Home Contemporary Designers Rebecca Minkoff

RM Nikki Pictures & Chat! (2)

POST A REPLY

Jun 16, 2012, 3:27pm   #1411
happy
Originally Posted by ceedoan
time to revive this beloved NIKKI lovers thread!!!

mystery color Nikki i'm calling "Almond" since she looks like almond to me w/ gunmetal hw and blue/black pd lining!
you finally got a nikki cee! it is absolutely gorgeous! i love the camel color & wow, it looks perfect with gm hw! congrats & enjoy! modeling pics??
Sep 23, 2012, 10:40pm   #1412
RM ~ Bal ~ LV
Ok Nikki lovers - Is the Nikki like the MAB, where the large size has 3 inner slip pockets and the Mini has 2? I'm looking at a picture of an old school black Nikki and it only has 2 large slip pockets but it doesn't look like a mini ... Thanks all!
Sep 23, 2012, 10:49pm   #1413
her?
Originally Posted by Fashion1
Ok Nikki lovers - Is the Nikki like the MAB, where the large size has 3 inner slip pockets and the Mini has 2? I'm looking at a picture of an old school black Nikki and it only has 2 large slip pockets but it doesn't look like a mini ... Thanks all!
it's been a while since i've had a mini nikki, but the nikkis i owned had 3 slip pockets...and i *think* the minis i used to own had 2.
Sep 26, 2012, 9:20pm   #1414
Originally Posted by Fashion1
I just got a wine Nikki and it has 3 pockets.
Nov 18, 2012, 11:13pm   #1415
Hi girls I have never had a Nikki, I am thinking about buying one my question is does the top have to slouch all the way down or could it stay up while you wear it...thanks
Nov 19, 2012, 9:38am   #1416
*~*Schoolin' Life*~*
Originally Posted by bellabags23
Hi girls I have never had a Nikki, I am thinking about buying one my question is does the top have to slouch all the way down or could it stay up while you wear it...thanks
*~*My guess is that (initially) it could stay up while you wear it, but with a Nikki it will naturally slouch down the more you wear it.*~*
Nov 19, 2012, 9:55am   #1417
Dreamer of dreams
I think all nikkis will slouch with time, some will right away because of the soft leather. Though I wonder if the stiffer leathers like the haze leathers would stay up more?
Nov 19, 2012, 12:18pm   #1418
Dr. Love
Totally depends on the leather, but in theory-- you can make any Nikki slouch! Hanging them on doorknobs filled with things is a great way to break in the leather.

Some of mine are slouchier than others, just due to leather and use... SS Noir, SS Taupe, Resort Black Nikki, and Stonewash Blue Nikki

Stiffer Nikkis I own include GE Nikki, GA Nikki...
Nov 19, 2012, 12:23pm   #1419
Bag Content
Originally Posted by bellabags23
I think the design and appeal of the Nikki for most of the ladaies is the way it does slouch down when you wear it so that it's comfy and gives you "extra" arm room.
Nov 19, 2012, 12:42pm   #1420
Adrift and At Peace
Originally Posted by MAGJES
I think the design and appeal of the Nikki for most of the ladaies is the way it does slouch down when you wear it so that it's comfy and gives you "extra" arm room.
I agree. Since there's not a huge amount of strap drop on Nikki, without the slouch, I think the top of the bag would be riding very uncomfortably up in my arm pit most of the time.
Nov 20, 2012, 6:07am   #1421
Till I drop...
My Red Nikki was my first RM. The color is amazing and it sits so comfortably on the shoulder. I loved it and it was my go to bag until I got my purple python MAC - and now it just sits on the shelf. I'm sure I'll pull it out again eventually...
Nov 20, 2012, 9:51pm   #1422
m
My first RM was a Nikki too A mini-Nikki in Brown Bear. The leather is gorgeous!
Nov 21, 2012, 4:41pm   #1423
Boys <3 RM!!
Great thread!

I thought I'd post a pic of my "daily wearer"
A black Nikki a got a couple of years ago at Plaza Too in Westport, CT
The leather is SOOOO soft, thick and slouchy- still has a wonderfully "leather" smell after all these years too!

Name:  image-2524940808.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  488.8 KB

Name:  image-2524607540.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  443.3 KB

Name:  image-2264400344.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  463.0 KB
Nov 21, 2012, 8:12pm   #1424
Originally Posted by marcinthemiddle
Great thread!

I thought I'd post a pic of my "daily wearer"
A black Nikki a got a couple of years ago at Plaza Too in Westport, CT
The leather is SOOOO soft, thick and slouchy- still has a wonderfully "leather" smell after all these years too!

Attachment 1955130

Attachment 1955131

Attachment 1955134
What a beauty!

Sigh. This is making me want a Nikki, now. Too bad RM discontinued it.
Nov 21, 2012, 8:14pm   #1425
Boys <3 RM!!
Originally Posted by anthrosphere

What a beauty!

Sigh. This is making me want a Nikki, now. Too bad they're discontinued.
You should totally get one!
Discontinued? OMG!!!
Nooooo!!! :(
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Rebecca Minkoff