Visit our 2014 Holiday Gift Guides
Home > > >

Rant Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

POST A REPLY

Nov 23, 2009, 10:27am   #31
Swanky Mama Of Three
Also doesn't work for me. In fact, IT CREASES before I get to my eye makeup application, LOL! I've tried applying very little and I've tried applying more . . . have never found it to work for me.
Nov 23, 2009, 11:13am   #32
Jahpson
this stuff is the best hands down

I tried to do the paintpot from MAC that everyone was talking about. didnt work, my eye shadow was creased! Waste of money. I come back to UDEPP all the time!! I put it on at 6am and my eyeshadow is still in tact way into 8pm. even when the rest of my makeup has given up.

even when I go out partying at some sweaty club my eyeshadow still looks like I just applied it!
Nov 23, 2009, 11:41am   #33
ILuvShopping
★☆★★☆★★☆★
Originally Posted by Swanky Mama Of Three
Also doesn't work for me. In fact, IT CREASES before I get to my eye makeup application, LOL! I've tried applying very little and I've tried applying more . . . have never found it to work for me.

do you close your eyes for a bit to let it dry?? whenever i put it on I close my eyes for about 5-10 seconds to make sure it's dry. if you put it on and then don't allow it to dry then yes it will crease right away.
Nov 23, 2009, 11:50am   #34
Swanky Mama Of Three
honestly, I've tried every way. Right after washing my face, not right after - letting it 'set' for a bit, not letting it "set" - over applying, under applying and in between, etc. . .
Nov 25, 2009, 3:37pm   #35
ILuvShopping
★☆★★☆★★☆★
^^ well that's a bummer!! so weird how some works awesome on some people and not at all on others.

honestly if this stuff didn't exist I would probably never wear any eye makeup. this stuff is a miracle product for me.

edit: the new "shimmery" primer potion i think is terrible. it doesn't work the same as the original stuff. my eye shadow creases every time with that stuff
Nov 27, 2009, 4:49pm   #36
TygerKitty
~*~ addicted ~*~
OOOOOOOO I'm glad I'm not the only person who doesn't like UDPP... I thought I was nutso or something but my eyeshadow totally creases later in the day. I was bummed but at least I got to try it from samples instead of having to purchase it.

I have tried TFSI and it's okay for me... I like the bare minerals eyelid primer the best for me.
Nov 27, 2009, 6:43pm   #37
ejoy43
Mmmm Coach *nom nom*
I just got the Sin UDPP (the shimmer version) and my eyeshadow definitely stays put, but I found it hard to blend my shadow. I think it was because I applied the UDPP unevenly since it was my first try. It's hard to use that wand. I think next time I will try applying it with a concealer brush. Anyone have some other tips on the best way to apply it?
Nov 27, 2009, 11:47pm   #38
c
chinahopes
Account Deactivated
I bought it during F&F and returned it.. I don't care that it was only 20 bucks, it sucked.
Nov 28, 2009, 1:46am   #39
ILuvShopping
★☆★★☆★★☆★
Originally Posted by ejoy43
I just got the Sin UDPP (the shimmer version) and my eyeshadow definitely stays put, but I found it hard to blend my shadow. I think it was because I applied the UDPP unevenly since it was my first try. It's hard to use that wand. I think next time I will try applying it with a concealer brush. Anyone have some other tips on the best way to apply it?

i just dab some on my eye lid with the wad and then use my fingers to spread/dab it evenly across my eyelid. works best for me!
Dec 19, 2009, 2:40pm   #40
to_the_nines
^That's what I do too. UDPP is my HG for eyes, I can't live w/o it!
Dec 20, 2009, 4:02pm   #41
hautecouture15
I find UDPP to last much better and longer than TFSI, I just hate the UDPP packaging.
Dec 20, 2009, 11:49pm   #42
StayClassy
Hot Ghetto Mess
I almost bought some when I was at Ulta recently and I was considering going back to purchase it. Glad I encountered this thread before jumping the gun, lots of mix reviews here!
Dec 21, 2009, 1:20pm   #43
Nicole429
Loving LV
I'm new with make up and this was my first eyeshadow primer. I have to say I am very impressed and at the end of the day my eyeshadow still looks great! I really don't like the packaging though. I feel that I'll have to be cutting it in the future to get the product out.
Dec 21, 2009, 4:48pm   #44
chuggie
Gettin my Griff On
I'm not that crazy about this stuff. It does create on ok canvas for eye shadow, but I find it very difficult to get enough product out of the container. I've used it maybe 6-10 times and it "feels" close to empty. Given the price, I think I'll try another product in the future.
Dec 21, 2009, 6:05pm   #45
NorthStar
Let's go WILD!
Ok, so the packaging is def a , but this really is the BEST primer that I've ever used in terms of staying power...my eyeshadow shows no signs of creasing, even after 12 hours of wear. I cannot say the same about MAC prep & prime, it does not last nearly as long, though I am usually a huge MAC fan.

So boo on the packaging, but a big YAY on the quality!
POST A REPLY
  HOME > > >