Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Best under eye cream?

POST A REPLY

Jun 15, 2010, 9:25am   #1
carousel eyes
Hey guys. I've wanted to guy an eye cream for a long time; the bags/dark circles never seem to go away for me. I'm really stingy when it comes to these 'repairing' products. I want to know if it works before using it, like most people. I know things don't happen in an instant, but I'd like one that has fairly quick and visible results that last.

Any recommendations? I really don't want to spend more than about $50 for it, if possible. I tried looking at some websites, but I don't know which ones to trust [especially when they have 'eyecream' in the URL, haha].
Jun 15, 2010, 10:47am   #2
SweetCandy
I use Magnolia Fresh Eyes from MyChelle, it is a little bite under $50! It helps for dark cicles, puffy eye and also brighten and tone your eye area. It does more but those are a few!
Jun 15, 2010, 3:22pm   #3
Vinyl
I have the same exact problem! I've been using Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment, but it's pretty ineffective. I've also been reading reviews on Makeupalley on various eyecreams, but none of the reasonably priced ones seem to get anywhere near 4 stars or have a high repeat purchase rate.
Jun 15, 2010, 4:57pm   #4
devoted7
^ohhh darn, I was about to order the Boscia too. I guess I souldn't now :/
Jun 15, 2010, 5:31pm   #5
Cornflower Blue
I swear by Clarins Advanced Extra-Firming Eye Contour Serum. Has given me good results re. dark circles and puffiness especially. It's more like a gel/serum, is in a pump dispenser and you get 20 mls - and it last for ages. I use it every morning.

At night I use Creme de la Mer The Eye Concentrate which I really like as well (I'm addicted to their Fluid Tint and can usually get a sample of The Eye Concentrate with my purchase - it all works out very well!)
Jun 16, 2010, 5:23pm   #6
carousel eyes
Thanks guys! I'll check those out.

Any other suggestions or even products to stay away from?
Jun 16, 2010, 5:42pm   #7
ashtray-girl
depends on your age and skin. . .

if you're under 30 I would recommend clinique all about eyes rich

if you're older think about shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream it costs 52$ and is really amazing, my mom uses it (she's 57) and I do it to sometimes. I'm 27 so I prefer to use good moisturizing eye-creams but include this one to my regimen from time to time as it is really working.

For extreme puffiness and dark circles I would also recommend mac fast response eye cream, my HG when I wake up after a all-night party
Jun 16, 2010, 7:40pm   #8
Cheryl
♡ Obsessed
I just started using the new CHANEL Ultra Correction Lift eye cream and i'm in love with it!! I have been using it since it came out so month and a half or maybe longer. Anyway i love it and i would recommend getting a sample!

Here is a link
http://shop.nordstrom.com/product/pr...uctID=SKPRE5FP
Jun 17, 2010, 2:26pm   #9
S
Stellina07
Try Kiehl's.. if you go to your local saks or dept liek that, they should have a kiehl's counter. They're really good with giving samples. Just tell them what you're looking for in an eye cream and I'm sure they will give you some samples to try I use all their facial products-- LOVE THEM!
Jun 22, 2010, 2:35am   #10
k
kira21
Im so madly in love with Lifecell Skin Cream and Lily Organics Sensitive Skin Mositurizing cream (unscented)...gosh! i can feel the extreme results...some products are jsut for band wagon but my treasures are really true...and works like magic...try it...!
Jun 22, 2010, 3:50pm   #11
Samia
Easily Distracted!
I use Clinique all about eyes and I am happy with it.
Jun 22, 2010, 4:52pm   #12
devoted7
^I use that one too. but it's just for depuffing eyes...I think. I would like something that does everything
Jun 22, 2010, 4:59pm   #13
canada's
i love badescu's glycolic eye cream. the results are really amazing and you totally tell when you aren't using it. it is inexpensive, but i forget the price atm...no more than $30 though.

i second shisiedo benefiance if you have mature skin and are trying to treat and prevent. it is GREAT stuff.

i have not had good luck with kiehl's. i love all of their hair and body products, but their skincare products do not work for me and terribly irritate my skin and eyes and i am not usually sensitive to any products.
Jun 22, 2010, 5:04pm   #14
M
MBethy
I like Revive's Eye Renewal. One of the few eye creams you can put all over the eye area (including the lid) without any issues. Love it!
Jun 22, 2010, 5:20pm   #15
fieryfashionist
aka Minal :)
I love Shiseido and sometimes use their white lucent eye cream! I think it's under $50. I have some darkness under the eye area and I swear as SOON as I put it on I see an instant brightening effect!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >