Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Doo Yoo Tattoo?

POST A REPLY

Aug 7, 2006, 6:18am   #61
JoeyJo21
Originally Posted by toiletduck
Oh! I see...and I understand completely. I'd love to have a tattoo on my wrist as well, but my reason for not getting one is the same as yours. As mentioned in a previous post, I have a tattoo on my ankle which requires make up when I wear a skirt to the office...It's a bit of a hassle but well worth it IMHO! As for the wrist tattoo, since you're looking for something that's more subtle, white would be the way to go. I've seen some pretty white ones when they are done professionally. Good luck!

P.S. Although I'm not that into the meaning, I love Lindsay's 'Breathe' tattoo too!
make-ups a great idea! I hadn't considered that whatsoever. Does it hide it well?
Aug 7, 2006, 7:08am   #62
toiletduck
SHOES BAGS SHOES
Originally Posted by JoeyJo21
make-ups a great idea! I hadn't considered that whatsoever. Does it hide it well?
It's hides it quite well, especially if your tattoo doesn't have a lot of black (i.e. just a thin black outline, rest if colour). I got away with it the whole of last summer where I wore a skirt almost every day and on the last day of my internship I asked my collegue if he ever noticed my tattoo. He looked at me and said "what? you have mods?!?! where??"

there are a few brands that you can buy online and they cost around USD30 or so...the brand I use is Colortration. I found the site online and it comes in a lot of shades. It's waterproof (comes off with soap), smudge proof and dries quickly (it's a little thick so layer it on instead of caking it on). Hope that helps!
Aug 7, 2006, 7:39am   #63
ilzabet
easily amused
Originally Posted by northernbelle33
You might want to rethink the white ink thing...I have read that it tends to look like ugly scar tissue after a few years
actually i always thought the "scar look" is why most people who got white ink wanted it in the first place...that's why i'm leaning towards it. to each their own i guess.
Aug 7, 2006, 7:49am   #64
r
rach_mack
in wonderland
i do tattoo!

i have one big on on my back, which i decided to get done in 1997, but only got it done this year! i have learnt chinese since 97, and ive just become a qualified chinese interpreter... the characters are 'rui qiu', which is my name.. and means 'auspicious autumn'.

i also have stars on my ankle, and nape of my neck, and a butterfly on my back.

i am planning my next tattoo, which will be a symmetrical V shape, joining my two hipbones. a swallow on each hip, joined by japanese cherry blossom twigs (all in colour)
Attached Images

Aug 7, 2006, 7:58am   #65
JoeyJo21
It's hides it quite well, especially if your tattoo doesn't have a lot of black (i.e. just a thin black outline, rest if colour). I got away with it the whole of last summer where I wore a skirt almost every day and on the last day of my internship I asked my collegue if he ever noticed my tattoo. He looked at me and said "what? you have mods?!?! where??"

there are a few brands that you can buy online and they cost around USD30 or so...the brand I use is Colortration. I found the site online and it comes in a lot of shades. It's waterproof (comes off with soap), smudge proof and dries quickly (it's a little thick so layer it on instead of caking it on). Hope that helps!
Thank you so much, I had no idea you could do that!
Aug 7, 2006, 8:37am   #66
Prada Psycho
Originally Posted by LeaD
I play the cello and would love to get f holes tattooed onto the curves of my back, like a cello! actually, I"m planning on making an app. real soon - I'll post pics! :)
That's a cool idea since the cello, violin and viola all follow the same curves as a woman's body!

Definitely want to see how that one comes out!
Aug 8, 2006, 10:31am   #67
pursegrl12
I have three, two kanjii symbols on my lower back. one means "eternal" & the other "grace" (in memory of my mother, her middle name is grace) I also have a chinese dragon on my lower stomach (regret that one!) i'd like to get a celtic cross on the back of my neck.
Aug 8, 2006, 8:47pm   #68
N
Natalie
I have three runes tattoed on my wrist. A horizontal wolfsangel, a version of an Odal rune, and a broken suncross
Last edited Aug 8, 2006 at 8:49pm.
Aug 9, 2006, 1:40am   #69
toiletduck
SHOES BAGS SHOES
^^ i'm curious...does it hurt more to get wrist tattoos?

my previous tattoos didn't hurt that much, but the wrist is such a sensitive spot, i figured it might sting more. any feedback would be much appreciated!
Aug 9, 2006, 12:25pm   #70
jenn4lv
I have a tattoo of a rose on my thigh. I really want another one, but I dont know where I want it. I dont want it too big either. But I do remember how much it hurt, so maybe not.
Aug 9, 2006, 12:45pm   #71
marspalm
pursefreak<3
Originally Posted by Prada Psycho
Sandra, yours is so pretty! So is yours, Luna! I've been toying with getting one of a confetti rose (like my avatar) on my left shoulder blade, but I'm still on the fence about it. I need to stop watching Miami Ink! The tattoos that Kat von D does makes me want to run to Miami and have her do one for me!!!

ooh i am sooo obsessed with miami ink! kat's tattoos are amazing she always makes me teary with the ones of people getting their children tattooed. Anyways no tattoos for me yet, but i do want to get something oceany i am thinking a sanddollar because its like the cross of the sea we'll see
Aug 9, 2006, 1:02pm   #72
N
Natalie
^^ i'm curious...does it hurt more to get wrist tattoos?

my previous tattoos didn't hurt that much, but the wrist is such a sensitive spot, i figured it might sting more. any feedback would be much appreciated!
That is the only Tattoo I have so I don't have anything to compare it to, sorry. It hurt less than I was expecting, anyhow, but then again I have a high pain tolerance.
Aug 9, 2006, 5:57pm   #73
A
Andiewc
I have a tattoo on each wrist....my right has a pink cherry blossom and my left is an ambigram. It hurt on the wrist but I don't think it hurt any more than any of my others (I have my kids' names on my hip and a killer whale on my shoulder).
Aug 10, 2006, 7:19am   #74
S
Shari
Aug 11, 2006, 2:18am   #75
keykey36
keykey36
I have 3
-right ankle-Red & yellow flowers on a curvy vine
-left shoulder-a very detailed cross w/ my son's name "Preston" written accross it
-Lower Back-Sweet butterflies in mauve & pink fluttering around some colorful flowers

These maybe common designs but I LOVE THEM!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >