POST A REPLY

May 17, 2008, 7:50pm   #46
LovesIt<33
Addicted to Shopping
Gung all of this info is very helpful...Thank you so much! I was curious as to how I should go about cleaning my RM bag and I feel like an expert now
May 17, 2008, 8:00pm   #47
NicolesCloset
sassy mama!
Thank you
May 17, 2008, 10:02pm   #48
p3bbz
Resident Catwoman!
Thank you - great information.
May 18, 2008, 12:08am   #49
a
airenle
The Plan B Dusty I got last night is already dirty :( I was wearing a dull, red dress today and somehow the bag picked up a bit of the color. Totally a bummer since it's still brand new, but I can't dwell on it.

With that said, does anyone know where I can pick up AppleGuard and Magic Rub in NYC?
May 18, 2008, 12:59am   #50
tulip618
MPH=Miu Prada Hermes
Thank you very much gung for sharing your secrets to handbag care!!!
May 18, 2008, 1:17am   #51
L
Loquita
Wow Gung! You read my mind! I was just logging on to ask how in the world I should clean my RM colored leathers...Thanks so much, your help is much appreciated. :)
May 18, 2008, 8:18am   #52
Samia
Easily Distracted!
Originally Posted by GUNG
I am going to assume you just meant chocolate on the leather
(If not, just let me know)

Just follow these directions:

Make sure there is no extra/excess chocolate

Mix a very small amount of lukewarm water with (like a half cup) with about a tablespoon of mild soap. With a clean sponge, gently "dot" at the stain while intermittently gently swishing around. The leather is going to be darker for a bit because it is wet of course. Wipe it clean, and let dry. The stain should be gone. If there is any trace of a stain, powder the stain with baking soda (Arm & Hammer) or a light dusting of cornmeal. That should really take care of it. After that's all said and done, I would suggest lightly conditioning the entire bag. =)
Thanks Gung, but the apple conditioner did the job, the stain was on the outside leather. And I did condition the entire bag too and looks great!!
May 19, 2008, 7:14am   #53
c
cocobal
Thanks Gung, for sharing these info.

I'll need to condition my eggplant and night blue leather as the former looks "haggard" and the latter looks like its about to crack any minute.
May 20, 2008, 1:30am   #54
Desi
May 21, 2008, 12:34pm   #55
supko
He-he-hello!
This is a great thread! Question - has anyone had a water stain on a lighter color? A friend just suffered a water spill on her brand new Dusty Steady :( I suggested she go to professional, but is there a way to treat it on her own?

Thanks!
May 21, 2008, 3:05pm   #56
m
missjenny
oh dear... i got a cream MAB and the handles darkened! what a nightmare! i tried to clean her using the apple stain thing, but it made it WORSE! though when i did check the cotton ball, it was all black. how very strange!

i wish i could do something about the handles :( they are nearly black, compared to the rest of my lovely bag! what should i do?
May 21, 2008, 3:59pm   #57
mockinglee
Piemaker
Missjenny did you use the cleaner? If the cleaner doesn't work, try a white plastic eraser or even a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (remember to test everything on a small spot first before you do a larger area). If all else fails maybe take it to a professional?
May 21, 2008, 4:12pm   #58
Trayler
VRS...
Where can I buy Apple guard products?
May 21, 2008, 4:16pm   #59
mockinglee
Piemaker
Apple Leather Care: http://www.leatherstuff.com
May 21, 2008, 4:18pm   #60
Trayler
VRS...
^Thanks Mock...