Home The Playground Television and Cinema

Don't be tardy for the wedding...

POST A REPLY

Jun 17, 2012, 5:45pm   #316
Semi-banned
I will say Kim's Mom's crazy act made me feel sympathetic to Kim. And that's a first.
Jun 17, 2012, 5:57pm   #317
Think Blue.
Laziza:
America is a melting pot of many cultures. Traditions get watered down and modified generation to generation. Every culture I know has an unwritten respect for parents. It is however considered archaic by western culture in general for anyone to be rude and disrespectful to anyone - being a parent does not give you a pass. Thats called progress for the sake of a more civil society. No one culture is better than the other - we all do the best we can. We are all individuals and not everyone is defined by their culture.
I doubt you would be happy if anyone here made a blanket statement about your country based on a t.v. show and a handful of opinions on some blog. You talk about respect - please show a little.
Jun 17, 2012, 6:06pm   #318
m
Originally Posted by bagnshoofetish
Laziza:
America is a melting pot of many cultures. Traditions get watered down and modified generation to generation. Every culture I know has an unwritten respect for parents. It is however considered archaic by western culture in general for anyone to be rude and disrespectful to anyone - being a parent does not give you a pass. Thats called progress for the sake of a more civil society. No one culture is better than the other - we all do the best we can. We are all individuals and not everyone is defined by their culture.
I doubt you would be happy if anyone here made a blanket statement about your country based on a t.v. show and a handful of opinions on some blog. You talk about respect - please show a little.
Good post! :)
Jun 17, 2012, 6:29pm   #319
Sofa King Spoiled.
Laziza:
Ahhh leave it shoo to put it so eloquently. Bravo.
Jun 17, 2012, 6:31pm   #320
The weather is great, here. And it's going to stay great most of the week.
Jun 17, 2012, 6:37pm   #321
Think Blue.
Originally Posted by LVBagLady
The weather is great, here. And it's going to stay great most of the week.
Its damn hot here!
Jun 17, 2012, 7:07pm   #322
LVoe!
Laziza:
Jun 17, 2012, 7:17pm   #323
I want the pink one
Originally Posted by Laziza
I'm pretty sure crappy parents are everywhere but it's not about the parents, it's about the culture.
In my culture it's disrespectful for kids (whatever age they can be, even in their 50s) to talk too loud to parents. And it's unthinkable to curse them out, drink, smoke, or behave inappropriate in front of them. And it's not about fear, it's about the respect and love that we develop to the parents.

Obviously, thank God, I've never experienced anything like this in my life.
To me these HW shows are like a zoo, where animals start fighting for a piece of meat or something.

I mean no, I've never in my life experienced seeing a middle aged woman who lies about her age, with fake face, fake huge boobs, and a wig on, prostituting herself to a married man for years, while raising her kids, smoking, drinking, cursing in front of them, showing them what a wh*** she is until she finds a young guy who she makes to propose. Next step I'm expecting to be something like Kroy seducing Brianna, or vice versa, considering they have pretty much great chemistry, and he put a ring on her already.

No, I've never seen in my life, and never walked in her shoes, thank God, but it doesn't mean I can't judge them I can
Well Kim is quite a character but her mom was out of line and you seem to be judging her on her past. She's a married woman with a beautiful family and a loving husband. Why would Kroy seduce Brielle? Why would you even suggest something like that? Yikes!
Jun 17, 2012, 10:17pm   #324
cjy
Laziza:
Jun 17, 2012, 10:50pm   #325
Laziza:
well said.

Slightly OT, but I always wanted to ask - are you a writer? Your posts are spot on for what a good majority of us think, but can't quite get it out right on an online forum?
Jun 17, 2012, 10:55pm   #326
Think Blue.
Originally Posted by DC-Cutie
Slightly OT, but I always wanted to ask - are you a writer? Your posts are spot on for what a good majority of us think, but can't quite get it out right on an online forum?
By trade? Nope. But have always loved to write. It doesn't always come out good though ...thanks for the compliment though! I'll take em where I can get em!
Jun 17, 2012, 11:50pm   #327
Well you're wrong. There's nothing "normal" about a mother, IN ANY COUNTRY OR CULTURE, acting like a belligerent drunk child at her kid's wedding. So sit down w/ your broad generalizations about an entire country.

I don't see as I am being insulting. If I am and I hurt anybody's feelings, I'm sorry, that was not my intent. Obviously, there are cultural differences in the way people raise kids in different counties, nothing insulting in pointing this out. In my culture the way Kim behaved was disrespectful, in American culture it seems normal. Most ladies arguing here with me are American, and the show is American, that's why I make my conclusion on it's being normal for your culture.

Regarding the parental sexual abuse, it's not OK, obviously, it's crime, and the person belongs to jail according to the criminal law. Yes, you still can be somehow thankful to that person for actually giving you LIFE, and that's it. But wouldn't you agree that life itself is pretty much a lot to be thankful for?

And to me the way Kim's dad reacted was a sign that he knew his daughter well enough to understand that it's better to shut up, take his drunk wife and leave. They did not belong to this wedding, to this cheap glamour and etc, Kim is ashamed of her parents, and her father knows it. So yes, he just left, but I'm sure his feelings were hurt too. That's how I see it.
Jun 18, 2012, 12:23am   #328
Laziza:
Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 2:01am.
Jun 18, 2012, 1:26am   #329
I love Kim's and Kroy's love story. They are so sweet together and watching their wedding actually made me tear up a bit.

Kroy is the epitome of a gentleman. Not only does he love Kim, but he genuinely loves her daughters as well. You can totally see that by the way Arianna hugs and looks at him. It's so great to see them all happy.

As for the record, I grew up in a very traditional and strict family. If my mom were to act like Karen, I, too, would kick her out. She was so wrong on so many levels. Karen is a grown woman, yet she is acts so childish and selfish!

I am a mother myself and I would never act that way to my child or his future spouse. I'd be damned if I did!

And what is wrong with Laziza? You have such a sick twisted way of thinking that Kroy is trying to seduce Brianna. It's really demented of you to think that. He has been a great father to these girls and genuinely loves them as his own. For you to think of something and accuse him of something like that is just so wrong on so many levels.
Jun 18, 2012, 1:37am   #330
...Next step I'm expecting to be something like Kroy seducing Brianna, or vice versa, considering they have pretty much great chemistry, and he put a ring on her already.
Kroy giving the girls a ring is not a sexual overture, it was a symbolic way of including and welcoming the girls into the new family. It's a way of showing they are loved and cared for by their new Dad.

In my culture the way Kim behaved was disrespectful, in American culture it seems normal. Most ladies arguing here with me are American, and the show is American, that's why I make my conclusion on it's being normal for your culture.
One reality show or forum thread does not a country make!
Last edited Jun 18, 2012 at 2:24am.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Television and Cinema