Home > >

GAME of THRONES - HBO - Seasons 1-3 **NO book spoilers!**

POST A REPLY

Apr 17, 2011, 4:47pm   #31
CobaltBlu
Originally Posted by Ladybug09
Oh, I don't care if you give spoilers about the show. I know some people watch and comment on the site as they watch. I just avoid the thread until I watch.

I just don't want to watch the show and then when I come to the thread, someone tells a spoiler from the book that may not occur until the end of the season.
I think that as long as its not something from the book that hasnt been seen on the show, thats OK...but if its a real HUGE spoiler, like what happened to Bill at the end of Big Love, for example, and you JUST saw it, it might be nice to use the spoiler tags.

for example, I am several hours behind the east coast and had to avert my eyes in the TB and BL threads, not that I really mind

Its more important for peeps to have fun and enjoy the thread, I think!

But, since we have the spoiler tags now we may as well use them for some stuff, KWIM?
Apr 17, 2011, 10:07pm   #32
admat97
AHS...Yes!
I really liked it. I can't wait to discuss the show. Enjoy!
Apr 17, 2011, 10:30pm   #33
Ladybug09
So Sweet!
Admat, great catch on this show!

I really enjoyed this episode.

The Lannisters, sneaky, sneaky, sneaky and I'm thinking the Queen's son is not the Kings....

The Blonde people, WOW, that brother is EVil, EVIL, EVIL!!!

And the Drothagians(spelling) SEXY, SEXY, SEXY! LOL For some reason, I believe he is going to be better for the Blonde girl than her brother...

Ned Starks illegitimate son, I already see he will play a BIG role is this series.

Definitely looking forward to the rest of this series.

Lots of incest, ewwww!

That guys who is a dwarf, he gets a lot of roles!!!

I may have to read the book!
Apr 18, 2011, 9:56am   #34
TinksDelite
I need to watch the episode again more carefully.. DH has been in the hospital since Thursday and I'm so exhaused, I was nodding off while watching. I did like what I saw though!
Apr 18, 2011, 11:03am   #35
NYCBelle
oh so fabuleuse
I really liked the show. I will put the book on my to-read list =)

I could have gone without all the incest lol
Apr 18, 2011, 11:31am   #36
admat97
AHS...Yes!
UGH!! It's so hard to to comment on books here!!!!
Apr 18, 2011, 2:36pm   #37
Charles
Sucks at budgeting
Geez! This show is hardcore.
Apr 18, 2011, 3:07pm   #38
Ladybug09
So Sweet!
^^Yup, Poor Bran, and the Wildings in the forest, scary!
Apr 18, 2011, 3:10pm   #39
M
Mimster
I really like the show! It's amazing how they "built" the Wall. I never imagined it like that. I like the cast although I think that they could have lighten the brows of Daenerys, it was kinda distracting as she was supposed to have silvery hair. I can't wait to see the development of Daenerys as the series progresses.

Charles, the book is pretty brutal and intense. Even dh was surprised that I love this series.

Did anyone see the face on the Heart Tree of Winterfell? It was hard to see but it's there. Looks a bit like Treebeard. lol
Apr 18, 2011, 6:10pm   #40
purseprincess32
I've never read the books and the blond girl and her brother.. He is so evil.. and creepy. poor girl :( The episode was pretty good so far. The little boy that was pushed out the window I felt bad for him and his family. His brothers will seek revenge due to his death I'm sure.
Apr 18, 2011, 6:19pm   #41
T
Tharkon88
Awesome stuff!
Apr 18, 2011, 7:53pm   #42
IrisCole
I've been looking forward to this for awhile now, and was not disappointed. The show is really visually interesting. I haven't read the books, and so don't have everyone's name straight yet, but I do think they're doing a pretty good job of introducing the characters.

Can't wait to see what happens next week!
Apr 18, 2011, 9:01pm   #43
Ladybug09
So Sweet!
ARrrrg, I tired to download the books to my Nook, but my library doesn't have it....they only have the audio books.

Yes!!!! My City library has all 4 copies and one anthology with all of them!!!!
Apr 18, 2011, 9:21pm   #44
ame
Originally Posted by Vienne
I'll be watching! Did anyone see The Full Monty? Mark Addy, who plays the King in this series was the dumpy, low self esteem guy in that flick. He was also in A Knight's Tale with Heath Ledger . I think he's a great character actor.
I agree. But holy **** did he pack on the pounds for this role, as did Sean Bean. WOW.

Originally Posted by Ladybug09
The Lannisters, sneaky, sneaky, sneaky and I'm thinking the Queen's son is not the Kings....

The Blonde people, WOW, that brother is EVil, EVIL, EVIL!!!

And the Drothagians(spelling) SEXY, SEXY, SEXY! LOL For some reason, I believe he is going to be better for the Blonde girl than her brother...

Ned Starks illegitimate son, I already see he will play a BIG role is this series.

Definitely looking forward to the rest of this series.

Lots of incest, ewwww!

That guys who is a dwarf, he gets a lot of roles!!!

I may have to read the book!
LOL Peter Dinklage, he is PERFECT for that role. PERFECT.

DH is obsessed with these books so I knew most of the story already but he was KILLING ME with the CONSTANT pausing and explaining. LET ME WATCH IT. SHEESH.

I mostly know how a lot of this will "end" as far as where the books have ended so I am curious if he will ever finish the book series or if he's completely abandoned them for this.
Apr 19, 2011, 6:38am   #45
admat97
AHS...Yes!
I noticed that the characters appear authentic while Camelot looks like modern actors in Renaissance costumes. The kings champion and Gwenevere look like typical HW actors..
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >