POST A REPLY

Aug 24, 2010, 2:34pm   #1
From the Wiki:

Melissa & Joey is an ABC Family original television series starring Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence. In January 2010, ABC Family ordered 10 episodes for the show's first season, which premiered on August 17, 2010.

Mel is a local politician from a political family. When a family scandal leaves her niece, Lennox, and nephew, Ryder, without their parents, Mel takes them in. Meanwhile, Joe is a former commodities trader--left bankrupt after a Ponzi scheme--who is searching for a job.[1] So when Mel finds it hard to handle an instant family and her own life, she hires Joe to become the family's new male nanny, or "manny".

Official site: http://abcfamily.go.com/shows/melissa-joey
Aug 24, 2010, 2:36pm   #2
Anybody watch? First impressions?

Doesn't look too bad. I'll give it some time and see how it plays out.
Aug 24, 2010, 3:02pm   #3
~One Day At A Time~
I watched the premiere & thought it was okay. With so many sitcoms out there you can almost guess what's gonna happen next though.
Aug 24, 2010, 3:12pm   #4
Cat Lover TV Watcher
I saw it. I would have liked the it better if they would have made it a sitcom from the movie they did together because they do have good chemistry.
Aug 24, 2010, 3:29pm   #5
born this way
It seems like "Who's the Boss?" to me.
Aug 24, 2010, 3:39pm   #6
love shopping!!!
i loved it. i thought it was funny and cute. can't wait to see the next episode.
and yes, modern day Who's the Boss, IMO. which i loved that show too!
Aug 24, 2010, 3:51pm   #7
In one of the critic reviews, I saw a mention of it being a throwback to the 80s & 90s era of sitcoms which is fine, and probably a good comparison. Yes, the WTB? elements are there.

I really hope they don't do the whole Sam & Diane, Sam & Rebecca, Tony & Angela, Harry & Christine (Night Court), Maxwell & Fran bit though. That gets tiring.
Aug 24, 2010, 4:22pm   #8
Cat Lover TV Watcher
Of course they will I believe that is the whole point.
Aug 27, 2010, 10:23am   #9
b
bcc
The whole time I watched this show, I just kept noticing that Melissa Joan Hart couldn't walk in high heels. Petty, I know, but it drove me up the wall!
Aug 27, 2010, 10:57am   #10
She is a bit clunky. Like she's on stilts and her legs are stiff from the hip to the toe.
Sep 2, 2010, 6:35pm   #11
Hermès Hottie
i saw the pilot of this. it looked cute.
Jun 29, 2011, 2:43pm   #12
Is anybody still watching this? I totally forgot about this show until I started seeing commercials for the summer premiere tonight. I have the reruns on in the background right now.
Jun 29, 2011, 3:04pm   #13
Sucks at budgeting
I have never heard of this show. Odd.
Jun 29, 2011, 4:42pm   #14
*~*Schoolin' Life*~*
Originally Posted by CuTe_ClAsSy
Is anybody still watching this? I totally forgot about this show until I started seeing commercials for the summer premiere tonight. I have the reruns on in the background right now.
*~*I'm watching the marathon right now, it's not too bad. I'll probably keep watching since nothing comes on Wednesday nights.*~*
Jun 29, 2011, 4:42pm   #15
I've got it on too. They're running last season as a catch-up/primer for the new season starting tonight.

It's OK. Better than most of the other new shows. At least it isn't another reality farce.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Television and Cinema