Home Contemporary Designers Rebecca Minkoff

Rebecca Minkoff Fakes, Knockoffs, Insired by, Etc..

POST A REPLY

May 18, 2012, 1:35pm   #931
Intervention Friday?
I just saw the Urban Expressions Rapture 'Hayden' on Ebags/ I know it was posted a few pages back, but for the same place that carries / carried the original Rapture, how can they go and sell the pleather knockoff on the same site? Here it is on Ebags Aren't they jeopardizing their agreement to sell RMs, if they are selling blatant knockoffs of her bags?
May 18, 2012, 7:53pm   #932
likes giraffes
Saw this at DSW the other day.

Jun 14, 2012, 6:08pm   #933
Piemaker
I just saw these at Nordstrom Rack. WTF? They are giant sized, like weekenders. Right next to a rack of real RMs.

Name:  2012-06-14_13-46-29_88.jpg
Views: 806
Size:  67.7 KB
Jun 14, 2012, 10:16pm   #934
Crazy Handbag Lady
Originally Posted by mockinglee
I just saw these at Nordstrom Rack. WTF? They are giant sized, like weekenders. Right next to a rack of real RMs.

Attachment 1757672

omg, that's so outta control!! they look like frankenbags!!
Jun 25, 2012, 11:43am   #935
I was at Charming Charlie's near Tampa a few weeks ago. They had these bright aqua-colored "ostrich" embossed MAC ripoffs with super light and cheap feeling hardware and zippers that barely worked right. I compared them with my MAC and pointed it out to my non-bag obsessed mother. (I'm still trying to get her to understand that a higher priced bag is generally going to be of much higher quality than a crappy $20 bag made of some weird faux leather material.)

Anyway I would have taken a pic, but a SA came up to me and asked me if I'd like him to take one of the fakes down from the rack to look at. I smiled, shook my head, and held up my real MAC, then told him that "the company you work for copied one of my favorite designers and they did a sh*t job." Needless to say, he avoided me after that
Jun 25, 2012, 11:45am   #936
Adrift and At Peace
Originally Posted by AlinaRose
I was at Charming Charlie's near Tampa a few weeks ago. They had these bright aqua-colored "ostrich" embossed MAC ripoffs with super light and cheap feeling hardware and zippers that barely worked right. I compared them with my MAC and pointed it out to my non-bag obsessed mother. (I'm still trying to get her to understand that a higher priced bag is generally going to be of much higher quality than a crappy $20 bag made of some weird faux leather material.)

Anyway I would have taken a pic, but a SA came up to me and asked me if I'd like him to take one of the fakes down from the rack to look at. I smiled, shook my head, and held up my real MAC, then told him that "the company you work for copied one of my favorite designers and they did a sh*t job." Needless to say, he avoided me after that
Lol! Awesome response!!
Jun 25, 2012, 7:39pm   #937
Crazy Handbag Lady

BAD A$$!!! u go girl!!! i would've done the same thing oh btw, we're turkish stripe bag cousins! i own the cherish tote version
Jun 25, 2012, 8:45pm   #938
Dreamer of dreams

I saw that today and took a picture.
Attached Images

Jun 25, 2012, 8:46pm   #939
Dreamer of dreams
And the other day I was surprised to see an urban expressions knock off of the boy toy.
Attached Images

Jun 26, 2012, 12:29pm   #940
BagsBunni
Saw this in tjmaxx for $16.99

Name:  image-1796589024.jpg
Views: 780
Size:  564.9 KB
Jun 26, 2012, 6:48pm   #941
Adrift and At Peace
Originally Posted by Hisgeekygrrrl

And the other day I was surprised to see an urban expressions knock off of the boy toy.
Originally Posted by Swtshan7
Gah! The insanity! They look so shoddy in comparison to the real deal.
Jun 27, 2012, 12:33pm   #942
Originally Posted by ceedoan
BAD A$$!!! u go girl!!! i would've done the same thing oh btw, we're turkish stripe bag cousins! i own the cherish tote version
woo hoo! isn't it such a great pattern for summer? best part is I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in the world with the MAC version.

yep that's the one. blech.
Jul 4, 2012, 10:50pm   #943
I just HATE copycats!!! SO MUCH
Jul 5, 2012, 1:31am   #944
PURSE WH@R3
Originally Posted by Swtshan7

Attachment 1772094
LOL or the tag should say "No Bueno"!!!
Jul 5, 2012, 1:46pm   #945