Home > >

Beckon hobo - desert or black? (pics)

POST A REPLY

Jun 17, 2012, 12:18am   #16
sdkitty
does yours have the green and black leopard print lining?

Originally Posted by lvsweetness
i think the bag is huge, but i like it huge.. it reminds me of bottega veneta campana hobo which is why i grabbed it

i love the desert color u got!

crappy cell shot

Jun 17, 2012, 12:56am   #17
lvsweetness
yeah yeah yeah
Originally Posted by sdkitty
does yours have the green and black leopard print lining?
yeah it does!
Jun 17, 2012, 1:07am   #18
sdkitty
thanks....then it's the same leather as mine....not glazed but with a sheen to it?
Originally Posted by lvsweetness
yeah it does!
Jun 17, 2012, 2:01am   #19
lvsweetness
yeah yeah yeah
thanks....then it's the same leather as mine....not glazed but with a sheen to it?
it's a little shiny but def not glazed on mine
Jun 17, 2012, 2:38am   #20
LeBolDuChaton
I like the dessert color (even though it might take more babying) because it really shows off the pattern/leather!
Jun 17, 2012, 11:30am   #21
sdkitty
thanks.....I actually think this color won't be to hard to keep nice.....I'm pretty easy on my bags and it's not that light
when I was shopping yesterday, the SA brought out an MBMJ bag in an ivory pebbled leather....aside from the fact that it wasn't a style for me, I wouldn't be at all interested in that color - too delicate for me

Originally Posted by LeBolDuChaton
I like the dessert color (even though it might take more babying) because it really shows off the pattern/leather!
Jun 17, 2012, 3:27pm   #22
scoobiesmomma
♥♥♥
I'm curious how comfy those straps are on the shoulder? I have been eyeing this bag....
Jun 17, 2012, 4:49pm   #23
sdkitty
from what I can tell without carrying it for any length of time, the straps are fairly comfortable. Of course, double straps can slip.

On the pro side, those double straps allow you to open the bag wide and see all your stuff so you're not fishing around for your wallet, etc, as with a lot of hobos.

And for being so large, it's not particularly heavy.

I'm still a bit concerned about he size in proportion to my body though.

Originally Posted by scoobiesmomma
I'm curious how comfy those straps are on the shoulder? I have been eyeing this bag....
Jun 17, 2012, 6:38pm   #24
scoobiesmomma
♥♥♥
Thanks for the info! FWIW, I prefer the bag in Black, and honestly I am not a black bag person... I just think the subtlety of the weaving is gorgeous in this color. If I were to get one, I'd get black. Is the leather as shiny as it appears or is that just lighting?
Jun 18, 2012, 12:00am   #25
sdkitty
I didn't notice the shine on the leather in the store. I noticed it more when I compared it to the photo of Halle Berry and her bag. It's fairly shiny but not glazed. I would describe it as smooth with some veins but no pebbling and some shine.

Originally Posted by scoobiesmomma
Thanks for the info! FWIW, I prefer the bag in Black, and honestly I am not a black bag person... I just think the subtlety of the weaving is gorgeous in this color. If I were to get one, I'd get black. Is the leather as shiny as it appears or is that just lighting?
Jun 18, 2012, 12:10am   #26
sdkitty
Here are some modeling pics
I'm leaning toward keeping the desert colored bag. But still possible I could keep the black one or return both.
Attached Images

Jun 18, 2012, 9:32am   #27
thedseer
her?
Here are some modeling pics
I'm leaning toward keeping the desert colored bag. But still possible I could keep the black one or return both.
This looks good-thanks for posting pics. I've been intrigued by this one. I think i prefer the desert.
Jun 18, 2012, 11:50am   #28
sdkitty
thanks thedseer

Originally Posted by thedseer
This looks good-thanks for posting pics. I've been intrigued by this one. I think i prefer the desert.
Jun 18, 2012, 2:45pm   #29
scoobiesmomma
♥♥♥
I really like them both on you...I don't think it looks too big at all!
Jun 18, 2012, 3:22pm   #30
LindaP
I prever the desert, I have it in another style! To me black is just ..well another black bag.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > >