POST A REPLY
 
Thread Tools
Oct 19, 2010, 5:22am   #31
tortoiseperson's Avatar
ReMember
Originally Posted by canada's
i bought this maybe a year ago while traveling and i have to say, i think i'm the only person in the world who hates it.
No you're not - I can't wear it at all, it gave me eczema and I had to take it back to the YSL counter and argue with the SA to get a refund.
Oct 31, 2010, 2:52pm   #32
Jerrica's Avatar
Member
I have been using since I was 16 (gasp) and love it. I've tried dior and other brands but always go back to ysl. My only rant is the slight mildew smell on the applicator if you don't wipe it.
Oct 31, 2010, 3:56pm   #33
M
Member
I adore this- I agree it's not a heavy duty concealer, but it's great to apply anywhere shadowed that you need to 'bring forward'. For me, that's the inner and outer corners of my eyes, and around the nose
Oct 31, 2010, 9:15pm   #34
shazzy99's Avatar
Member
I always used to use a light Covergirl concealer under my eyes and when they discountinued that, I had to look for an alternative. I tried this (#1) and absolutely love it. I never used to understand the hype around it, but now that I've tried it myself, I don't think I will use anything else.
Nov 1, 2010, 8:33pm   #35
t
Member
I usually wear #3, which I thought was too dark. But I ordered a new color #8 from Sephora. This color seems very light and it reminds me of Benefit HighBeam. Now I'm not sure which color to use, so I will go to Sephora for some help. A little does go a long way and it subtly highlights certain areas, without looking like highlight.
Nov 2, 2010, 9:59am   #36
l
Member
A rave from me - I use it in shade #1 over yellow corrector for dark circles, would love to find a cheaper version but it works so well for me I'm not fussed. Definitely be careful when colour-matching, I used to use #2 which I eventually realised was making my skin look grey-toned
Nov 2, 2010, 9:21pm   #37
s
Originally Posted by tigertrixie
I usually wear #3, which I thought was too dark. But I ordered a new color #8 from Sephora. This color seems very light and it reminds me of Benefit HighBeam. Now I'm not sure which color to use, so I will go to Sephora for some help. A little does go a long way and it subtly highlights certain areas, without looking like highlight.

Have you tried 2? I'm wondering if 8 is darker than that. I've been wanting to try it but just dont like the shades.
Nov 3, 2010, 9:04am   #38
papertiger's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Mrs H
I adore this- I agree it's not a heavy duty concealer, but it's great to apply anywhere shadowed that you need to 'bring forward'. For me, that's the inner and outer corners of my eyes, and around the nose


I use #1 which is very slightly pink-y. I have light but yellow-y ('golden' in beauty speak but I don't kid myself) and it removes the shadows.
Last edited Nov 3, 2010 at 9:07am.
Nov 3, 2010, 9:11am   #39
Swanky Mama Of Three's Avatar
I think one reason a lot of people are disappointed w/ this is that people buy it as a concealer. . .
it's a highlighter/luminizer not a true concealer.
Nov 3, 2010, 9:34am   #40
christymarie340's Avatar
Member
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
I think one reason a lot of people are disappointed w/ this is that people buy it as a concealer. . .
it's a highlighter/luminizer not a true concealer.
thats exactly what I was wondering. I bought it and thought maybe I got a "bad batch" LOL!
Nov 22, 2010, 11:23am   #41
p
Member
help!! i ordered this product with the Sephora F&F sale, but am not sure i have the right color. i went in to the store, and they matched me to a #3...but it seems wayy too dark on me (matches me when i have bronzer). if it's supposed to be a highlighter, shouldn't it be LIGHTER than my skin tone?? i am actually very fair skinned. well, and the person matching me was trying to match my skin tone exactly.
Nov 22, 2010, 12:07pm   #42
sjunky13's Avatar
Dreaming............
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
I think one reason a lot of people are disappointed w/ this is that people buy it as a concealer. . .
it's a highlighter/luminizer not a true concealer.
Thank you! exactly. it is a highlighter, it doesnt have that much coverage, some can use it as a concealer. But it is meant to highlight the face and bring radiance.
Nov 22, 2010, 12:33pm   #43
noon's Avatar
*Sun in my eyes*
Originally Posted by punksjunk
help!! i ordered this product with the Sephora F&F sale, but am not sure i have the right color. i went in to the store, and they matched me to a #3...but it seems wayy too dark on me (matches me when i have bronzer). if it's supposed to be a highlighter, shouldn't it be LIGHTER than my skin tone?? i am actually very fair skinned. well, and the person matching me was trying to match my skin tone exactly.
If you are fair skinned you should be using #1 imo. It should be lighter than you're skin tone as it is a highlighter.
Nov 22, 2010, 2:20pm   #44
S
Member
I absolutely adore Touche Eclat! It's one of the staple items that every gal should have!
Nov 29, 2010, 4:17pm   #45
s
Member
I know everyone raves about Touche Eclat, but I just don't get it. It doesn't highlight very well at all and doesn't conceal well. So the gold tube looks pretty, but what else is it good for? :S
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar Rants & Raves  
TOP

Thread Tools