Home > > >

Reviews and Review Requests!

DISCUSSION CLOSED

Mar 12, 2008, 5:40pm   #1
claireZk
I thought it would be neat to have a thread where we could talk more about our recent purchases... Was there anything you especially loved? Or hated?

Also, I was thinking if someone wants to request a review for someone else's recent purchase they read about, they could ask here!

Mar 12, 2008, 5:47pm   #2
illinirdhd
Sofa King Hooked
Did it wrong - brb!
Last edited Mar 12, 2008 at 5:51pm.
Mar 12, 2008, 5:50pm   #3
claireZk
^ I've been meaning to ask you about that Smashbox powder! I'm glad you like it

Do you use it instead of foundation? I think I read that in the primer thread...
Mar 12, 2008, 6:01pm   #4
illinirdhd
Sofa King Hooked
Product name/shade: Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Face Powder in Fair

Review: Love it! I've been using Bare Escentuals powder foundations for a long time, but since I love Smashbox, I had to give it a try! It's not a full coverage foundation - more of a sheer coverage/evening out powder. The GREAT thing is that it's a pressed powder, but has a shaver in the top, so you just shave off a little and voila, it's a loose powder. Much less messy! My bathroom counter doesn't get powder all of it, and it's a lot easier to travel with. The only drawback is the price (but right now, it's available only with the brush, so the price will be less when it's sold separately).

I use this over my Smashbox Photo Finish primer.

Price: $65.94

Will purchase again: YES!

Where to find it:
QVC.com
Mar 12, 2008, 6:03pm   #5
illinirdhd
Sofa King Hooked
You read my mind, Claire! I posted it, but then I saw that you laid out a format, so I wanted to follow suit! Your formatting will be much more helpful and easy to read than a bunch of jumbled paragraphs, which is what I wrote at first!
Mar 12, 2008, 6:05pm   #6
claireZk
^ Thanks for the review(s)!
I've been very curious about that powder, but the price scares me lol. When it becomes available by itself I'll probably give it a try...

Congrats on your wedding btw!

ps- I felt guilty when I saw you changed it. I don't want people to think I'm a format Nazi! Any format is fine! lol
Mar 12, 2008, 7:43pm   #7
illinirdhd
Sofa King Hooked
I think your format is a LOT easier than a bunch of paragraphs!
Mar 12, 2008, 8:23pm   #8
anneonimiss
Borifying
Yay!!! Review thread! Thanks, ClaireBear!

Mar 12, 2008, 8:58pm   #9
Tracy
shallowly obsessing
Great idea, Claire!

Product name/shade: Sephora lip gloss (tube w/ angled applicator~~no wand) Rosy Glow

Review: I really like this gloss, it's smooth, smells good and has good color.

Price: $10

Will purchase again: Yup!

Where to find it:
Sephora
Mar 12, 2008, 9:01pm   #10
claireZk
^ I've never tried Sephora gloss. I should check it out!

I want a review of Dior pink marshmallow gloss! I know somebody just bought that
Mar 12, 2008, 9:02pm   #11
Tracy
shallowly obsessing
and another!

Product name/shade: Jane Blushing Cheeks in Blushing Earth Sheer

Review: I used it for the first time today and it stayed put and the color is amazing~~peachy....I read in another thread that someone compared it to Nars Deep Throat.

Price: $3.79, can't beat that w/ a stick!!

Will purchase again: Yup!

Where to find it:
Rite Aid
Mar 12, 2008, 9:10pm   #12
anneonimiss
Borifying
Product name/shade: Max Factor Color Genius Blush

Review: I really like this blush. It goes on well and is not hyper-pigmented (which I like because I tend to be heavy-handed with blush and I am fair). The colors are pretty and I love the three colors in one compact, so I can adjust day to day.

Price: ~$9.00

Will purchase again: YES!

Where to find it:
Walmart/Target/drugstores
Last edited Mar 12, 2008 at 9:23pm.
Mar 12, 2008, 9:17pm   #13
missjenny2679
Originally Posted by claireZk
I thought it would be neat to have a thread where we could talk more about our recent purchases... Was there anything you especially loved? Or hated?

Also, I was thinking if someone wants to request a review for someone else's recent purchase they read about, they could ask here!

Ok, Seriously....this thread is BRILLANT!! I think its such a good idea!! I really look forward to reading what other people post....I hope this one stays towards the top!! I hope I don't take it over because I could talk pros/cons of product for ever
Mar 12, 2008, 9:19pm   #14
anneonimiss
Borifying
Product name/shade: Lorac Oil-free Neutralizer

Review: My mom had a chemical peel around her eyes recently, and we bought some of this neutralizer to cover the residual redness before she went back to Jersey (and her BF) *lol*. This stuff is absolutely amazing! If anyone has trouble with blemishes or rosacea, I would definitely give this product a try.

Price: $30

Will purchase again: yes, for myself this time!

Where to find it: Sephora/online

Last edited Mar 12, 2008 at 9:24pm.
Mar 12, 2008, 9:25pm   #15
anneonimiss
Borifying
Originally Posted by missjenny2679
Ok, Seriously....this thread is BRILLANT!! I think its such a good idea!! I really look forward to reading what other people post....I hope this one stays towards the top!! I hope I don't take it over because I could talk pros/cons of product for ever
Me, too! I have a feeling this is going to be a very popular thread!
DISCUSSION CLOSED
  HOME > > >