Home > >

Who has FINE or THIN hair? Come in here!!

POST A REPLY

Feb 14, 2008, 6:05pm   #61
elizabethk
Workin' on my tan!
I use Maybelline clear mascara and instead of putting it on my lashes, I use it on my baby hairs so they don't looks so flyaway. It works wonderfully.

Originally Posted by SpoilMeRotten
LOL OMG I have those too!! I HATE them! They are so annoying. D*MN "baby hairs" they don't ever, ever grow! They are right at my hairline by my temples. The only way to hide them is to part my hair straight down the middle, which i hate, so i just do a side part anyway! I will not let those stupid hairs ruin my hairstyle! Most of the time they do not bother me and just blend with the rest of my hair because it is straight- BUT if it is hot and humid they curl up and look like evil little devil horns popping up! WTF! Ha ha I really don't care about them for the most part except for when they do that! Then I am irritated!
Feb 14, 2008, 8:23pm   #62
k
kat8kit
Account Deactivated
fly aways: put in garnier XXL volume thickning moose ( its like a super light hair spray) when your hair is wet and then blow dry it out....

i dont know- i A) grew my hair from 1" below the ear to 1" below the sholder and B) dyed it
and one of the two of those things make it at least 3X thicker.
Feb 14, 2008, 8:28pm   #63
K
KristyDarling
I have thin, fine, slightly wavy hair. Wearing it just below shoulder-length and highlighted gives it a lot more body so it hardly looks thin/fine at all!
Feb 14, 2008, 11:06pm   #64
mcb100
I wish I had fine hair so so badly. I have very thick hair and it's curly. If I ever want to straighten it, it takes a good hour. lol
Feb 15, 2008, 1:35am   #65
pixiefrog
Not easy being green
I also have fine/thin hair. When I was young not problems but when I was 20 I was losing my hair, weight gain, menstrual problems etc etc. At that time( I am almost 40 now) I was diagnosed with PCOS- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOD as some call it. I have tried sooooo many products and spent lots of $ trying different things but I can tell you that Nioxin has helped me for years. It is true that your don't realise it till you stop using it. The only time my hair got even thicker was when I was pregnant but when my son turned 3 months old, it fell out At first I felt like a Chia-pet since I saw little sprouts of hair all over. They now make it in various formulas color treated hair etc which is what I use since I get highlights to help with volume I also use the Scalp Therapy which makes you kind of feel like you just brushed your teeth on your head LOL it's quite minty.
I know my hair will never be super thick but I am happy that Nioxin has helped.
Feb 16, 2008, 1:07pm   #66
bellapsyd
<3
i've used Nioxin but wasn't impressed. Maybe I didn't give it much of a chance?
Feb 16, 2008, 1:14pm   #67
DiorKiss
Originally Posted by SpoilMeRotten
Good thread idea! I have fine/thin hair and it is a pain in the rear! Total BS! It's heredity and I'm also always anemic which causes more than normal hair shedding. It's annoying as heck and I am way too vain to let my hair look bad so I end up spending a fortune on it to make it look good so no one believes me when I tell them I have thin hair, but I do! It breaks very easily if I go too crazy dying it, heat styling, etc. I use volumizing shampoos and conditioners (switch brands a lot) and I'm loyal to Redken Anti-Snap leave in treatment (it is weightless and helps soo much with the breakage issue). I also use a "light" John Frieda hair serum for shine, it doesn't make my hair look stringy or greasy so it's really good. I think the best route for making thin hair look better is getting highlights (adds color dimension and roughens up the hair cuticle) and hair extensions, which are basically miraculous when done well. I've tried hair vitamins, prenatal vitamins and iron supplements along with vitamin B injections from the Dr. and none made any big difference for me!
Yes! The Redken Anti-Snap treatment! I don't have thin hair, but I love that stuff. Also really helps with frizzy hair!
Feb 16, 2008, 6:36pm   #68
Melissa71
Mine is fine and thin, it grows slowly, too. I used to have such a hard time finding a stylist who wouldn't chop off two inches as soon as I sat in the chair. The stylist I have now is fantastic! She has the same type of hair, and does such a great job. I just bought a GHD straightener, too, and I'll say that it's definitely worth it's weight in gold. My hair has never looked this good. Where was GHD when I was in high school!?!
Feb 18, 2008, 12:34am   #69
L
LiLyBoO
my hair is really thick and fine but my hair is the same way! I can not get my curls to stay or anything! I was always jealous of people with curly hair!
Feb 18, 2008, 9:56pm   #70
azia
okay, for you thin hair girls....i'm thinking of getting a hair straightener/curler but i can't decide which. i'd love the ghd but don't know if it would be worth spending that extra hundred or so on (in Canada, it's $280!) it. i've heard that it's more gentle with hair (which is a big concern with fine/thin hair!) but is the T3 Bespoke Labs one or the regular CHI ones just as gentle?

do any of you fine/thin haired girls curl or straighten your hair on a fairly regular basis? how do you protect it?
Feb 18, 2008, 11:54pm   #71
meeowy
I have thin hair, but I am lucky to have a lot of hair. However, my hair doesn't hold any styling. It is kind of boring.
Feb 19, 2008, 4:59am   #72
nmlondon
Just noticed posts about the dry shampoo - for those of you who live in the UK try Lee Stafford Dry Shampoo for Oily Roots (available in the bigger Boots). Much better than B&B! It cost £6.99.
Feb 19, 2008, 7:13am   #73
legaldiva
I use Halo Volumizing shampoo and conditioner, then Big 'n' Sexy humidity defying (or something like that) volumizing mousse. I've tried EVERYTHING!!!!

It's a struggle ...
Feb 19, 2008, 3:24pm   #74
Miss Sooky
Ah, a thread that so sums up my hair problems. I have always had fine hair but since I was diagnosed with a neurological condition (MS) and had to take a bunch of steroids and other nasties, it is just horrible. I have gone through so many 'miracle cures', treatments and supplements ranging from flax seed oil to biolustre and via every volumising product on the market. I have used highlights, clever layers, up-dos and sharp styles to try and disguise the problem, but then before Christmas discovered a system by Lucinda Ellery in the UK that is miracle worker for me. It doesn't feel great up close and is scarily expensive, but from a distance, I am transformed! I love having (the appearance of) thick, shiny hair that effortlessly falls to my shoulders. Of course, I know it is really thin, wispy and just below my chin without help, but no one else apart from those closest to me believes I have anything other than the golden halo Lucinda E's system has offered me. Reading this thread actually made me tearful and reminded me why I am so pleased to have found something that works for me. Hair is such a big deal and we never really realise that until it goes wrong I've learned. . .
Feb 19, 2008, 3:29pm   #75
f
feezilla
I have fine thin hair too. I'm sick of my hair right now. I can do noting much about it. I have to pull up my hair all the time even you can see my scalp.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >