Home Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar

How to make bruises go away faster???

POST A REPLY

May 20, 2008, 6:17pm   #1
not a kiwi!
I popped some pimples last night and I used one of those blemish tools which made the skin around the pimples bruise really badly. I'm going on vacation in a week so I'd really like something that would help them to go away faster, other than a cold compress. Help!
May 20, 2008, 6:49pm   #2
VPT
i ♥ blood oranges
No idea sorry, though I would have used salicylic (sp?) acid instead of popping them, they would shrink in 12 hrs.
May 20, 2008, 7:39pm   #3
I know Arnica is supposed to help bruises heal faster...I think there are creams and gels of it.
May 20, 2008, 9:16pm   #4
Supposedly eating foods with vitamin P helps.
May 20, 2008, 9:19pm   #5
-love life-
Next time use cortisone cream or put the aspirin mask over your pimples instead of popping. That would prevent the bruises and it's an effective way to get rid of pimples quickly
May 20, 2008, 9:28pm   #6
bad spellers untie!
Originally Posted by pippop
I know Arnica is supposed to help bruises heal faster...I think there are creams and gels of it.
that was the first thought that came to me too. Arnica can help wth sweling and bruising - Ive used it with success (in tablet form though) after surgery. Watch the ingredients ist though, Id personally avoid ointments or creams that have petrolatum or mineral oil listed.
May 20, 2008, 9:29pm   #7
You could try massaging the bruised area-to help the blood clot disperse.
May 20, 2008, 11:49pm   #8
I love bags
arnica and vitamin p
May 20, 2008, 11:56pm   #9
Bal_RO_Céline
Originally Posted by frostedcouture
Next time use cortisone cream or put the aspirin mask over your pimples instead of popping. That would prevent the bruises and it's an effective way to get rid of pimples quickly
yup aspirin gets rid of inflammation!

Also, what I usually do is but some benzoyl peroxide on the pimple and it really helps
May 21, 2008, 12:05am   #10
Oh no she di-int!!
If you bruise easily, make sure you get enough vitamin C. I take a supplement with bioflavanoids and I truly notice a difference!
May 21, 2008, 10:53am   #11
couch potato-ing
Wish i read this thread 10 years ago.....good to know.
May 21, 2008, 1:24pm   #12
This is very useful info :)
May 31, 2008, 2:54am   #13
First get a hard-boiled egg (use it right when it is boiled, don't wait till it chilled), remove the shell then wrap it in a thin handkerchief then use the tip of the egg to massage on the bruised area in a circular motion like applying roll-on products (I hope I am explaining it clearly ) Do it until the egg gets cold. Do NOT eat the egg afterward, it is bad!
May 31, 2008, 6:10am   #14
Ma to the d@mn D-E-A
Dab Witch Hazel on it as often as possible, my MIL says about 10 times a day! But, it works! Within a couple days the bruise will be gone completely.
Jun 1, 2008, 4:00am   #15
Arnica!!!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar