POST A REPLY

Feb 9, 2011, 8:14pm   #1
So Sweet!
A cable network TNT just announced it is gearing up to breathe new life into the iconic '80s TV series "Dallas." Yes, the show has already enjoyed not one but two revivals (plus a 2008 reunion) since it went off the air in 1991. And that's on top of a whopping 13 seasons and a spin off series
but

No word yet on an air date, but the coming remake will introduce new characters -- played by Josh Henderson and a Jordana Brewster-- alongside veterans J.R., Sue Ellen and Bobby.

The series was a career highlight for most of its cast, including the show's former patriarch Jim Davis and award-winning matriarch Barbara Bel Geddes. Guess which megastar had a small role.
Feb 9, 2011, 8:14pm   #2
So Sweet!
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusive...-dallas-remake

Quote:
Who's got J.R.? TNT, apparently.

Larry Hagman has been inked by the network to reprise his legendary role of J.R. Ewing for their updated version of the 80s hit Dallas, RadarOnline.com has learned.

PHOTOS: Classic TV- Bewitched

The network, which has yet to begin filming the new show, has also signed original Dallas cast members Patrick Duffy and Linda Gray, as well as new blood in Josh Henderson (Desperate Housewives) and Jordana Brewster (The Fast and the Furious) for the revamped soap.

Hagman's character, oil tycoon J.R. Ewing, was the key cog in one of the most-watched storylines in TV history, when he was shot at the end of the show's 1979/1980 season.

PHOTOS: Brady Bunch Cast Then & Now

The cliffhanger provided CBS months to tease its' audience with the phrase "Who Shot J.R.?" The result: the highest ratings for a TV episode in history (to that point) when it finally revealed the answer to that question in itsí November 1980 season opener.

In late 2007, there had been talk of turning Dallas into a feature film -- and at one point, John Travolta, Jennifer Lopez, Shirley MacLaine, and Luke Wilson were attached to the project -- but the film fell apart.

PHOTOS: Teen Idols Now And Then
Feb 9, 2011, 8:16pm   #3
So Sweet!
Which do you agree and disagree with?

Quote:
Keifer Sutherland and Josh Holloway back on TV in "Dallas" remake on TNT
October 4th, 2010 11:42 am ET.Do you like this Article?
Keifer Sutherland "24" and Josh Holloway "LOST" fans might be able to get their weekly fix soon if the remake of "Dallas" that TNT is shooting takes off. If the pilot episode pulls in it's fan base from twenty years ago plus the new star power the show is recruiting, this show is guaranteed a record viewing audience.

The cast reads like a who's who of popular actors from then and now, check it out!

NEW "DALLAS" CAST

Keifer Sutherland - "24" as J.R.'s son John Ross Ewing III
Josh Holloway - "LOST"
Jennifer Love Hewitt - "Ghost Whisperer"
Ali Larter - "Heroes"
not yet cast - Bobby Ewing's son
Mary Lynn Rajskub - John Ross Ewing III's personal assistant < '24' Examiner fantasy casting
OLD "DALLAS" REGULARS RETURNING

Larry Hagman J.R. Ewing
Patrick Duffy as Bobby Ewing (hopeful)
Linda Gray as Sue Ellen Ewing (hopeful)
TNT's Michael Wright said: "This is not a remake as much as a continuation. It takes the next generation of Ewings and continues the battle."

The pilot is set to begin filming around New Years, no air date has been released.

The original series "Dallas" aired for 14 seasons including the original mini-series from 1978-1991with the "Who Shot JR?" episode being one of the most watched show ever in the U.S. Internationally "Dallas" still holds the record for the most watched episode with nearly 360 million viewers tuning in to see who shot J.R. (Source Wikipedia and Imdb.org)

Enjoy the slide show of "Dallas" then and the video of the one of the most annoying moments for Dallas fans where Pam wakes up from her dream and explains it to Bobby. From the episode "The Return To Camelot" Part 1.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Keifer Sutherland and Josh Holloway back on TV in "Dallas" remake on TNT - National 24 | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/24-in-nation...#ixzz1DWCKqQ95
Feb 10, 2011, 12:35am   #4
As long as they do not turn this into a teeny bop version of Dallas I support it....I realize this will be the kids and grandkids as the stars but I hope they are in their 20's and 30's at least with some substance to them
Feb 10, 2011, 10:16am   #5
I don't know. Dallas was huge in the 80s because it was the first and arguably the best of the primetime soaps. The show was right for its time. Not sure the concept will go over as well today. Seems like yet another example of lazy Hollywood writers digging through the past for ideas rather than creating something new.
Feb 10, 2011, 5:10pm   #6
Cat Lover TV Watcher
I am soooooo excited for this!! LOL I can be such a dork! It brings back the good old days!
Feb 10, 2011, 6:53pm   #7
LVoe!
I will SOOOOOO be watching this!!!
Feb 11, 2011, 7:30am   #8
tln
Have a nice day!
I have very mixed feelings about this. It was so "glam" in the 80's, I don't see how they can invoke the same feelings in the year 2011. I'll be watching, of course, that show was awesome!
Feb 11, 2011, 9:47am   #9
a
I'll give it a shot. I was too young to watch the original, but have discovered it recently. I love it. It's so over the top. I would be perfectly ok with me if TNT decided to just re-air the original episodes.
That being said, TNT does a great job with it's original programming. So I am excited to see how this turns out.
Feb 11, 2011, 12:17pm   #10
So Sweet!
Aklein, then you need to see if they still air it on Soapopera Network. I love watching reruns of that show. Knots Landing was the spin off of DALLAS.
Feb 11, 2011, 12:38pm   #11
I Miss The 80s & 90s
Originally Posted by bag-mania
I don't know. Dallas was huge in the 80s because it was the first and arguably the best of the primetime soaps. The show was right for its time. Not sure the concept will go over as well today. Seems like yet another example of lazy Hollywood writers digging through the past for ideas rather than creating something new.
I agree so much. TNT has some good original programming but I'm a little skeptical about this reboot.
Feb 11, 2011, 1:15pm   #12
Cat Lover TV Watcher
They dont air it on soapnet. There need to be a station that airs the old shows! I could totally make a line up!!!
Feb 11, 2011, 2:42pm   #13
So Sweet!
They used to air it. That and Knots Landing. They must have removed the programming.
Also, TNT used to air it.
Feb 11, 2011, 8:25pm   #14
Don't forget everyone Soapnet is going off the air to make room for a Disney preschool channel next Jan. Unless this has changed - I hope so! SN used to air old episodes of Dallas and Dynasty....maybe if they continued doing that instead of stuff like One Tree Hill they would have gotten higher ratings
Feb 12, 2011, 1:32pm   #15
So Sweet!
^^agreed. cause I used to watch them. I was too young for Dallas, but my Mom used to watch KL.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Television and Cinema