Home Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar Rants & Raves

Rant Tresemme Freshstart Dry Shampoo

POST A REPLY

Aug 7, 2011, 5:16pm   #31
Me being the product who** that I am bought a can the other day for 6 bucks. As everyone said in this thread don't waste your money.....the product is crap in a can. I have brown hair and I've never had a problem with not being able to work in dry shampoo into my roots. This product made my feel hair gross and chalky after I sprayed it in. For the life of me I could not get the spray to work into my hair. Needless to say I was late for work due to trying to do something with my hair as I didn't have time to wash this crap out.
Save your money and don't buy this product. I'm going to stick with my faithful Oscar Blandi dry shampoo.
Sep 5, 2011, 3:32am   #32
g
Originally Posted by gina2328
It didn't work for me either.

I found the best dry shampoo for me to be baking soda. I keep a batch on my vanity in a sealed glass jar. I apply it to my hair with a fluffly powder brush, rub it in with my fingers, wait a minute, then brush. It gives my hair some volume too. I have also read you can use cornstarch as a dry shampoo.
Thanks for the great suggestion!

I've never had a dry shampoo spray work well, whatever the brand, and it's great to come across some home remedies.
Sep 6, 2011, 9:00am   #33
It's a waste of money imo. I used to use Ojon dry shampoo for years but the scent is kinda strong and it started to drive me nuts. I bought this as a cheap alternative but it was horrible.

I'm going to give Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Shampoo a shot and see if that works.
Sep 8, 2011, 1:48pm   #34
ITA! This is the worst product I have ever purchased!!! Instead of making your hair clean it makes it gross and cakey???
Sep 11, 2011, 12:24am   #35
I can't stoaaaaahp!!
I couldn't stand this either. My hair's a smidge lighter than black and just like OP stated, I looked like an old lady! My hair looked very matte afterwards, and it felt gross to the touch.
Sep 16, 2011, 1:58pm   #36
I had my parents buy me a cheap one (I think it was bed head) at shoppers when I was in the hospital! I wasn't allowed to shower because of all the IV lines I had so I had my mom do it in my hair. It was ok for the first day, but the second day I was scratching my head and had build up behind my ears and on my neck. I would never use it if I was going out of the house. If you are in the hospital and have really greasy hair like me it's a quick fix to make your hair smell and look a little bit better but I would still prefer to shower.
Sep 18, 2011, 2:20am   #37
just starting
This works really well for me. I have light hair though so maybe that is why I'm not having an issue with the whiteness or flaking?
Sep 20, 2011, 10:36am   #38
I love this & works great on my fine hair
Dec 13, 2011, 2:08pm   #39
Girly Gear Head
I normally don't use cheap hair products at all, but this morning I had a serious hair issue. I had washed and conditioned my hair, then decided to try out my sample of Ojon hair serum. Apparently, I used a little bit too much of it...after I dried my hair, it seriously looked like I hadn't washed it in 2 weeks- greasy, stringy, and flat. I have straight hair that's very fine, so you can imagine how wonderful that looked *sarcasm*. I had zero time to re-wash and dry my hair, because I had to get to work. So on my way to work, I flew into the first grocery store I saw, and grabbed a can of this stuff. I used it as soon as I got to work, and it did seem to help some. It didn't make my hair look as good as it usually does, but it did make it look a LOT better than it had looked before I used it. It's not something I would normally buy, but it worked okay for me today with my hair emergency. And I think when I get home, the rest of that little vial of Ojon serum is going to meet the trash can lol.

FYI, my hair is a medium/dark blonde color, and I didn't notice any whitish residue or anything like that. This stuff is good if you're in a bind, but it's surely not going to make your hair look like you just washed it.
Mar 27, 2012, 8:44am   #40
m
monty_lameer
I had been debating whether to try this or not, as I've had questionable results with other dry shampoo brands, and I eventually tried it.

It was...not good. At all. Very, very bad. Did pretty much nothing to my hair in terms of any textural improvement. What it did do was turn it white (as expected) and even when I brushed it out thoroughly, I had no "dandruff" but instead, my hair was a sort of gray tinge...(naturally medium brown hair)...yeah. Great.
Mar 27, 2012, 3:25pm   #41
S
FWIW I have had great luck with corn starch. :)
Mar 27, 2012, 9:51pm   #42
K
I'm so glad I'm not alone on hating this. My go-to is Oscar Blandi--no greyish cast and it smells lemony fresh.
Apr 10, 2012, 7:04am   #43
Originally Posted by LizzielovesCL
ITA! This is the worst product I have ever purchased!!! Instead of making your hair clean it makes it gross and cakey???
Lol my thoughts exactly!! It makes my hair feel
all weird and disgusting!
May 14, 2012, 11:22am   #44
d
I mean it works okay for my hair.. but I honestly just prefer straight up baby powder. I feel like it works the same way and it doesn't make my hair feel like hard at all! Just super soft and volumizedddd :)
May 16, 2012, 1:22pm   #45
Bag Lovah
This stuff is terrible. Totally made my hair cakey, I thought it was just my hair. Good to know I'm not alone.
POST A REPLY
  HOME Beauty & Makeup The Beauty Bar Rants & Raves