Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > >

Any of you get eyebrows threaded at mall kiosks?

POST A REPLY

May 9, 2010, 4:30pm   #16
lushfashionista
I've done it a few times and it's always been a hit or miss for me. It really depends on who you get. They've never totally butchered my brows or anything, but with some people it hurts a lot more. I guess it's all in the technique they use.
May 9, 2010, 9:01pm   #17
blueeyedgirl
Fashion Addict!
I think it will definitely depend on who you are going to. That being said, it weirds me out when I walk by people getting it done at the mall. I am a pretty broke college kid, but I think I'm fine with paying $16 at my salon to lay back in a room alone with my waxer. Of course, thats just me.
Aug 5, 2012, 1:29am   #18
j
joeve09
hello...I'm new here and my eyebrow doesn't shaped or put some etc. on it...It just natural eyebrow..
Aug 5, 2012, 1:44am   #19
W
Wilsom04
I just can't get pass the fact that the person has the thread in their mouth:-(
Aug 8, 2012, 7:38am   #20
Tarhls
Once and it hurt so much my eyes were watering - did not appreciate the on lookers... def go for a more private setting next time.
Aug 8, 2012, 3:53pm   #21
p
princesschic
I went once and it was a horrible experience!

The lady barely spoke English and I kept explaining to her how i wanted them done and what part not to thread. She was like "dont worry just sit and pull your skin" I was desparate though and in a different city.

She totally removed all the hair I spent the last three months growing out and I literally cried. My arch was flattened out and gone! Then she told me I look much better and that is how everyone has their eyebrows...I was like errm NO!

I prefer to go to a proper salon now bc i'm scared of the mall threaders. It's like everyone has become a threading expert all of a sudden as the actual method of using the thread to pull the hair is easy, it is the shaping and stuff that most end of getting wrong.
Aug 10, 2012, 11:22pm   #22
polishprincess
i haven't had my brows threaded period but am seriously considering it . does it hurt?
Aug 12, 2012, 12:47pm   #23
Hielostar
Take my Revolution.
Yes - the kiosk I usually use is more of an semi-enclosed booth, so there is some privacy. I made sure to watch someone else first before I had my brows threaded there. Very friendly and professional staff - my brows are shaped exactly how I like them!
Aug 13, 2012, 5:35pm   #24
d
designergirl6
i've done it a couple times. we have a few of those kiosks at the different malls here. i've tried two of them, and i liked the results. i did notice that i wasn't nearly as red as i usually am from waxing. and i like the price better! $12 vs $24 at the salon. i have yet to find somewhere/someone i truly love, though. i was spoiled before i moved, cause i had worked in the same salon for years and the girl who did my brows had been doing them the whole time i'd worked there.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >