Home Contemporary Designers Rebecca Minkoff

Do any of you Minkettes own any Chanel, Marc Jacobs or other bags with chains?

POST A REPLY

Jun 13, 2012, 2:59pm   #46
shallowly obsessing
Originally Posted by Fashion1
Sorry you felt ganged up on OP!! This thread somehow did go wrong but we really are a nice group. I hope you'll come back and post lots more! I would also love to see pics of your white affair. I know what you mean about loving chains in general. MJ chains are heavier and more substantial, say on the Stam, but I also have found it to be not as comfortable. In short, I love MJ, Balenciaga and some other brands in addition to my RMs. By the way what color Swing will you be getting?

Tracy you should try the Large Affair. I'm sure one day down the road I'll try a Chanel Flap but for right now I'm good.

Welcome OP!
Same here (love the double flap) although with the price increases

I hope RM makes more large Affairs with silver hardware, the gold just isn't me.
Jun 13, 2012, 4:22pm   #47
Originally Posted by butterfli312

Headed to x I'm afraid. I guess I'm not allowed to ask about Chanel & RM in the same thread without someone thinking I'm cheapening RM or being a snob (which I'm sure as heck not)
It was so opened/board & then you seemed to have been MIA ... Calm down
Jun 14, 2012, 1:57am   #48
Originally Posted by travelerscloset
What a grand entrance to the RM sub-forum! Welcome Minkette!
Thank you!
Jun 14, 2012, 1:58am   #49
Originally Posted by redweddy
Welcome Minkette!
Chain bags are truly classy and RM does them well!
Precisely!
Jun 14, 2012, 1:59am   #50
Originally Posted by eehlers
Sorry, OP! We misinterpreted your question...thanks for clarifying!! We are a bit protective of RM, 'cuz we love her so, but we really are a nice and fun group! And, welcome to the forum...always great to meet another Minkette!

I do love RM's chain bags. The only 'chain' bags I have are MACs right now, but am thinking I need to get an Affair - so pretty. What I love about RM is that there are so many fun styles to try that there's sure to be something everyone can love! And don't get me started on the colors and leathers...oy!!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Yes! This! I like that RM incorporates chains & tassles into her bags I love anything edgy! RM is cutting edge!
Jun 14, 2012, 2:00am   #51
Originally Posted by Tracy
I don't understand how this thread went so wrong....the OP asked a simple question, no need to get defensive and snarky.
Please be more respectful.

And BTW, profanity is not allowed.
Thank you for understanding
Jun 14, 2012, 2:02am   #52
Originally Posted by ceedoan
Hey minkette!! I think this was all a big misunderstanding!! I feel like we sorta ganged up on u "mean girls" style and that was not cool at all!!! sorry for that! We really are a bunch of sweet gals. Aww u poor thing having to defend yourself!! Just goes to show how much we love RM and how protective we are :P - let's just start all over, clean slate!!! so welcome welcome!!!
No worries thank you for apologizing! No need to really but it's appreciated! Now back to the fun!!!
Jun 14, 2012, 2:05am   #53
Originally Posted by Fashion1
Sorry you felt ganged up on OP!! This thread somehow did go wrong but we really are a nice group. I hope you'll come back and post lots more! I would also love to see pics of your white affair. I know what you mean about loving chains in general. MJ chains are heavier and more substantial, say on the Stam, but I also have found it to be not as comfortable. In short, I love MJ, Balenciaga and some other brands in addition to my RMs. By the way what color Swing will you be getting?

Tracy you should try the Large Affair. I'm sure one day down the road I'll try a Chanel Flap but for right now I'm good.

Welcome OP!
I will probably get a black swing with ghw! Love my green one!

My fave brands (in no particular order) are: Chanel, Bal, LV (not mono though), RM, Alexander Wang, MBMJ, MJ, and Celine!!!
Jun 14, 2012, 2:07am   #54
Originally Posted by Tracy
Same here (love the double flap) although with the price increases

I hope RM makes more large Affairs with silver hardware, the gold just isn't me.
Oh & I also hope RM does more rose gold hardware. If I come across a plum colored studded affair man oh man!
Jun 14, 2012, 2:11am   #55
just passing through

Originally Posted by butterfli312
Thank you!
Jun 14, 2012, 2:22am   #56
I much prefer RM new rose gold hw and I too also love her silver hw. I agree with someo of the girls here, bright yellow gold hw is just not me
Jun 14, 2012, 2:30am   #57
Yes Kiwi agreed I'm not too much of a gold hardware fan in general (any brand) although I do own a couple ghw bags...I think ghw is pretty it just doesn't suit me as well
POST A REPLY
  HOME Contemporary Designers Rebecca Minkoff