BB Spring RAOK 2012 Rules & Sign Up Thread Welcome to the BB Spring RAOK 2012 Rules & Sign-up Thread!!!!
Please read all the following, since all participants will be held accountable by the rules below.
In order to participate in this RAOK you must fulfill the following requirements:
*have successfully participated in a previous BB RAOK* or
*have at least 500 posts*
*be an active member of tPF and the Beauty Bar*
*be a tPF member for at least six months*
To sign up please follow the instructions below:
For new participants: The New Participant Application is to be completed online at the link provided. Once this has been approved you will be notified, you may complete the Questionnaire.
For previous RAOK participants: The New Participant Application is not needed. You just complete the Questionnaire. When it is received and processed you will in return receive an elfster invitation to the RAOK.
* One package is required: The package must contain new, unused (tested) and unopened beauty items. The total package should be worth at least $50 or the equivalent in your currency. The price point does not include shipping fees.
* TRACKING is required for all gifts: Once you have your package all wrapped up and ready to go, you are required to purchase some form of tracking. This serves as a proof of shipment and also will help you and your buddy in case the package gets lost. We have had some users have their boxes lost, so we will leave it up to each participant whether they want to purchase insurance in addition to the other shipping fees. Tracking information must be PM’d to BunnyMasseuse or Kathyrose by EOD slated as the shipping deadline.
* You MUST post pictures of your package within 48 hours: Once you receive your package from your buddy, you must post clear pictures and description of it. All of us want to see what goodies you got!
* Elfster.com: Elfster is the website that we will be using for this Raok. Once your questionnaire is complete, you will receive an invitation to join the RAOK on Elfster.com. Elfster is also where buddies can ask questions and/or chit chat without revealing their identities.
*Wishlist Requirement: When building your wishlist in Elfster ensure that you have added both items you want as well as items you don't want (please list brands, types of products). Please review the list to ensure that items you have received in previous RAOK's are no longer listed, and be considerate to your buddy who is buying for you and try to add items of all price ranges so they can appropriately select a variety of items to gift you in return.
* No vacationers. If you will be away from home for more than 1 week per month...don't sign up. Gifts have to be mailed and reveals posted in a timely manner as described above, and vacation plans may interfere.
* The Angel System is in place for MISSING gifts: The angel system that was used in the previous RAOK will also be used in this round. I hope that we won’t have the need to use it though! If someone does end up flaking on their buddy, all members will be required to contribute to an angel package with a value of approximately $50.
*Participate in the chat/reveal thread. Participation in the chat/reveal thread is REQUIRED. We all know what it's like to get gifts, it's a wonderful feeling, but this RAOK is here for more than just the experience of getting a gift but giving and watching others receive as well!
** Normally our RAOK's would allow for international participation. Since this RAOK doesn't allow for very long to shop (3 weeks approx before shipping due) I will ONLY ALLOW International participation on a case by case basis. Please reach out to BunnyMasseuse if you are international TPF'er and would like to participate. We had some concerns raised in a previous RAOK where an international buddy had to pay custom fees and frustration was raised on both sides on what is and is not proper in international shipping. Because of this, we will need to review how we handle international participation since we want our RAOK's to be open to all, but we want to avoid people paying extra money to receive something that should in all expectation be a gift. Please realize we aren't trying to punish or restrict our RAOK's but obviously we need to re-evaluate how to structure our rules to protect both givers and receivers.