Home Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar

Shaving with personal lubricant?

POST A REPLY

May 1, 2007, 1:22pm   #1
Nasty Bish
I was watching something on celebrity beauty secrets, and they hinted at the benefits of shaving your legs with specifically KY warming liquid.

How, exactly, does it benefit your skin? I can't for the life of me, find anything about it.
May 1, 2007, 2:09pm   #2
Addicted to Tiffany's
Hmmm maybe it allows the blades to get closer to the skin and get a better shave? The warming element could soften the hair follicle??

LOL Other than that I have no idea! :)
May 1, 2007, 6:54pm   #3
Prima Donna Assoluta
LOL! I'd never thought of that before! But why? I mean, I'm sure there's a reason why it's a personal lubricant and not a shaving cream. Wouldn't hurt to try it though. Tell us how it goes!
May 1, 2007, 7:25pm   #4
L
Originally Posted by Couturegrl
Hmmm maybe it allows the blades to get closer to the skin and get a better shave? The warming element could soften the hair follicle??

LOL Other than that I have no idea! :)

yes, I think the warming softens the hair follicle. that is why they always suggest waiting a couple of minutes before shaving. For the closest shave, the follices need to warm and soften.
May 1, 2007, 8:00pm   #5
P
Account Deactivated
That is a good idea and I would never have thought of that. Please let us know how it worked out.
May 1, 2007, 8:28pm   #6
You get the same effect by either shaving during or after your shower or buying a Conair hot lather machine. For those who don't know, the Conair hot lather machine is a device that you stick your can of shaving cream into and plug in. It warms up your shaving cream and dispenses it nice and hot.

I think shaving with KY Warming Lube would get a bit expensive over time.
May 1, 2007, 8:28pm   #7
H
Account Deactivated
LOL Canada has very interesting tv.
May 1, 2007, 9:47pm   #8
Nasty Bish
I haven't tried it yet. (Too expensive for me right now) but when I do, I'll give a report.

Of course, if anyone else has any around for *ahem* personal use and would like to try it first, please feel free!
Last edited May 1, 2007 at 9:50pm.
May 2, 2007, 5:09am   #9
i am a fan of alternative uses for products but this one has me a little bit perplexed. hair conditioner is good for shaving your legs if your in a rush though becaue you dont need to moisturise after.
May 2, 2007, 12:54pm   #10
✯ mathemagician ✯
Originally Posted by cherry pie
i am a fan of alternative uses for products but this one has me a little bit perplexed. hair conditioner is good for shaving your legs if your in a rush though becaue you dont need to moisturise after.
Oooh, great idea, cherry pie! I'll give that a try when I run out of shaving mousse. Somehow I always forget to buy a new can when I run out
May 2, 2007, 4:31pm   #11
needs something new
I use lotions that I get bored of wearing. I always have lotion left over once I'm done w/ the body spray.
May 4, 2007, 7:34am   #12
Love LV
I also find that hair conditioner works best for shaving legs! Don't know if I'll break out the KY for shaving LOL .
May 5, 2007, 3:15pm   #13
m
I started shaving with a gentle scrub. My favorite is salt and olive oil. Gently scrub your legs a little then shave it off. Your legs will never be smoother and my shaving irritation is gone. I used to get little ingrown hairs. Try it, you wont be disapointed!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar