Home > >

Bond... Saks Bond No 9 that is... Let's chat!

POST A REPLY

Feb 27, 2012, 2:01pm   #136
BellaShoes
Stronger for it...
Originally Posted by Tiare
Im headed to Saks after work, I will ask for a High Line and Bryant Park sample. Hopefully High Line smells better than the actual thing - dusty shrubs, tourists and limestone
bahahahahahaha.......
Feb 28, 2012, 8:34am   #137
Tiare
zOMG sales!
Originally Posted by BellaShoes
bahahahahahaha.......
I went to get some By Terry yesterday and the lovely SA gave me a fistful of Bond 9 samples. High Line is a little too... green/astringent for my liking.

I also finally got to try Fire Island. At first it smelled a lot like Bobbi Brown's beach. Then it melded into my youth, spent as various Long Island beach clubs, surrounded by elderly women playing Bridge and MahJohng beneath giant umbrella tables - suntan lotion mixed with sea spray and a heavy dose of aldehydic perfume.

The most successful scent in the bunch was Bleeker Street - which I have to convince my fiancé to start wearing.
Mar 2, 2012, 4:01pm   #138
LavenderIce
Vintage CLs please
I just got my first Bond 9 fragrance last week--Scent of Peace. It was a bit of an impulse purchase. My friend and I had lunch/shopping date. It was a fun day of shopping at the beauty events at NM and Saks. Saks was our last stop and she was buying Scent of Peace for herself, but I couldn't resist. The SA hooked us up with a bunch of samples. Now I want to more to my mini perfume collection. Bella, I thought of you when I got it and wouldn't you know it, you've started a Bond thread here.
Mar 2, 2012, 6:47pm   #139
a
ally143
Lavender Scent of Peace is the perfect fragrance to start with bond! You should try Bella's blend, The Scent of Peace with Little Italy
Mar 3, 2012, 12:25am   #140
MrsTGreen
Life is Sweet
Originally Posted by ally143
I like Astor Place with Nuits de Noho. I'd say one spray of Nuits for every two of Astor Place! That's actually my BOTD :)
Tried this combo while I was in Saks the other day and love it!!
Mar 3, 2012, 10:04am   #141
BellaShoes
Stronger for it...
Originally Posted by LavenderIce
I just got my first Bond 9 fragrance last week--Scent of Peace. It was a bit of an impulse purchase. My friend and I had lunch/shopping date. It was a fun day of shopping at the beauty events at NM and Saks. Saks was our last stop and she was buying Scent of Peace for herself, but I couldn't resist. The SA hooked us up with a bunch of samples. Now I want to more to my mini perfume collection. Bella, I thought of you when I got it and wouldn't you know it, you've started a Bond thread here.
Thank you Lavender!!! That was my very first Bond too

Lavender Scent of Peace is the perfect fragrance to start with bond! You should try Bella's blend, The Scent of Peace with Little Italy
Thank you ally, it is a fab blend. I am looking forward to trying your BOTD Astor Place with Nuits de Noho!!
Mar 3, 2012, 1:52pm   #142
a
ally143
Originally Posted by MrsTGreen
Tried this combo while I was in Saks the other day and love it!!
Glad you liked it!!

Originally Posted by BellaShoes

Thank you ally, it is a fab blend. I am looking forward to trying your BOTD Astor Place with Nuits de Noho!!
Mar 3, 2012, 10:16pm   #143
BellaShoes
Stronger for it...
YAY!!! My Lexington Ave just arrived today from Overstock!!! Perfect, it's a flawless bottle and $169!
Mar 3, 2012, 11:44pm   #144
ringing_phone
banned for a while!
I ordered my first Bond perfume before Christmas. I received a sample of Scent of Peace at my first PF meetup in 2009, and later found the sample in my makeup box. I started using it and loved it, but didn't want to use up my sample since I couldn't find out where to buy it in Canada. I ordered it from Saks online and shipped it to my friends place in SF. She was visiting at Christmas and gave it to me then. She was wondering what the fuss was about, since I HAD to have this perfume. I let her smell it, and as soon as she got back to SF she ventured into Saks (for the first time!) to buy it
Mar 3, 2012, 11:49pm   #145
BellaShoes
Stronger for it...
ringing_phone!!! That was the tPF meet i hosted!!! I was so excited to secure the samples for all of our ladies, I just love hearing you fell in love with SoP!

See you soon xo
Mar 4, 2012, 11:36am   #146
a
ally143
BOTD - Chinatown with Astor Place!

Chinatown is too powdery so I felt it needed something else! The result is awesome
Mar 4, 2012, 11:45am   #147
LavenderIce
Vintage CLs please

Chinatown is too powdery so I felt it needed something else! The result is awesome
That's interesting you mention Chinatown because that's actually what I want as my next addition. I might have to try all the blends you're all creating with the samples I have.

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Mar 5, 2012, 12:59pm   #148
lolitablue
Happy Place!!
I so need to sample these items!! Should I just go there and ask for samples, ladies?
Mar 5, 2012, 1:21pm   #149
BellaShoes
Stronger for it...
Wearing the new Amber today and although spendy.. Fabulous!!!!!
Mar 5, 2012, 2:55pm   #150
LavenderIce
Vintage CLs please

Wearing this today and you're right it is awesome! Chinatown alone is too soft and mixed with Astor Place gives it really comes alive. I'm gonna try Bella's Blend of SoP and Little Italy next.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >