The only other shoe I own that does this to my toes, are my cheap, $45 Toms!
Apr 11, 2012, 12:55pm   #15
km8282
Originally Posted by CEC.LV4eva
I think that's sign of BAD quality...

I would not wear the shoes anymore with bare feet. You can try with some socks, I do not believe this will stretch out the leather and even so, it's meant to be broken in. Unless of course it becomes so loose... then that's another sign of BAD quality. The socks may help, but I doubt it will be able to absorb all the excess dye.

None of my designer shoes do this, not even most of my made in China/India/Brazil shoes. From all of my shoe history, I only recall one pair of Sam Edelman's sandals that seeped black dye all over the place. So if it's happening to a pair of Chanel flats, then that's very unfortunate.
CEC.LV4eva, a bit OT - but those CL's in your signature are TDF!!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >