Home The Playground Television and Cinema

"Bethenny Ever After" -- February 2011 Bravo


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Apr 10, 2012, 9:04am   #2401
DC-Cutie's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Longchamp
It sounds to me Julie left because of BF not Bethenny.

Bethenny less maniac this week. If she can stay like this, they should be okay.
somehow I think it was a combination of both - wanting to be with her BF and just tired of working for Bethenny. She's been with her from day one.

It takes a certain kind of person to be a personal assistant, because at some point your life is no longer your life. You have to live, eat and sleep the other person, everything about you gets put on the back burner.
Apr 10, 2012, 9:16am   #2402
wordpast's Avatar
Member
It seemed to me to be a combination of both, but I bet if she didn't have the BF she would have toughed it out for a couple more years.
Apr 10, 2012, 10:29am   #2403
g
guccimamma
i wonder how much she paid julie. if the money was remarkable, i doubt she'd run back to pittsburgh.
Apr 10, 2012, 11:28am   #2404
Sassys's Avatar
Common Sense is Free
Originally Posted by guccimamma
i wonder how much she paid julie. if the money was remarkable, i doubt she'd run back to pittsburgh.

I recall, when she promoted her she said $55K a year
Apr 10, 2012, 11:30am   #2405
chowlover2's Avatar
Member
For living in NYC and having no personal life, that's not alot of money. In Pittsburgh it would be, but your life is not your own working for Bethenny, or anyone as a PA for that matter.
Apr 10, 2012, 11:47am   #2406
Nishi621's Avatar
Member
I missed the beginning, but, why is Julie leaving and where is she going?
Apr 10, 2012, 11:49am   #2407
Nishi621's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Sassys
I recall, when she promoted her she said $55K a year

55k a year for a personal assistant to someone who is now as famous and wealthy as Bethenny? And, Julie has to appear on the TV show? that is BS
Apr 10, 2012, 12:09pm   #2408
chowlover2's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Nishi621
55k a year for a personal assistant to someone who is now as famous and wealthy as Bethenny? And, Julie has to appear on the TV show? that is BS
And model in her shapewear line...
Apr 10, 2012, 12:12pm   #2409
Sassys's Avatar
Common Sense is Free
Originally Posted by Nishi621
55k a year for a personal assistant to someone who is now as famous and wealthy as Bethenny? And, Julie has to appear on the TV show? that is BS
That is pretty standard for an assistant in NYC (also depends on what industry you are in). Plus she gets money for the show (lets say an additional $25K a year). My assistant makes $40K (I have no control over it). Assistants in NYC that are in the media/entertainment feel have lower salaries, because they get so many other perks (more vacation, invites to parties, free swag)

I my friend's cousin is assisant to a very well know designer and she gets $60K (she is the second assistant). I also use to know an assistant in the financial world that made $95K, but she was ALWAYS on beck and call for her boss, and had to hop on planes a moments notice. She had no life and hated it.
Apr 10, 2012, 1:13pm   #2410
m
Member
Originally Posted by Nishi621
55k a year for a personal assistant to someone who is now as famous and wealthy as Bethenny? And, Julie has to appear on the TV show? that is BS
She get paid by Bravo to be on the show
Apr 10, 2012, 6:08pm   #2411
Sinful Indulgences's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by DC-Cutie
somehow I think it was a combination of both - wanting to be with her BF and just tired of working for Bethenny. She's been with her from day one.

It takes a certain kind of person to be a personal assistant, because at some point your life is no longer your life. You have to live, eat and sleep the other person, everything about you gets put on the back burner.
Originally Posted by Nishi621
55k a year for a personal assistant to someone who is now as famous and wealthy as Bethenny? And, Julie has to appear on the TV show? that is BS
It's tough to be a personal assistant, it's doubly hard to be B's assistant. Without her family and BF there, it makes it even more difficult. I'm sure it's a combination of reasons, the BF explanation gives her a graceful exit without ruffling anyone's feathers.
Apr 10, 2012, 6:09pm   #2412
Nishi621's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Sassys
That is pretty standard for an assistant in NYC (also depends on what industry you are in). Plus she gets money for the show (lets say an additional $25K a year). My assistant makes $40K (I have no control over it). Assistants in NYC that are in the media/entertainment feel have lower salaries, because they get so many other perks (more vacation, invites to parties, free swag)

I my friend's cousin is assisant to a very well know designer and she gets $60K (she is the second assistant). I also use to know an assistant in the financial world that made $95K, but she was ALWAYS on beck and call for her boss, and had to hop on planes a moments notice. She had no life and hated it.
I live in NYC, had no idea they were paid so cheaply, eesh. not worth it! I know truck drivers who make that much
Apr 10, 2012, 9:08pm   #2413
midg613's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Grace123
I loved that bag Bethenny was carrying while they were furniture shopping. The houndstooth Speedy with the green/red strips. No clue what it is but looks like a baby of a Gucci and a Ralph Lauren.

Anyone know?
I'm on the prowl looking for it....sure was a nice looking bag.
Apr 11, 2012, 8:30am   #2414
Grace123's Avatar
Hopelessly Obsessed
Originally Posted by midg613
I'm on the prowl looking for it....sure was a nice looking bag.
I found out it's a Gucci Houndstooth Boston bag from 2011. I'm going to search it out myself. Good luck to us.
Apr 11, 2012, 10:57am   #2415
g
guccimamma
double that and it still wouldn't be enough to live in NY. once taxes come out of it, it's nothing.

she has no strong reason to stay, bethany hit it big...i hope she gave her some kind of bonus when the deal was done.
POST A REPLY
  HOME The Playground Television and Cinema  
TOP

Thread Tools