Home Contemporary Designers Rebecca Minkoff

What is/are your favorite OLD SCHOOL RM Bag/s? PICTURES please...

POST A REPLY

Feb 19, 2012, 10:38am   #241
RM ~ Bal ~ LV
I don't believe so. Maybe it's just a little more stretched out?
Feb 19, 2012, 10:53am   #242
Originally Posted by Fashion1
I don't believe so. Maybe it's just a little more stretched out?
Hmm maybe I will measure. Anyone here are pictures for this thread !!

Feb 19, 2012, 11:01am   #243
Adrift and At Peace
Originally Posted by MoneyPennie

I don't have a newer MAB for comparison, but the handles on my MAB are the same length as my newer MAMs. That said, the "droop" of the MAB does make wearing it on the shoulder a more comfy than the MAM - it squishes against my side more, if that makes sense.
Feb 19, 2012, 11:03am   #244
Originally Posted by MoneyPennie

This post ^^^ is why you should never trust your iPhone. I meant anyway *
Feb 19, 2012, 11:36am   #245

Ok here are some pics I took. The black cat handles are .5 inch narrower (in placement) then the chocolate and the out side handle measurement is the same but the inside measurement (since chocolates handles are thinner ) has over .5 inch more space.

Had to satisfy my curiosity. However my tangerine is the same as my chocolate so I think it's my black cat that's the odd duck.
Mar 18, 2012, 1:52am   #246
just passing through
Emerald MAB with FDL lining

Dark Gray Mattie with black & white floral lining

Mar 18, 2012, 11:11pm   #247
Crazy Handbag Lady
even though the style doesn't work for me, just thought i'd add to this thread since this bag is truly old school.... i think 2007?? i love the blue patent leather w/ the bright blue zipper track and long finished tassels!!!!

BLUE PATENT MORNING AFTER HOBO
Attached Images

Mar 19, 2012, 1:05am   #248
OS black MAB with blue zip

Mar 21, 2012, 8:23am   #249
Adrift and At Peace
How could I have neglected to post photos of my OS beauties in this thread???

Here they are - light gray Mattie with brass HW and B/W floral lining, and Gradient Wine MAB, also with brass HW and B/W paisley lining (my favorite lining - so incredibly soft!!). Love both these ladies to bits!!
Attached Images

Jun 13, 2012, 6:37pm   #250
Crazy Handbag Lady
OLD SCHOOL FANS!!!

check out the lining on this OS Emerald MAM!!! I'VE NEVER EVER SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE AND IT'S NOT POSTED ANYWHERE IN THE LINING REFERENCE THREAD..... THIS HAS TO BE SUPER DUPER OLD SCHOOL!!!

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Rebe...r-bag/82387827
Jun 13, 2012, 7:24pm   #251
her?
Originally Posted by ceedoan
OLD SCHOOL FANS!!!

check out the lining on this OS Emerald MAM!!! I'VE NEVER EVER SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE AND IT'S NOT POSTED ANYWHERE IN THE LINING REFERENCE THREAD..... THIS HAS TO BE SUPER DUPER OLD SCHOOL!!!

That's a super old bag, good eye. Not emerald though-emerald is the same kind of leather as wine, tomato, dark grey. I actually have a bag with the same lining that I bought a while back-a real fixer upper. Hoping to rehab it in the future.
Jun 22, 2012, 12:14pm   #252
just passing through
I wore my OS Royal Blue Basketweave MAB again after a looonng time! She went for a rehab (handles rehab, that is ) and look at her now

Jun 22, 2012, 12:17pm   #253
just passing through
Old school leathers are the best!!!! I tell you, the leather on the RBBW MAB is even thicker, more pebbly and chewy than my OB Balenciaga! I wish RM brings back these kind of leathers!

Jun 23, 2012, 12:00pm   #254
Bag Content
Originally Posted by ceedoan
OLD SCHOOL FANS!!!

That Green old school bag is quite pretty. ( I LOVE green!) I'd really like to see what the handles look like though. They are conveniently missing from the pics. .
Aug 18, 2012, 1:12am   #255
just passing through
Re-quoting MAGJES and loveuga about what an "Old School RM" is...

Originally Posted by MAGJES
I consider old school bags to be the ones with the old school brass hardware (some silver) with the rounded "D" ring (MAM & MAB) and long finished tassels.
The old school period ended long before production went overseas.

Old school stopped when signature hardware bags came out. Signature Hardware bags were made in the US and they are not what I consider to be old school bags. After Signature bags came the short finished tassel bags with the new mixed hardware and these were made in the US as well. Examples of these were...Lapis, Coral, Leaf, Periwinkle, Pool, Mint, .....
After that came the glazed bags....Olive and Burgundy (the last US made bags). They have long unfinished tassels, mixed hardware, and the famous black/white floral lining. I love these bags.
Then production went overseas.....Envy, Bright Royal, Plum...etc...were the first bags to be produced overseas and IMO they were inferior in many ways. I took a break buying bags at that time. I'm loving the new leather that RM came out with recenlty....Tangerine, Moss, Beige Pink.
Originally Posted by loveuga
Could not have said it better! Literally. ITA with this post... because Mags has dabbled in all sorts of RM's, so she knows the timeline of old school better than I do.

Signature bags, IMO, also marked the end of the true old school bags... which had the brass (or silver) hw with the D rings on MABs and MAMs and the finished tassels.

Where are your old school bags, lady? I know you have some...
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Rebecca Minkoff