Home Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar Rants & Raves

Rave Urban Decay De Slick Makeup Setting Spray

POST A REPLY

Jan 24, 2011, 3:44pm   #1
Girly Gear Head
Where to buy: Sephora.com, UrbanDecay.com, etc

This product gets a huge "wow" from me! I have super oily skin, and had about given up hope on finding anything that would really control my oil...until I found this stuff (and the De Slick In A Tube which I also posted a rave about).

The bottle is 4oz, so I figure it should last awhile. The instructions say to spray on before makeup application, then again after applying makeup. I put on my primer, use the setting spray, do all my makeup, then use the setting spray again. It's a pretty fine mist, and only takes a couple minutes to dry at the most. This morning, I actually forgot to use the setting mist before putting on my makeup, so I only got to use it after makeup application. I'm still surprisingly almost totally shine-free, even though I skipped a step!

I normally have oil breakthrough by lunchtime, but this product has totally taken care of that. My makeup stays on longer, and there is no shine breakthrough at all. I also sometimes dab a little of my De Slick In A Tube on my TZone after the final mist of the setting spray, just for some extra insurance. My makeup is now surviving through the work day, and well into the evening hours.

I've been amazed at how great this product is working for me, and I'll definitely be buying more when I run out!
Aug 21, 2011, 12:35pm   #2
Originally Posted by nc.girl
Where to buy: Sephora.com, UrbanDecay.com, etc

This product gets a huge "wow" from me! I have super oily skin, and had about given up hope on finding anything that would really control my oil...until I found this stuff (and the De Slick In A Tube which I also posted a rave about).

The bottle is 4oz, so I figure it should last awhile. The instructions say to spray on before makeup application, then again after applying makeup. I put on my primer, use the setting spray, do all my makeup, then use the setting spray again. It's a pretty fine mist, and only takes a couple minutes to dry at the most. This morning, I actually forgot to use the setting mist before putting on my makeup, so I only got to use it after makeup application. I'm still surprisingly almost totally shine-free, even though I skipped a step!

I normally have oil breakthrough by lunchtime, but this product has totally taken care of that. My makeup stays on longer, and there is no shine breakthrough at all. I also sometimes dab a little of my De Slick In A Tube on my TZone after the final mist of the setting spray, just for some extra insurance. My makeup is now surviving through the work day, and well into the evening hours.

I've been amazed at how great this product is working for me, and I'll definitely be buying more when I run out!
I have the regular setting spray from UD, where can I find the De-slick kind? I tried de-slick in a tube and didn't love it, but I do love the de-slick powder.
Aug 21, 2011, 5:57pm   #3
C
How long have you been using it? I'm a big fan of Graftobians setting spray but after using it for a couple weeks my face got horribly dry and flakey and I had to stop. These products have a lot of drying alcohols in them, which sucks because they really work :(
Aug 22, 2011, 7:48am   #4
Girly Gear Head
Originally Posted by coconutsboston
I have the regular setting spray from UD, where can I find the De-slick kind? I tried de-slick in a tube and didn't love it, but I do love the de-slick powder.
I got mine through Sephora.com, and you can also purchase it directly through the UD website.
Aug 22, 2011, 7:50am   #5
Girly Gear Head
Originally Posted by Chickibummi
How long have you been using it? I'm a big fan of Graftobians setting spray but after using it for a couple weeks my face got horribly dry and flakey and I had to stop. These products have a lot of drying alcohols in them, which sucks because they really work :(
I've been using it since spring...I have really oily skin, and the warmer more humid months don't do anything but make it worse. I haven't had any trouble with my face drying out. I do use moisturizer every night though in combination with all my other nightly skincare products.
Sep 20, 2011, 11:04am   #6
I am not a big fan! I noticed not difference in my skin & it still looks shiny.
Sep 21, 2011, 9:19am   #7
Girly Gear Head
^ Sorry to hear. It seems like it's hard for anyone with oily skin to find that perfect product that works well for them. I hope you can find something that works better for you!
Sep 21, 2011, 11:57am   #8
Do you know what's in it to decrease the oiliness?

If it's just going to dry out my skin, I'd rather just use oil blotting sheets ^^:
Sep 21, 2011, 2:50pm   #9
Girly Gear Head
Originally Posted by oceansportrait
Do you know what's in it to decrease the oiliness?

If it's just going to dry out my skin, I'd rather just use oil blotting sheets ^^:
I've never had any trouble with it drying me out, but I do have super oily skin...and I moisturize every night also. There aren't many products out there that can dry me out LOL.

This is the list of ingredients from the Sephora website:

Aqua (Water), SD-Alcohol 39-C, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, PVP, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Diisopropyl Propionamide, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Gluconolactone, Sodium Benzoate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Fragrance.
Oct 15, 2011, 7:31pm   #10
Traveling...
I love this! De-Slick got me through the summer months. I may go back to the setting spray when it gets colder and just use De-Slick during the summer.
Feb 24, 2012, 1:33am   #11
c
This is a great product...similar to skindinavia. Which is sister to this product. I found that for me it doesn't matter if I apply it on before makeup as long as I do after makeup application. Plus I only use this during the summer when my skin gets oily the most.
Apr 21, 2012, 10:39pm   #12
Life is Sweet
I bought setting spray yesterday and used it for the first time today. Not very happy with the product:( I have combination skin but during the hotter months my skin can get very oily. I was reading some reviews and saw that peope were spraying this on a brush and applying to the face before foundation and after makeup is done. I did this and my face was an oil slick all day! I going to try this again tomorrow but this time I will follow the directions on the bottle see if I see a difference.
Apr 22, 2012, 4:31pm   #13
H, Sweet H
Just bought it at Sephora and am hoping that it works, seems like there are mixed reviews here!
Apr 22, 2012, 5:45pm   #14
Traveling...
I still love this! For me, I notice a HUGE difference when I spray it on before primer - as opposed to just using it after.
Apr 23, 2012, 3:36pm   #15
I have been meaning to pick this up at Sephora. Now I am a little confused on these reviews. I think I am going to purchase it finally and see what happens!
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar Rants & Raves