Home Contemporary Designers Rebecca Minkoff

Hey it's june..... Time to swoon (over our new bags!!!)


POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Jun 6, 2012, 12:21pm   #46
TaraP's Avatar
Bruno Von PepFried<3
Originally Posted by doi
I actually got her from super sweet and nice seller and tPFer towards the end of May, but I only got to pick her up at the courier's last Saturday. Here she is:

Black Mini MAC with GM hardware.

Isn't she a pretty, pretty thing??? She's my first gunmetal!!! Definitely not my last!!!
So so so pretty! The leather looks gorgeous and the blue zipper track
p-o-p-s to add that perfect amount coolness .... Congrats!

Originally Posted by ceedoan
i'll have goodies to share soon!! my cupid somehow got sorted to the wrong destination and ended up in Kansas!!
Get out! I'm sorry, that blows.. I've been dying to know which color you chose. I hope it redirects fast and you have her before you know it...

Originally Posted by JRabbit
Eagerly awaiting my new cupid babies!!! Will post later I loooooove the cupid
Yay!! Can't wait to see....
Jun 6, 2012, 12:27pm   #47
sandc's Avatar
likes giraffes
Originally Posted by doi
I actually got her from super sweet and nice seller and tPFer towards the end of May, but I only got to pick her up at the courier's last Saturday. Here she is:

Black Mini MAC with GM hardware.

Isn't she a pretty, pretty thing??? She's my first gunmetal!!! Definitely not my last!!!
Love! I have a black ink mac with gunmetal that I still love. It's a great combo!
Jun 6, 2012, 3:29pm   #48
ceedoan's Avatar
Thread Starter
Crazy Handbag Lady
Originally Posted by TaraP
Get out! I'm sorry, that blows.. I've been dying to know which color you chose. I hope it redirects fast and you have her before you know it...
thanks for feeling my pain! my super awesome and sweet seller wrote the address correctly but the usps people got the zip code wrong when they put it in the computer so hence.... to kansas poor cupid went! this wait is making me really antsy and actually even more excited to get her!!
Last edited Jun 6, 2012 at 3:39pm.
Jun 6, 2012, 4:31pm   #49
ceedoan's Avatar
Thread Starter
Crazy Handbag Lady
still waiting on my cupid after the little mishap (boo on u usps!! ) BUT i feel SO GIDDY bc......

TURKISH STRIPE w/ OSTRICH TRIM CHERISH TOTE ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!! whoo hoo!! I LOVE IT!!! finally ventured into "tote territory" and it's just perfect!!!!!! i posted tons of pics on my thread page 21!!! WOOT!!!
Attached Images
 
Last edited Jun 6, 2012 at 6:02pm.
Jun 6, 2012, 5:54pm   #50
scoobiesmomma's Avatar
♥♥♥
Originally Posted by ceedoan
still waiting on my cupid after the little mishape (boo on u usps!! ) BUT i feel SO GIDDY bc......

TURKISH STRIPE w/ OSTRICH TRIM CHERISH TOTE ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!! whoo hoo!! I LOVE IT!!! finally ventured into "tote territory" and it's just perfect!!!!!! i posted tons of pics on my thread page 21!!! WOOT!!!
I LOVE this cee!!! Where O where did you find it???
Jun 6, 2012, 6:24pm   #51
ceedoan's Avatar
Thread Starter
Crazy Handbag Lady
Originally Posted by scoobiesmomma
I LOVE this cee!!! Where O where did you find it???
scoobie - i got this one off the bay NWOT, but i know Saks and revolve both have them in stock and on sale ($276 at Saks and $222 on revolve). it's super duper cute, but i still can't believe retail on this baby was $395 and it completely sold out on rm.com and bloomie's when it first came out!!!!! i'm thinkin bc of the amount of ostrich embossed leather that's on the bag, but still!! Saks also has the MAC version on sale as well and the BF version was listed on the first day of the OSS but sold out within hours
Jun 7, 2012, 12:04pm   #52
ceedoan's Avatar
Thread Starter
Crazy Handbag Lady
Originally Posted by tarap



get out! I'm sorry, that blows.. I've been dying to know which color you chose. I hope it redirects fast and you have her before you know it...

.

cobalt!!!!! and she's out for delivery as of this morning whoo hoo!!!
Jun 7, 2012, 5:07pm   #53
ceedoan's Avatar
Thread Starter
Crazy Handbag Lady
SHE'S HERE!!! SHE'S HERE!!!!!!!

COBALT CUPID W/ SILVER HW AND BLUE/BLACK PD LINING!!!

I POSTED TONS MORE PICS ON MY THREAD AS WELL AS MOD SHOTS AND COMPARISON SHOTS BETWEEN CUPID AND MAM - PAGE 22!!!
Attached Images
 
Jun 7, 2012, 6:38pm   #54
rx4dsoul's Avatar
chicken soup & bags!
Originally Posted by doi
I actually got her from super sweet and nice seller and tPFer towards the end of May, but I only got to pick her up at the courier's last Saturday. Here she is:

Black Mini MAC with GM hardware.

Isn't she a pretty, pretty thing??? She's my first gunmetal!!! Definitely not my last!!!
Omg the leather on this is gorgeous!
Jun 7, 2012, 7:22pm   #55
doi's Avatar
doi
D.
Originally Posted by TaraP

So so so pretty! The leather looks gorgeous and the blue zipper track
p-o-p-s to add that perfect amount coolness .... Congrats!
Thanks, Tara! You know, people would probably find me strange...but, one time, I actually was wondering how I could make that blue zipper track black. Lol! I'm going to run for cover now! Some people may end up throwing things at me. Lol. It was just that one time!
Jun 7, 2012, 7:25pm   #56
doi's Avatar
doi
D.
Originally Posted by sandc

Love! I have a black ink mac with gunmetal that I still love. It's a great combo!
I remember that! I loved that one and was one of the reasons why I even thought about getting a Mini MAC! I knew one day I was going to have a black with gunmetal because of your one.
Jun 7, 2012, 7:26pm   #57
doi's Avatar
doi
D.
Originally Posted by ceedoan
SHE'S HERE!!! SHE'S HERE!!!!!!!

COBALT CUPID W/ SILVER HW AND BLUE/BLACK PD LINING!!!

I POSTED TONS MORE PICS ON MY THREAD AS WELL AS MOD SHOTS AND COMPARISON SHOTS BETWEEN CUPID AND MAM - PAGE 22!!!
She's...wow!!!! Okay, heading to your thread in just a bit.
Jun 7, 2012, 7:36pm   #58
doi's Avatar
doi
D.
Originally Posted by rx4dsoul

Omg the leather on this is gorgeous!
Thanks, rx! It's REALLY nice and soft. Just weird though - I don't smell the leather on it? I love the smell of leather and I just really don't smell it on any RM bag (the Noir has this nice smell, but not "leather" smell) I have, including the BBW SO I just got. It might be that the smell faded already, but my LV Nomade Lockit and Empreinte Wallet I got last year still has that nice, thick leather scent. I don't get it.
Jun 7, 2012, 8:05pm   #59
rx4dsoul's Avatar
chicken soup & bags!
Originally Posted by doi

Thanks, rx! It's REALLY nice and soft. Just weird though - I don't smell the leather on it? I love the smell of leather and I just really don't smell it on any RM bag (the Noir has this nice smell, but not "leather" smell) I have, including the BBW SO I just got. It might be that the smell faded already, but my LV Nomade Lockit and Empreinte Wallet I got last year still has that nice, thick leather scent. I don't get it.
Really? I only have the small leather RM items (mini mac, bf) and the smell is heavenly. I got mine brandnew though and theyre mostly in their dustbags. Also, the smell isnt as consistent like say Bal leathers, ie my mini macs smell more "leathery" than the bf .
Last edited Jun 7, 2012 at 8:13pm.
Jun 7, 2012, 8:51pm   #60
doi's Avatar
doi
D.
Originally Posted by rx4dsoul

Really? I only have the small leather RM items (mini mac, bf) and the smell is heavenly. I got mine brandnew though and theyre mostly in their dustbags. Also, the smell isnt as consistent like say Bal leathers, ie my mini macs smell more "leathery" than the bf .
The three RMs I got brand new - Raspberry MAM, SO BBW MAM and the Fuchsia Snake Mini MAC - all had the "chemical" plastic-leather smell. Probably because of the treatment on them - the slight glaze or the embossed leather thing. I swear, only the Noir Nikki and MAM I got smelled good. Not the thick, rich leather smell, but it smelled like perfumed leather. Lol.

You're right, the smell on the RMs aren't consistent. Too bad. If they smelled like real leather or like the Noir...sigh. That would be heaven and I'd be rolling around in them for sure.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Rebecca Minkoff  
TOP

Thread Tools