Home > >

Favorite Jo Malone layering combos

POST A REPLY

Aug 15, 2012, 8:04am   #1
jpup
I used to wear Jo Malone (Honeysuckle and Jasmine which has been d/c) awhile ago and stopped when I found a perfume I really liked from Lalique. I've been wearing Lalique a long time and decided I need a new signature scent. I like the "lightness" of Jo Malone scents and the layering possibilities for creating a more unique scent.
So which are your favorite combos and do you usually layer the colognes on top of each other? Or different ones in different places? Or do you layer a body creme with a cologne over top? So what are your favorite combos and what's your favorite way to layer them?
TIA
Aug 15, 2012, 11:43am   #2
sunglow
Cool thread! I'm fairly new to Jo Malone so I don't have many suggestions. So far I like:

-French Lime Blossom with Nectarine Blossom and Honey over it
-Red Roses with Nectarine Blossom and Honey over it
(I sometimes wear Nectarine Blossom and Honey lotion under these 2 combos)
-Verbenas of Provence with Red Roses over it

I still have lots of experimenting to do.
Aug 15, 2012, 1:55pm   #3
jpup
Hi Sunglow- sounds like you're having fun with your experimenting! Which is your very favorite combo so far????
I purchased Nectarine Blossom and Honey,too. Today I tried it with Vanilla and Anise over top. I used one of Kiehls new lightly scented lotions(Orange flower and Lychee) underneath.
I liked the combination, but not the staying power. Do you find the scents last on you?
Aug 15, 2012, 2:52pm   #4
sunglow
My favorite combo so far is French Lime Blossom with Nectarine Blossom and Honey over it. Red Roses and French Lime Blossom seem to last all day when used alone. The combos with Nectarine Blossom and Honey don't seem to last as long. I may purchase some of the body cremes to help with staying power. I think my next fragrance purchase will be Vanilla & Anise. I have a sample and I think it'll be great for fall.
Aug 18, 2012, 6:03pm   #5
M
My Purse Addiction
My new favorite combo is Wild Bluebell and Plum Blossom (LE).
Aug 18, 2012, 7:09pm   #6
jpup
Originally Posted by My Purse Addiction
My new favorite combo is Wild Bluebell and Plum Blossom (LE).
I love both those scents- but haven't tried them together. Unfortunately neither scent seems to stay on me for longer than an hour. So sad because I really like them both.
Aug 18, 2012, 9:30pm   #7
LoVeinLA
Paris 2014 or Bust
I have not bought JM yet but it seems like "grapefruit" is a real popular mix.
Aug 19, 2012, 7:09am   #8
jpup
Originally Posted by LoVeinLA
I have not bought JM yet but it seems like "grapefruit" is a real popular mix.
Yes- I see that used a lot- but generally I don't care for citrus scents on me- I seem to gravitate to either fruity/floral or warmer vanilla type scents.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >