Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

~*The Beauty Bar Girls Chat*~

POST A REPLY

Oct 19, 2010, 3:28pm   #706
noon
*Sun in my eyes*
I have an odd kind of question..I haven't been to the USA in years but my brother is going at the end of the month and I was wondering what are some must have makeup/beauty items that I should ask him to get that are things I can't get abroad. I was thinking of getting the Covergirl mascara as you can't get that overseas. Any other ideas ladies?
Oct 19, 2010, 4:49pm   #707
mcb100
^I'd help, but I've lived in the USA all my life so I don't know what beauty items that you guys can't get over there.
What makeup brands do you guys have and not have?
Oct 19, 2010, 5:21pm   #708
noon
*Sun in my eyes*
Well Covergirl for one. lol I am also going to ask him to get me some things from Fresh. There is only one store in the UK, I have never come across it anywhere else and it's a lot more expensive.
Nov 1, 2010, 3:06am   #709
nekonat
Originally Posted by noon
Well Covergirl for one. lol I am also going to ask him to get me some things from Fresh. There is only one store in the UK, I have never come across it anywhere else and it's a lot more expensive.
If your brother has a student card and checks out the store C.O. Bigelow, he can get Fresh stuff at least 10% off!! (Students get a discount there!)
Nov 2, 2010, 3:19pm   #710
noon
*Sun in my eyes*
^ Thanks, but he isn't a student. Does anyone have any Bath and Body works favs?
Nov 3, 2010, 5:34pm   #711
devoted7
whoaaa, just notice the BB has it's on subform thinggy now!
Nov 3, 2010, 9:48pm   #712
katran26
Bargain Hunter!
I love Fresh! I definitely recommend the Lip Sugar treatment in Plum, also, their fragrances are very fun and unique.
Jan 21, 2011, 10:15am   #713
x
x_x
Does anyone know any good facial mist that I could use during my flights? My face gets sooo dry in the airplane T_T
Jan 22, 2011, 4:58am   #714
bagladyseattle
Hi all, I don't if this is a right place to ask, please let me know or direct me to appropriate thread.

I have been skincare type of gal and I don't have much of eyeshadows and blushes collection. I received a eye powder eyeshadow, and I tried 2x this week getting ready for work and everytime I spilled all over the counter and dropped on the floor. I am very clumsy. It was a mess and I got frustrated. For eye color shadow, how do you ladies handling it and what is the process of applying to minimize spilling or dropping? Please advise.
Jan 31, 2011, 1:41pm   #715
bunnymasseuse
BunniesN'DaSun
I bought my BH some Molton Brown shavewax (I believe it was a discounted find at TJmaxx/Marshalls last fall) but now he's almost out of it and I'm struggling to find more to replenish his stash.

I see I can look online at MB's website, but the scent he's using isn't on there (ultracalm lemonleaf) and I haven't really found it elsewhere. There isn't a MB store in my area, anyone know where you can buy these products in a reg. department store?
Jan 31, 2011, 3:11pm   #716
ShkBass
Just another member
Hey noon, when is he going? because in about a month, I'll be able to tell you exactly what products aren't available in england since I'm moving there from the US.
Feb 5, 2011, 10:55am   #717
LH405
Banned and Bad!
Originally Posted by bagladyseattle
Hi all, I don't if this is a right place to ask, please let me know or direct me to appropriate thread.

I have been skincare type of gal and I don't have much of eyeshadows and blushes collection. I received a eye powder eyeshadow, and I tried 2x this week getting ready for work and everytime I spilled all over the counter and dropped on the floor. I am very clumsy. It was a mess and I got frustrated. For eye color shadow, how do you ladies handling it and what is the process of applying to minimize spilling or dropping? Please advise.
You can re-pot it into something more stable and make sure you set it somewhere where it won't get bumped over on your vanity or countertop when you apply. I tend to use my palettes more than loose pigment powders just because I think they are a tad bit easier to handle.
Feb 5, 2011, 6:25pm   #718
ShkBass
Just another member
Originally Posted by krazydaisy
Howdy everyone, does anyone chat in here? I see that I was the last person to leave a message here and that was over a month ago. I would like to know if anyone knows a good skincare product for scars on the face.
Hey krazydaisy, I'm using Dior - Diorsnow Sublissime Whitening Spot Corrector
and i noticed a slight lightening on my scars. It's pricey, but a little goes a long way.
Feb 5, 2011, 6:28pm   #719
ShkBass
Just another member
Originally Posted by it'sanaddiction
has anyone ordered from this site? They have a lot of MAC older collections.

http://www.allcosmeticswholesale.com/index.html
I have.
I ordered a mac brush, they sent me a sigma brush, and when I asked them to pay for the return shipping since they messed up, they said no and after fighting for a week, they agreed to refund my shipping once they got my item.
Well I sent the sigma brush, they claimed they never got it, even though I had the delivery confirmation that said delivered.
So after another week of fighting, they "found" the brush and refunded my money AND only gave me $1 towards return shipping.

So yeah ummm....never ordering from them again.
Feb 5, 2011, 6:30pm   #720
ShkBass
Just another member
Originally Posted by shakti29
Hi girls! I miss my Beauty Bar buddies! How is everyone doing?

I haven't bought much lately, but I have a 20% off at Ulta coupon and just got a 15% off at Sephora coupon...might make me have to go shopping!

Hello
long time no see, glad you're back.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >