Jun 16, 2012, 1:35pm   #106
melissatrv
Here is the original opening from season 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsVZUJVVaIE
Jun 16, 2012, 4:57pm   #107
KathyB
LVoe!
Originally Posted by melissatrv
I watched it last night and loved it. JR is seriously just as intimidating as ever and loved how he played up the walker thing to throw people off. He seemed to genuinely be moved by seeing Sue Ellen though. Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy went right back into character seemlessly after soo long

Love John Ross, don't remember him from DH though. Think he is totally hot. And Jesse Metcalfe if perfect as Bobby's son. Not sure I like Elena though

Some critiques:

- I would have liked to have heard more about how Sue Ellen got to be successful, unless this was addressed in the original before it ended, I had stopped watching
- Very fast paced, almost too fast paced. Thought they could have slowed down to do a little more character development
- Theme song...loved hearing it again. But if I recall the original was more "booming" this sounded more subdued. And I believe they showed the characters and actors names against the backdrop in the original which I liked
- Was it me or were there too many commercials? I don't think I have ever seen that many commercials in a show. I know this ultimately keeps a show on air but I could deal with a little less next week
-Could have done without the sex sounds, just did not seem right to put them there, this is not HBO after all

I could never get into Knots Landing either. I think I did not like the two primary female characters...Valene and the other one. I did like both Dynasty and the Colby's though. I miss these types of shows....so glad to see shows like Dallas come back along with other compelling dramas like Revenge. So sick of reality and singing TV
ITA along with competition shows (America's Next Top....whatever) and dating shows (Bachelor/Bachelorette). I'm ready for a good, juicy night-time soap!!!
Jun 16, 2012, 5:56pm   #108
Tropigal3
I watched it last night and loved it. JR is seriously just as intimidating as ever and loved how he played up the walker thing to throw people off. He seemed to genuinely be moved by seeing Sue Ellen though. Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy went right back into character seemlessly after soo long

Love John Ross, don't remember him from DH though. Think he is totally hot. And Jesse Metcalfe if perfect as Bobby's son. Not sure I like Elena though
Jesse Metcalf who plays "Christopher" was on DH as Gabrielle's yard guy turned lover in the earlier seasons. He looks better with age I think.

How is it that this is Bobby's third wife? I wonder if Pam is supposed to have died and Bobby took a second wife who maybe divorced so he ended up with a third? Maybe Victoria Principal didn't want to do any cameo's? SO many questions! So many opportunities for future episode drama!
Jun 16, 2012, 7:29pm   #109
michie
Ain't got da answers
Here is the original opening from season 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsVZUJVVaIE
I used to have a snippet of this as my ringer. May have to do it again.

I must say, I am so very happy that this show was revamped because Larry Hagman has literally been dressing as JR for the past 20 yrs anyway. LOL
Jun 16, 2012, 7:30pm   #110
KathyB
LVoe!
Originally Posted by Tropigal3
Jesse Metcalf who plays "Christopher" was on DH as Gabrielle's yard guy turned lover in the earlier seasons. He looks better with age I think.

How is it that this is Bobby's third wife? I wonder if Pam is supposed to have died and Bobby took a second wife who maybe divorced so he ended up with a third? Maybe Victoria Principal didn't want to do any cameo's? SO many questions! So many opportunities for future episode drama!
Bobby married Pam, then he married April Stevens, who was killed.
Jun 16, 2012, 7:45pm   #111
Tropigal3
Originally Posted by KathyB
Bobby married Pam, then he married April Stevens, who was killed.
It was too long ago for me to remember, was this in the original series? What happened to Pam...I thought it ended with them still married? And who played April?
Jun 16, 2012, 8:52pm   #112
KathyB
LVoe!
It was too long ago for me to remember, was this in the original series? What happened to Pam...I thought it ended with them still married? And who played April?
Pam had a wreck driving home from the OB/GYN to tell Bobby that she could have a baby, she was driving Bobby's red Mercedes and hit an fuel truck sending the car into a fireball. However, she wasn't killed, but was burned very badly. She left the hospital after they removed the bandages on her face, gave Bobby the rights to her shares on her oil company and divorced him.

A couple of years later, Bobby married April Stevens and while they were in Vienna (or someplace), she was shot and killed.

Sheree J. Wilson (Walker Texas Ranger) played April.
Jun 16, 2012, 8:55pm   #113
Tropigal3
Originally Posted by KathyB
Pam had a wreck driving home from the OB/GYN to tell Bobby that she could have a baby, she was driving Bobby's red Mercedes and hit an fuel truck sending the car into a fireball. However, she wasn't killed, but was burned very badly. She left the hospital after they removed the bandages on her face, gave Bobby the rights to her shares on her oil company and divorced him.

A couple of years later, Bobby married April Stevens and while they were in Vienna (or someplace), she was shot and killed.

Sheree J. Wilson (Walker Texas Ranger) played April.
Thanks! Wow, wonder how I missed that! I must be getting old!
Jun 16, 2012, 10:45pm   #114
melissatrv
Thanks Tropigal, I remember Jesse Metcalf from DH...he made too much of an impression not to However, I heard the actor who plays John Ross is also a DH alumni....maybe he played a minor role because I don't remember him on there.

I cannot believe I am as excited as I am about this being back!!

Jun 17, 2012, 1:39am   #115
coutureinatl
Thanks Tropigal, I remember Jesse Metcalf from DH...he made too much of an impression not to However, I heard the actor who plays John Ross is also a DH alumni....maybe he played a minor role because I don't remember him on there.
Josh Henderson played Austin, Edie's nephew. He dated Julie and is the father of Danielle's baby.
Jun 17, 2012, 8:38am   #116
Sarni
it is what it is....
wow....I only just found out Dallas is back! Love it...the theme music gave me chills.
Jun 17, 2012, 12:45pm   #117
melissatrv
Originally Posted by coutureinatl
Josh Henderson played Austin, Edie's nephew. He dated Julie and is the father of Danielle's baby.
Oh yes, yes, yes, I remember him now! Thanks for refreshing my memory

Originally Posted by Sarni
wow....I only just found out Dallas is back! Love it...the theme music gave me chills.
Me too, I almost started cheering when it came on!
Jun 17, 2012, 1:29pm   #118
Star1231
**Blessed**
I recorded this on my DVR and finally got to see it last night, I loved every second. I didn't watch the original (too young) but my parents did and I remember the theme song. Bobby is my favorite and it was heart breaking to see him clenching his fists when he would have stomach pains.
Jun 18, 2012, 6:15am   #119
llmar304
Want more LVoe ;D
Originally Posted by Sarni
Yes!! When the opening song played I got so giddy, lol!! I was a pre-teen when Dallas aired in the late seventies. So glad to see it make a comeback, I really miss TV shows like this. And BTW I enjoyed it!
Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 7:36am.
Jun 18, 2012, 3:58pm   #120
ame
I seriously cannot get over how much Patrick Duffy and Larry Hagman resemble each other. HOLY great casting. But the brows...they are the STAR of this show

I really liked it. I watched parts of the original Dallas when my folks watched it. I was SO GLAD they kept the same intro!

I guess we're going to see what's really going on with Chris's new wife, and her creepy brother.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >