Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Home remedies: Best Overnight Treatment for a Pimple?

POST A REPLY

Aug 24, 2006, 3:56pm   #1
LivinLuxuriously
Surprisingly Content
I know there are tons and tons of home remedies for pimples - what do you guys suggest? I've heard crazy things to remove redness or to extract an infection - I'd love to hear everyones philosophies
Aug 24, 2006, 4:24pm   #2
Chamber Doll
in high school I used to do this home remedy of alcohol, baking soda, & milk of magnesia on my face........it actually worked but the routine was so tedious that I gave up on that

for overnight I would suggest toothpaste........but it will make the area red........so if you have a good cover up you should be okay......the toothpaste just dries it up and shrinks the bump up a little
Aug 24, 2006, 11:00pm   #3
esile
BIGGER is better!
hydrocortisone cream will help with the inflammation and redness.
Aug 24, 2006, 11:37pm   #4
divadarlinn
Account Deactivated
yea I've heard that toothpaste works great
Aug 25, 2006, 3:49am   #5
C
Cricket
slice up a cucumber and toss it into the blender, put on your face for about 20-30 minutes as long as you can stand it. Your face will feel great! I did this as a teenager and it really worked on my t-zone for oily skin.
Aug 25, 2006, 4:05am   #6
poutine
for me, it is aloe vera gel. it does reduce swelling.
Aug 25, 2006, 7:55am   #7
Cal
Bum Chum
Toothpaste. It dries the pimple out. And makes it smell minty fresh.
Aug 25, 2006, 9:35am   #8
superBag
:-(
Originally Posted by Cal
Toothpaste. It dries the pimple out. And makes it smell minty fresh.
ITA... lolz heheh minty heheh..
Aug 25, 2006, 10:09am   #9
m
morepls
This isn't exactly a home remedy but I use something called Bye Bye Blemish which I get at Walgreens,
Aug 25, 2006, 10:09am   #10
m
morepls
This isn't exactly a home remedy but I use something called Bye Bye Blemish which I get at Walgreens, it's got sulfur in it and dries it overnight. Also, Visine takes the red out of a pimple.
Last edited Aug 25, 2006 at 10:09am. Reason: didn't finish
Aug 25, 2006, 12:49pm   #11
amanda
I Bleed Georgia Red
wexler skincare makes overnight pimple treatments, they come in packs of 18, and you use one per night. they're individual so you don't contaminate the product with bacteria from the blemish (because that'll just cause more blemishes!). they really do reduce redness and size, and you can get them at bath and body works.
Aug 25, 2006, 1:10pm   #12
purplekitty
Certified bag addict
As morepls said, Visine really does get the red out. That's what they use at the Miss America pageants, so if they can rely on it, it must work.
Aug 26, 2006, 12:56am   #13
TheImportersWife
a product with 5-10% benzoyl peroxide, along with a 1% cortisone cream.
Aug 26, 2006, 6:42pm   #14
t
the real deal
Originally Posted by divadarlinn
yea I've heard that toothpaste works great
I've tried the toothpaste option, all it does is make the area redder and more irritetated. Dermatologists also agree that it doesn't have any positive affect. Tried just about every overnight zit treatment and none of em work .
Aug 28, 2006, 6:43pm   #15
icechampagne
Tiffany
I use toothpaste. I tried it once & it worked really well..the pimple was gone by the next morning. But that was the only time it actually worked..sometimes it takes longer
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >