Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Replacing Cacharel Gloria perfume

POST A REPLY

Mar 9, 2009, 1:07am   #1
m
meganfm
Hello everyone!

I've been using Cacharel's Gloria perfume for quite awhile now (I rarely wear perfume, so it has lasted me a LONG time) and I absolutely love the scent.

Unfortunately, I recently found out that it has actually been discontinued. I can't really describe the scent-but I'm wondering if there's anyone here who knows of this perfume (or has used it) and if they know anything that smells very similar to it? I've tried hard to find something (other than just bringing it in and saying "replace this") but no luck!

Here's a photo of the bottle if anyone is wondering:

http://img114.imageshack.us/img114/3458/gloriavc2.jpg
May 15, 2009, 1:08pm   #2
L
Lulu143
Like you, I love Cacherel's Gloria and was disappointed to find out it had been discontinued. Last year, I managed to get my hands on a box set of the perfume, body mist and cream from a website called Strawberrynet.com. It may be worth a try.
If you are looking for a similar smell, try Yves Saint Laurent's "Elle". I think this is the closest you will get!
If I manage to find any, I will let you know...
Lulu.
Oct 24, 2010, 1:48pm   #3
p
platinum_girly
Account Deactivated
I used this one too, still have a little bit left (luckily for me) but have already been on the hunt for a replacement since i found out it has been dis-continued and i know i will have to get something else.
What i did was to look up the scents that are used to make the perfume and check others to see if the same ingredients are used.
Gloria was a combination of:
Quote:
Product Description
Cacharel Gloria is a creation by Cacharel with a heart of oriental freshness. An exotic blend of vanilla, musk, amaretto, bittersweet Italian almond liquor and ambergris added to a floral heart of Bulgarian rose and hibiscus
The ones i have tried are:
Diesel Zero plus feminine (this is REALLY coconut-y)
Vera wang Rock princess (very blackcurrant-y)
J-lo Miami glow (love it!)
Miss sixty Rock muse (very musk-y)

The other ones i found that were similar by description (but yet to try) are:
Hanae mori Magical moon
Carla fracci Giselle
Alexander McQueen My queen light
Kate moss Vintage

Hope this helps
Aug 12, 2012, 7:15am   #4
p
platinum_girly
Account Deactivated
Bump.
Aug 12, 2012, 11:58am   #5
m
meganfm
I found Dior Addict to not be an exact match, but fairly complimentary. I went and used the perfume selector at Sephora and they had the Cacharel one in the system so I was able to see what were close matches, and Dior Addict was one that came up.
Aug 12, 2012, 12:52pm   #6
p
platinum_girly
Account Deactivated
^Awww see i know that one wouldn't be for me as it is an oriental floral and i can literally only deal with pure orientals nowadays. The rose and blackberry combo in Dior addict is not to my taste...
I am leaning towards trying:
Le Baiser Du Dragon by Cartier (oriental woody)
Amarena Whim Lolita Lempicka (i like the idea of the cherry scent)
or something almondy maybe like Amandes Orientales Montale

I have to buy blind because they do not sell these perfumes where i live but hopefully i can find something satisfactory because i have been hunting for too long already, i just wish that they would bring this perfume back!!!
Aug 13, 2012, 3:08pm   #7
lostnexposed
This probably won't help much but if you or someone you know are ever at an Asian airport, check out the duty free stores there.
Aug 14, 2012, 6:44am   #8
p
platinum_girly
Account Deactivated
Well i have just e-mailed everybody that i could find a contact for at Cacharel to request that they consider bringing this perfume back (yes that is how crazy i am for this scent, this is something that i would never normally do!)
Fingers crossed that they at the very least will consider it, i have seen nothing but positive reviews of this perfume so i still don't understand why it was dis-continued in the first place, but still...
Aug 14, 2012, 9:49pm   #9
bnjj
♪ Jovi Junkie ♪
You can find it on ebay (.ca, .com, and co.uk) but the prices can be quite steep. Stalking ebay could likely turn up a decent priced bottle at some point but you'd have to be diligent about looking for it.
Aug 15, 2012, 4:17am   #10
p
platinum_girly
Account Deactivated
^Aaah i seen that but i do not have an E-bay. I really don't care about the cost (i would pay whatever so long as it is genuine) but i do not trust E-bay and Paypal, i have read too many horror stories, lol!
Jan 18, 2013, 2:52pm   #11
T
Talia B.
Hey everyone i found the perfect dupe for Gloria by Cacharel and it's by Ghost.
The fragrance i am talking about is called midnight and it smells just like Gloria ( i am in love ).
When you first apply it onto your skin you will have to let it settle first before you can tell the similarity, because it doesn't really do when you first spray it, but trust me once it settles OMG
If you smell it from the bottle you'll be able to smell the similarity !!

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 24, 2013, 6:34am   #12
Sophie-Rose
Originally Posted by Talia B.
Hey everyone i found the perfect dupe for Gloria by Cacharel and it's by Ghost.
The fragrance i am talking about is called midnight and it smells just like Gloria ( i am in love ).
When you first apply it onto your skin you will have to let it settle first before you can tell the similarity, because it doesn't really do when you first spray it, but trust me once it settles OMG
If you smell it from the bottle you'll be able to smell the similarity !!

Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure it's called Midnight and not Deep Night?
I tried finding it on Google, but couldn't find "Midnight"
My friend LOVED Gloria, so I wanted to send this info onto her...

Thanks
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >