Up to 50% Off Big Brown Bag Sale

ASOS

Black Friday 30% Off With Code: TGIBF
Home > >

Any Young and the Restless fans?

POST A REPLY

Jul 27, 2012, 9:01am   #5461
nazaluke
I had totally forgotten about all this stuff...wow! Thanks!

Originally Posted by melissatrv
I thought he did not rape her but sexually harassed her...then attacked her...Personally I liked Michael better when he had more edege...his character is too complacent now.

here is what it says on wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Baldwin

Michael, now forced to work as a paralegal, returned to Genoa City four years later, determined to get revenge on Christine. He did this by representing Phyllis Summers, with whom he also had a brief affair, in the custody battle for her son, Daniel Romalotti. Christine, who was representing the father, Danny Romalotti, ultimately won the case. Michael and Phyllis still remain friends. Months later, Michael begged Christine to help him get his law license back. She agreed, but only after Michael donated a kidney to Danny.

Michael was released from jail and convinced Christine that he was a changed man, so she testified for him and his legal license was reinstated under Chris's watchful eye. The cocky and very successful Michael was a constant thorn in Christine's side, but somehow convinced her to join him in starting a law practice together, Baldwin, Blair & Associates (formerly Baldwin, Williams & Associates). The practice was so successful that she again put having a family on hold, causing a great rift in her marriage to Paul.

More here

Michael was a mentor to budding lawyer Christine Blair. The two were working well together until, after winning a court case, Michael kissed Christine and became obsessed and began harassing her. Soon after, Michael tried to rape her. When Paul Williams tried to save her, Michael shot him. Michael was sentenced to four years in jail. Michael (now forced to work as a paralegal) returned to Genoa City, determined to get revenge on Christine.

He did this by representing Phyllis Summers in the custody battle for her son, Daniel. Christine, who was representing the father, Danny Romalotti, ultimately won the case. Michael and Phyllis are still friends. Months later, Michael begged Christine to help him get his law license back. She agreed after Michael donated a kidney to Danny, who got stabbed. Michael convinced Christine that he was a changed man, so she testified for him and his legal license was reinstated under her watchful eye.

http://theyoungandtherestless.wikia....ichael_Baldwin

The cocky and very successful Michael somehow convinced her to join him in starting a law practice together, Baldwin and Blair. Isabella Brana didn't want to tell Paul that she was pregnant because she felt that he loved Chrisine, so she had a brief affair with Michael and told him that he was the father. Just as Michael was softening to the idea of a child and a future with Isabella, Paul found out about the baby's paternity and wanted to be a father to the child.
Jul 27, 2012, 9:03am   #5462
nazaluke
Sounds like bad new for Genoa City...just when it was getting really interesting again!

Originally Posted by janesBydiction
Don't know if you guys heard the great news (sarcasm) but Jill Farren Phelps is the new executive producer now and MAB is out. Josh Griffith is the new head writer at YR.

Pros
-No MAB.
-Josh was the YR head writer during the Writers Strike from 07-08, which was a great time story line wise for the show.

Cons
-JFP is known as a soap killer. Many of the ladies who watch GH, AW and OLTL have nothing but awful things to say about how she ran their shows into the ground by destroying core families.
-Others have said JFP hates minorities, women over 50, and not so skinny women. They say the Winters family will be destroyed and that JFP called Genie Francis fat when at GH.

People are saying Genie Francis (Genevieve) will eventually leave because of her awful history with JFP at GH.

Looks like the behind the scenes drama is way more interesting than the script for the show! Apparently MAB was in tears and all the actors just found out when everyone else did.
Jul 27, 2012, 10:39am   #5463
kittenslingerie
Go Saints!
They needed something new as far as writing and such. The show has been so boring and I do not like the direction that any of the story lines are taking. I have been DVR-ing it and purposely watching the next day because they don't deserve my ratings as long as the story lines are this bad. I've loved this show for so many many years but lately I could care less if I even watch it. I spend most of my time fast forwarding.
They have already destroyed many of the core families this year. All Victors children constantly betray him, Sharon has sexed the entire Newman clan, the Abotts all leave town except Jack, etc...
Jul 28, 2012, 12:02am   #5464
swags
I really liked the Ricky storylines and though I was tired of Daisy, I liked how they tied it in to get rid of her.

Speaking of, it sounds like they are setting it up for her to possibly come back. Kind of like Shelia although I preferred Shelia. She was sinister. Daisy is nuts but doesn't have the true villian thing down.
Jul 28, 2012, 10:03am   #5465
kittenslingerie
Go Saints!
Originally Posted by swags
I really liked the Ricky storylines and though I was tired of Daisy, I liked how they tied it in to get rid of her.

Speaking of, it sounds like they are setting it up for her to possibly come back. Kind of like Shelia although I preferred Shelia. She was sinister. Daisy is nuts but doesn't have the true villian thing down.
I liked Daisy and Ricky, they added entertainment. They should have just kept them bad, but not made them murder or at least made us wonder if they murdered.
Jul 28, 2012, 11:37am   #5466
swags
I liked on Fridays episode when Sharon was holding the clutch at Fenmores and Lauren removed it from her rather briskly. Also liked Chelsea taking her down a notch since she had just been rude to Nikki.
Jul 28, 2012, 12:54pm   #5467
melissatrv
I read somewhere that Daisy's departure is the end for her....that she is the most disliked character in Y&R history and fans don't want to see her redeemed. And that the fans just wanted her gone and never resurrected. Wish they would listen to the fans about Victor and Sharon.

You know what I am surprised about.....that Victor does not have any secret children that show up on the scene. Seems every shows patriac has some secret child from the unknown past that comes out of the woodwork....Victor only has Adam, but we knew about him and Victor was married to Hope. There was Cole, but he ended up not being Victor's son. I know it is a frequently recycled story, but still surprised they have not used it. I did mention before I would like to see some secret daughter from Nikki's stripping days show up. They don't utlize Nikki's past as much as they could
Jul 28, 2012, 1:51pm   #5468
nova_girl

I LOVE Sheila, she's absolutely one of my favorite soap characters. I love when she comes back.

I read somewhere that Daisy's departure is the end for her....that she is the most disliked character in Y&R history and fans don't want to see her redeemed. And that the fans just wanted her gone and never resurrected. Wish they would listen to the fans about Victor and Sharon.

You know what I am surprised about.....that Victor does not have any secret children that show up on the scene. Seems every shows patriac has some secret child from the unknown past that comes out of the woodwork....Victor only has Adam, but we knew about him and Victor was married to Hope. There was Cole, but he ended up not being Victor's son. I know it is a frequently recycled story, but still surprised they have not used it. I did mention before I would like to see some secret daughter from Nikki's stripping days show up. They don't utlize Nikki's past as much as they could
That's a great idea, and I agree that it would be interesting to have some people/things come back from Nikki's past.
Aug 2, 2012, 8:19am   #5469
swags
Do you guys like Ghost John Abbot? I liked John Abott but not loving the ghost appearances. He's always offering Jack some counsel that Jack should alread know.
Aug 2, 2012, 10:19am   #5470
melissatrv
I love those episodes! It is so nice to see him back and a nice nod to the show's history.

Ashley is leaving the show from what I read so it is is a nice way to send her off and have Traci come back also

Do you guys like Ghost John Abbot? I liked John Abott but not loving the ghost appearances. He's always offering Jack some counsel that Jack should alread know.
Aug 2, 2012, 11:19am   #5471
Chantilly0379
Cajun Mama

Now that would be interesting to see. Esp how brat Victoria would react to that one!
Aug 3, 2012, 10:15am   #5472
swags
Why does Victor get married on his plane? Why not get out of the plane and enjoy Vegas or Lake Tahoe?
I am looking forward to seeing todays episode. He better not ruin Nikki's day after marrying that hobag daughter in law of his!
Aug 7, 2012, 9:51am   #5473
swags
I was so sad that Nikki left her marital bed to frantically try and call Victor!
Aug 10, 2012, 10:52am   #5474
Chantilly0379
Cajun Mama
I was so sad that Nikki left her marital bed to frantically try and call Victor!
OMG, Nikki gets on my nerves! Go worry about your husband!

We need some spoilers b/c whats up with Victor's disappareance. OMG and then Nikki takes Victor's cell phone and txts that message to Sharon. She's such a bish!
Aug 10, 2012, 8:45pm   #5475
kittenslingerie
Go Saints!
I hate Nikki with Jack, fast forward all their scenes. I want Nikki with Victor and Sharon is just a joke at this point. They have really ruined her character. I'm starting to wonder if they are running her out of town or something. They've done everything they can to get the audience to dislike her, which is sad because I think the character has much more potential.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >