Home > >

Outlander coming to Starz 2014

POST A REPLY

Aug 13, 2013, 1:07pm   #1
B
Belle49
Account Deactivated
These are some of my most favorite books EVER! Anyone else a fan? I'm so excited for the show & hope they do the books justice!

http://www.starz.com/originals/outlander
Aug 13, 2013, 1:12pm   #2
LindaP
Yes!! Jamie is my all time favorite hero! Diana seems over the moon with the casting choice, according to her Facebook posts and he seems really thrilled to play the part. They have also cast Frank/BJR with Tobias Menzies.

Here is a picture of Sam Heughen with some photoshopped Jamie hair, lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1002283_565931766782997_171586319_n.jpg (30.7 KB, 641 views)
File Type: jpg jamiephotoshopped.jpg (20.9 KB, 2104 views)
Aug 13, 2013, 1:28pm   #3
B
Belle49
Account Deactivated
I like him as Jaime so I'm thrilled as well. I follow her on FB and Twitter. I want to make sure I miss nothing & can't wait for the next book.
Aug 13, 2013, 2:59pm   #4
LindaP
Originally Posted by Belle49
I like him as Jaime so I'm thrilled as well. I follow her on FB and Twitter. I want to make sure I miss nothing & can't wait for the next book.
I've sort of calmed down about the books, though I still read them, some I enjoy more than others. Outlander has a special place in my heart, that book changed my life as far as reading goes. The last one I thought was very slow but it ended on a helluva cliffhanger!
Aug 13, 2013, 3:07pm   #5
B
Belle49
Account Deactivated
Originally Posted by LindaP
I've sort of calmed down about the books, though I still read them, some I enjoy more than others. Outlander has a special place in my heart, that book changed my life as far as reading goes. The last one I thought was very slow but it ended on a helluva cliffhanger!
I'm in the same boat. I was like whaaaat on that ending & I'm like I need a new book NOW lol
Aug 13, 2013, 3:17pm   #6
p
purseproblm
I can't wait for it. But I still don't see him as Jamie
Aug 13, 2013, 3:50pm   #7
LindaP
Originally Posted by purseproblm
I can't wait for it. But I still don't see him as Jamie
Really? I think he nails it but we all have different ideas in our heads. Who do you see as Jamie, if you could pick someone?
Aug 13, 2013, 6:29pm   #8
Gurzzy
SO EXCITED! I hope it's well done.

This guy seems like a really good choice for Jamie. Apparently he is 6'3" and Scottish (so no dreadful fake accent). He doesn't seem as muscular as I imagined Jamie to be though, but I am sure it will be fine.

I've always envisioned Chris Hemsworth as Jamie.
Aug 13, 2013, 10:18pm   #9
buzzytoes
Dog Chauffeur
He seems smaller than I have pictured Jamie - more delicately boned. I am thrilled he is actually Scottish though so willing to give him a chance. The guy they cast for Frank/Black Jack seems okay. I am absolutely going to die if they mess this up. Outlander is my all time favorite book and I have read it a million times over.
Aug 13, 2013, 11:59pm   #10
ozmodiar
Oh wow, I had no idea this was happening. I love the Outlander books!

Searching for more info, I take it that the casting of Claire has not been announced yet? Ron D Moore (Battlestar Galactica reboot) is in charge, so I have high hopes that the series will be done well.
Aug 14, 2013, 6:12am   #11
LindaP
Originally Posted by ozmodiar
Oh wow, I had no idea this was happening. I love the Outlander books!

Searching for more info, I take it that the casting of Claire has not been announced yet? Ron D Moore (Battlestar Galactica reboot) is in charge, so I have high hopes that the series will be done well.

No Claire yet! But soon I am sure.
Aug 14, 2013, 6:40am   #12
Sweetwon
you win or you die
I am so excited for this! Outland is one of my absolute favorite books! I think they did well with the casting of Jamie. I just can't wait to see who is cast as Claire.
Aug 14, 2013, 7:06am   #13
p
purseproblm
Originally Posted by buzzytoes
He seems smaller than I have pictured Jamie - more delicately boned. I am thrilled he is actually Scottish though so willing to give him a chance. The guy they cast for Frank/Black Jack seems okay. I am absolutely going to die if they mess this up. Outlander is my all time favorite book and I have read it a million times over.
This. This is why he's not Jamie to me, but I hope it's good
Aug 14, 2013, 10:50am   #14
buzzytoes
Dog Chauffeur
Maybe they picked him for his high cheekbones and slanted eyes?? They're more squinty than slanted I guess but they're still pretty eyes.
Aug 14, 2013, 11:23am   #15
Gurzzy
To be fair, no one as perfect as Jamie exists in real life
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >