Home The Playground Television and Cinema

Olympics -LONDON *please USE SPOILER TAGS!*


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jul 26, 2012, 2:31pm   #1
Ladybug09's Avatar
Thread Starter
So Sweet!
So when are the opening ceremonies?
Jul 26, 2012, 2:41pm   #2
Gurzzy's Avatar
Member
Can't wait! I think I read that they are airing them in North America at 7pm EST.
Jul 26, 2012, 3:04pm   #3
Ladybug09's Avatar
Thread Starter
So Sweet!
Awesome, can't wait! I LOVE the opening ceremonies!
Jul 26, 2012, 5:35pm   #4
coutureinatl's Avatar
Member
I love the Olympics but hate that It is hard to avoid knowing the results for events since everything is aired hours after the event.
Jul 26, 2012, 5:36pm   #5
TinksDelite's Avatar
Member
They start at 7:30 eastern/6:30 central time tomorrow on NBC!

Can't wait!!!
Jul 26, 2012, 10:53pm   #6
Sinful Indulgences's Avatar
Member
Yay, can't wait! My favs are women and men's gymnastics!
Jul 26, 2012, 11:43pm   #7
Wentworth-Roth's Avatar
Longtime Member
I watched the AbFab Olympics special... this will be all I will watch.
Jul 27, 2012, 9:47am   #8
terps08's Avatar
Member
I just saw this and thought it was so cute!

USA Swim Team does Call Me Maybe video.
Jul 27, 2012, 10:05am   #9
p
Member
i wish i could go . i was thinking of saving money and if it ever comes to the usa i can just drive . then all i have to pay for is a ticket i just want to see opening ceremony in person
Jul 27, 2012, 11:43am   #10
CuTe_ClAsSy's Avatar
Member
I'm so excited! I love the olympics!
Jul 27, 2012, 11:48am   #11
TinksDelite's Avatar
Member
I too love the gymnastics... I remember watching Nadia Comăneci & 'practicing' my gold medal worthy performances in my bedroom when I was little!
(if you are too young.. please don't ask who that is.. I feel old enough with my birthday fast approaching!!)
Jul 27, 2012, 12:12pm   #12
coutureinatl's Avatar
Member
Before the ceremonies start I want to ask are we going to post about results from events that happen in London but have yet to air in the US? If for example you read the results from the Swimming on Sat which does not air until Sat PM here can you PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS!!!! I already know which websites to avoid and I do not want to come to this thread and see " WOW Michael Phelps broke another record in X event" when it will not air for 6 more hours.

I do not know if the title of the thread can be altered but perhaps no result spoilers can be added to the title.

thank you and if my request is a problem no big deal, I will just know to avoid this thread on days that I plan on watching an event that I care about.
Jul 27, 2012, 1:38pm   #13
CuTe_ClAsSy's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by TinksDelite
I too love the gymnastics... I remember watching Nadia Comăneci & 'practicing' my gold medal worthy performances in my bedroom when I was little!
(if you are too young.. please don't ask who that is.. I feel old enough with my birthday fast approaching!!)
I love the gymnastics as well! Nadia was before my time, but I've seen the footage tons of times and totally practiced my gold medal routines when I was little too.
Jul 27, 2012, 1:54pm   #14
Ladybug09's Avatar
Thread Starter
So Sweet!
Originally Posted by coutureinatl
Before the ceremonies start I want to ask are we going to post about results from events that happen in London but have yet to air in the US? If for example you read the results from the Swimming on Sat which does not air until Sat PM here can you PLEASE USE SPOILER TAGS!!!! I already know which websites to avoid and I do not want to come to this thread and see " WOW Michael Phelps broke another record in X event" when it will not air for 6 more hours.

I do not know if the title of the thread can be altered but perhaps no result spoilers can be added to the title.

thank you and if my request is a problem no big deal, I will just know to avoid this thread on days that I plan on watching an event that I care about.
Contact a mod and tell them to post in the tile (Please use SPOILER tags for Results) or something like that. Tell them the original post said she's ok with it.
Jul 27, 2012, 1:55pm   #15
coutureinatl's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Ladybug09
Contact a mod and tell them to post in the tile (Please use SPOILER tags for Results) or something like that. Tell them the original post said she's ok with it.
Thank you for being OK with the change and I will contact the Mod
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Television and Cinema  
TOP

Thread Tools