Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Authenticate this REBECCA MINKOFF!

POST A REPLY

Jan 13, 2010, 12:50am   #16
T
TXGirlie
This might be one of the new MT's. Can you tell us where you got it and show inside pictures too?
Jan 13, 2010, 12:57am   #17
l
lovelier
Originally Posted by TXGirlie
This might be one of the new MT's. Can you tell us where you got it and show inside pictures too?
Its from eBay and thats the only picture they have unfortunately :( I did look it up and theres one that is the same one and doesnt have pockets on the sides like people have said.. What would you look for?

I am looking at an older one (one with pockets on the side?) and I am asking for them for more pictures, so I will post them.. but yeah, what would you look for?
Jan 13, 2010, 3:21am   #18
i
ivysun
I think this is the new version MT. but my question: is it leather? It looks Nylon to me.
Jan 13, 2010, 3:58am   #19
pinkboudoir
I had a Navy Luxe Market Tote & I could carry it on the shoulders with the handles. It has 2 non functional pockets. Ivy could be right, it could be non leather.
Jan 13, 2010, 10:42am   #20
Purse Grrrl
Thanks to one and all. I keep saying I'm going to stay away from the auction sites, and yet somehow back I go...
Jan 13, 2010, 11:30am   #21
Desi
^sometimes the auction sites are where the best deals are at. RM hasn't spread with counterfeits, but tpf is a great resource to get all your bags authenticated regardless of which brand you're buying.
Jan 13, 2010, 11:35am   #22
T
TXGirlie
We need info about the lining, inside pockets, and if there is a metal RM tag inside. Can you get a picture somehow? It's hard to authenticate based on one picture alone.
Jan 13, 2010, 1:02pm   #23
jav821
Hi, Can someone please authentic? Thanks in advance..

Rebecca Minkoff Mini-Beloved ~ Gorgeous Wine!
Bonanzle Seller: Kimberlini
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/Kimbe...Gorgeous_Wine_
Jan 13, 2010, 1:05pm   #24
T
TXGirlie
It's real, and a great bag style!
Jan 13, 2010, 1:10pm   #25
jav821
^^ thank you
Jan 13, 2010, 2:25pm   #26
Desi
This is authentic and the newer version of the market tote with strap. I would request more pictures from the seller just to confirm if its leather or nylon. The pic looks like it was taken from a cell phone or in bad lighting. I would ask for pics of the inside nameplate and lining also.

Originally Posted by lovelier

Thanks!
Jan 13, 2010, 6:44pm   #27
l
lovelier
Thanks for everyones help.. Im currently talking to a different seller about this bag it the elephant color so I will post more pictures when she replys for authenticity.
Jan 14, 2010, 3:20am   #28
somechick
hook em horns!
Originally Posted by lovelier
Its from eBay and thats the only picture they have unfortunately :( I did look it up and theres one that is the same one and doesnt have pockets on the sides like people have said.. What would you look for?

I am looking at an older one (one with pockets on the side?) and I am asking for them for more pictures, so I will post them.. but yeah, what would you look for?
people always ask this and there is honestly no easy answer.... there is never one certain thing to look for, rather it is the item as a whole. as you become familiar with a certain designer or style, you know how the hardware, leather, stitching, color, engravings, etc is all supposed to look.
also, counterfeiters are always updating and trying to get as close to the real thing as possible. sometimes small changes or subtle features (like holograms, numbers, specific lettering) by the designers slow down the fakers, but it is only a matter of time before they catch up again. it is always best to get as many clear and detailed pics as possible and post them here for experienced opinions.
Jan 15, 2010, 11:52pm   #29
e
engineblock
- MAMM (Metallic Charcoal?) w/ silver HW
- (
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/aka_kirara/items/8279122)

Didn't even think to authenticate this before I bought it - super new to TPF - but it's on it's way to me now and I don't have any other photos. I don't know if this seller is on TPF, but can anyone tell if it's real or not?
Jan 15, 2010, 11:55pm   #30
T
TXGirlie
The bag is fine. For the moment most of the RM's out there are real.
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >